[GMS][P40/Pro/Lite] How to install Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services

Search This thread

-PaRRoT-

Jan 12, 2008
I recently purchased a Huawei P40 in a super offer. Most likely without this "offer you can't refuse" I would never have bought a phone without pre-installed Google services.
After days of research and guides that never worked I found this video guide created by Stefano Nikolov in his YouTube channel which, on the contrary, works perfectly.

This guide works with all the recent Huawei phones (P40, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, etc.) and you can add your Google Account (one or more but ONLY at the beginning of the configuration), use Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services (in Italy it works also for the Covid-19 application).

It's very simple, it's just 10 steps and it works. I have tried it twice consecutively on my Huawei P40 and it has always brought the desired result, without those annoying Play Protect notifications that appear after following other procedures. With the addition of Customized Pixel Launcher or Lawchair you can transform your Huawei without GMS into a Pixel like phone.

What is not working:
- The device is still uncertified (I tried to manually add the Framework ID but it doesn't work)
- Google Assistant cannot be activated by voice ("Ehy Google" cannot be enabled)
- Google Duo SMS activation doesn't work (you cannot use Google Duo)
- Google Contacts app cannot create new contact on Google account (official Huawei Contacts app will work for this, so don't use Google Contacts app)

Here is the video guide:

Credits:
Original YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIB6_gPIyao
Stefano Nikolov YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSHHwtg3HLWCGifGFL2BLw

Last edited:

-PaRRoT-

Jan 12, 2008
@noppy22 I'm sorry to disturb you, is it possible to cross-post on the P40 Pro and P40 Lite forums or do I have to create two more threads? Thanks.

Network error on chinese app

Hello,
it seems that this method no longer works.
I get this error while opening chinese app through which the Google Services should be downloaded:
It says the app don't have internet connection. I've tried on wifi and mobile data, no success.
P40 lite

Any ideas?

hOtkT7m.jpg

Reactions: Ruzzelzzz

gabontz

Jul 13, 2006
Buckinghamshire
I've tried at least 5 methods found. None of the work for me. Apparently, I can't save the account on the phone regardless what method I'm trying.
It's just not working with the initial firmware or the update...
Any help appreciated.
Tia

Teraterayuki

Jul 5, 2020
Unable to install on P40 Lite 5G

I tried to install it on a P40 Lite 5G, but was unable to do so with the following error
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
000ae791006028011e44dabacb0ab159.png

Reactions: anita98558

office.secure17

Jul 26, 2020
any known working method for Nova7 5G?

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

I tried to install it on a P40 Lite 5G, but was unable to do so with the following error
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
000ae791006028011e44dabacb0ab159.png

I am also stuck at this screen for my Nova7 5G.

But for P40 lite, this can be resolved by changing date. Pls check latest fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently purchased a Huawei P40 in a super offer. Most likely without this "offer you can't refuse" I would never have bought a phone without pre-installed Google services.
    After days of research and guides that never worked I found this video guide created by Stefano Nikolov in his YouTube channel which, on the contrary, works perfectly.

This guide works with all the recent Huawei phones (P40, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, etc.) and you can add your Google Account (one or more but ONLY at the beginning of the configuration), use Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services (in Italy it works also for the Covid-19 application).

It's very simple, it's just 10 steps and it works. I have tried it twice consecutively on my Huawei P40 and it has always brought the desired result, without those annoying Play Protect notifications that appear after following other procedures. With the addition of Customized Pixel Launcher or Lawchair you can transform your Huawei without GMS into a Pixel like phone.

What is not working:
    - The device is still uncertified (I tried to manually add the Framework ID but it doesn't work)
    - Google Assistant cannot be activated by voice ("Ehy Google" cannot be enabled)
    - Google Duo SMS activation doesn't work (you cannot use Google Duo)
    - Google Contacts app cannot create new contact on Google account (official Huawei Contacts app will work for this, so don't use Google Contacts app)

Here is the video guide:

Credits:
    Original YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIB6_gPIyao
    Stefano Nikolov YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSHHwtg3HLWCGifGFL2BLw
    N
    noppy22
    @noppy22 I'm sorry to disturb you, is it possible to cross-post on the P40 Pro and P40 Lite forums or do I have to create two more threads? Thanks.
    There isn't any way to cross-post as AