[GMS][P40/Pro/Lite] How to install Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services

Search This thread

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
Well, it's official update for me, i did nothing really to get it, just did. A few days ago i attached my phone to a charger and noticed that something big is downloading as my data meter was constantly showing 10Mb/s download, i assumed that it's some phone update and was right.

I really can't tell why are you still on 10.1... , my last firmware was 11.... something, can't remember. You didin't even received update from 10 to emui 11? C432E1R2P1 is Europe, Poland, right? If you can't upgrade directly from the phone try with HISuite, maybe that will work for you. I think you can't upgrade directly to emui 12 but you need to go through all updates that are available from 10.1 to 12, at least 6-7 of them but eventually you should finish with 12.

tikilou

Nov 26, 2010
Tours
Well, it's official update for me, i did nothing really to get it, just did. A few days ago i attached my phone to a charger and noticed that something big is downloading as my data meter was constantly showing 10Mb/s download, i assumed that it's some phone update and was right.

I really can't tell why are you still on 10.1... , my last firmware was 11.... something, can't remember. You didin't even received update from 10 to emui 11? C432E1R2P1 is Europe, Poland, right? If you can't upgrade directly from the phone try with HISuite, maybe that will work for you. I think you can't upgrade directly to emui 12 but you need to go through all updates that are available from 10.1 to 12, at least 6-7 of them but eventually you should finish with 12.
It's a 4G only P40 lite with 128Gb nand + 6Gb of ram , won't get Emui 11 but should get Emui 12 (confirmed by Huaweï for february).
I don't know if this phone is from Poland, i'm in France, i've found it in a recycle trash with two broken screens. I thinks the owner giving up after tried to replace himself and broken screen replacement. I've replaced it (35€ on aliexpress) then bypassed huaweï ID with downgrade from USB OTG (after that, associate a new Huaweï ID remove previous ID in Huaweï database). Now the phone works perfectly ! :)
Huaweï support showing it was bought in July 2021.

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
It's a 4G only P40 lite with 128Gb nand + 6Gb of ram , won't get Emui 11 but should get Emui 12 (confirmed by Huaweï for february).
I don't know if this phone is from Poland, i'm in France, i've found it in a recycle trash with two broken screens. I thinks the owner giving up after tried to replace himself and broken screen replacement. I've replaced it (35€ on aliexpress) then bypassed huaweï ID with downgrade from USB OTG (after that, associate a new Huaweï ID remove previous ID in Huaweï database). Now the phone works perfectly ! :)
Huaweï support showing it was bought in July 2021.
Hehe, nice :) Yes, i also brought to life a few phones with a little help of aliexpress cheap screens, not as originals but not bad at all.

Ok, thanks on explanation, i didn't know that p40 lite didn't get update from emui 10 to 11. But since it's lite version it's certain that it will be the last in p40 gamma that will receive emui 12, so i think you just will need to wait for a bit.

Reactions: tikilou

debjy

Jul 27, 2006
Ok I have a P40 Pro
I have tried
I used
Base: ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
Cust: ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.7(C636)
PreLoad: 10.1.0.1(C636R5)
and multiple others but it keeps failing on the reboot and install?
My phone already has EMU 12 could that be preventing it from downgrading?

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
I think (but i'm not sure) that when you are on EMUI 12 you need first to downgrade with official HIsuite to EMUI 11, then use some of the guides to downgrade to EMUI 10 (with proxy). Maybe you should check P40 Pro forums, you can find a lot more guides there.

dimutris

Jun 27, 2021
A few days ago i attached my phone to a charger and noticed that something big is downloading as my data meter was constantly showing 10Mb/s download, i assumed that it's some phone update and was right.
whats your data meter and if its not an external app how do i get it to show on the bar?

tikilou

Nov 26, 2010
Tours
Hehe, nice :) Yes, i also brought to life a few phones with a little help of aliexpress cheap screens, not as originals but not bad at all.

Ok, thanks on explanation, i didn't know that p40 lite didn't get update from emui 10 to 11. But since it's lite version it's certain that it will be the last in p40 gamma that will receive emui 12, so i think you just will need to wait for a bit.
I finally have updated Emui 12 on my P40 Lite european, google play service, framework, maps, playstore, works correctly, but il should be installed before the Update and Device ID have to be added here : https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
For me never install play service from googlifier and installed this step by step work : https://download1338.mediafire.com/vpsq09r6ucjg/c04ajfq6j0mvwmy/Fix+GSM+Play+Protect+Certified.7z

Googlifier won't work on Emui 12, need to downgrade to Emui 10 first or have old Lzplay already installed before upgrade.

By the way, push notifications with apps wich depend of google libraries, still don't work.

Reactions: dimutris

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
I fallowed this tutorial while i was on emui 11:

Then i upgraded from emui 10 to emui 11 from the phone (officially) and i fallowed this video to fix some problems (including push notifications fix):

then upgraded the phone to emui 12 and everything is working.

The only thing that is not working is play store and that didn't work for me on emui 11 too, because i didn't stop it from updating but i don't mind, everything that is on play store i download from APKPure, so i'm good :)

Last edited:

dimutris

Jun 27, 2021
I finally have updated Emui 12 on my P40 Lite european, google play service, framework, maps, playstore, works correctly, but il should be installed before the Update and Device ID have to be added here : https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
For me never install play service from googlifier and installed this step by step work : https://download1338.mediafire.com/vpsq09r6ucjg/c04ajfq6j0mvwmy/Fix+GSM+Play+Protect+Certified.7z

Googlifier won't work on Emui 12, need to downgrade to Emui 10 first or have old Lzplay already installed before upgrade.

By the way, push notifications with apps wich depend of google libraries, still don't work.
So just to be sure I am on Emui 10 (10.1.0.399), first I register device id, then i follow 1 2 3 steps from zip file and then i automatically get ota update to emui 12?

Last edited:

tikilou

Nov 26, 2010
Tours
So just to be sure I am on Emui 10 (10.1.0.399), first I register device id, then i follow 1 2 3 steps from zip file and then i automatically get ota update to emui 12?
Almost, you have to install every apk from Googlifier (without install Google Play Service from Googlifier) then reboot before 1/2/3 steps (have to reboot everytime before.

1 : have installed good lzplay (could need a downgrade for install it) and Never uninstall it, then run googlifier
2 : change years to 2020
3 : install play service un official, it's thé first apk gived by Googlifier (microg for Huawei fake Play Service wich bypass google connecté ban for Huawei device with official Play Service apk.)
4 : change year to 2022, connect all google account needed (you Never could add them again, dont ever change pas sword toi.)
5 : install all apk purposed by Googlifier excepted Google Play Service (follow instructions, but just after installed google gsf frame work wich gonna generate Device ID, add thé device ID to https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/ on your google account connected on the phone)
6 : reboot then install Google Play Service from 1/2/3 apk, reboot after each apk installés (https://download1338.mediafire.com/vpsq09r6ucjg/c04ajfq6j0mvwmy/Fix+GSM+Play+Protect+Certified.7z)
7 : test playstore, maps, and any google librairies depending of google service (especially maps api on any third party app)
8 : if everything is working fine, you can upgrade your phone from emui 10 to emui 12.
9 : Never disconnect your google accounts, never change password, Never try to install modded playstore, Never uninstall or freeze any apk install by Googlifier or the playstore. (keep in mind any downgrade from emui 12 to emui 10 gonna erase all data and factory reset the phone)
10 : enjoy Android 11 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228_165856_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_165856_com.android.settings.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20220228_165914_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_165914_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220228_165956_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_165956_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220228_165519_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_165519_com.android.vending.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20220228_165548_com.android.settings_edit_89113790590567.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_165548_com.android.settings_edit_89113790590567.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220228_170121_fr.axa.youdrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_170121_fr.axa.youdrive.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: dimutris

axepted

Sep 28, 2010
I'm trying to downgrade from emui 11 to 10 on a P40. But get a error msg during download/install part. Is that normal and just try again, or have I chosen the wrong ROM for downgrade? ANA-N29 C432.

justjey

so guys, i'm having a P40 (ANA-NX9) running originally on emui11

ANA-LGRP4-OVS 11.0.0.247
ANA-N29-CUST 11.0.0.5(C636)
ANA-N29-PRELOAD 11.0.0.3(C636R4)

then i downgrade using HiSuite 11.0.0.620_OVE + HiSuite Proxy 3.1.1

ANA-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.158
ANA-N29-CUST 10.1.0.6(C636)
ANA-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C636R4)

after downgraded and successfully reboot the phone, i lost USB.
then tried update software once (still emui10)

ANA-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.186
ANA-N29-CUST 10.1.0.6(C636)
ANA-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C636R4)

but still did not get any reaction on connection to my laptop.

i've actually reading the forum till i almost blinded my eyes. lol

anyone help please?

should i just keep update the phone back to emui11 directly system updates and do over the downgrade process again?

if so, which particular emui10 release should i use from firmfinder?

thanks peeps.

**update 4.40am (GMT+8)

what i did is i directly update system back to emui11.
followed a youtube video and managed to downgrade back to emui10 and sucessfully installed GMS. but the USB issue is there. So after installing GMS, all i need is to keep update to emui11 to fix the usb issue?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently purchased a Huawei P40 in a super offer. Most likely without this "offer you can't refuse" I would never have bought a phone without pre-installed Google services.
    After days of research and guides that never worked I found this video guide created by Stefano Nikolov in his YouTube channel which, on the contrary, works perfectly.

This guide works with all the recent Huawei phones (P40, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, etc.) and you can add your Google Account (one or more but ONLY at the beginning of the configuration), use Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services (in Italy it works also for the Covid-19 application).

It's very simple, it's just 10 steps and it works. I have tried it twice consecutively on my Huawei P40 and it has always brought the desired result, without those annoying Play Protect notifications that appear after following other procedures. With the addition of Customized Pixel Launcher or Lawchair you can transform your Huawei without GMS into a Pixel like phone.

What is not working:
    - The device is still uncertified (I tried to manually add the Framework ID but it doesn't work)
    - Google Assistant cannot be activated by voice ("Ehy Google" cannot be enabled)
    - Google Duo SMS activation doesn't work (you cannot use Google Duo)
    - Google Contacts app cannot create new contact on Google account (official Huawei Contacts app will work for this, so don't use Google Contacts app)

Here is the video guide:

Credits:
    Original YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIB6_gPIyao
    Stefano Nikolov YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSHHwtg3HLWCGifGFL2BLw
    N
    noppy22
    @noppy22 I'm sorry to disturb you, is it possible to cross-post on the P40 Pro and P40 Lite forums or do I have to create two more threads? Thanks.
    There isn't any way to cross-post as AFAIK. You would have to copy-paste in each discussion forum.
    The tutorial will be updated because i think Google blocked the login
    lots of new videos on the youtube say there's a fix, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAxj0FYgwoY

I might give it a go soon.
    Network error on chinese app

Hello,
    it seems that this method no longer works.
    I get this error while opening chinese app through which the Google Services should be downloaded:
    It says the app don't have internet connection. I've tried on wifi and mobile data, no success.
    P40 lite

Any ideas?

hOtkT7m.jpg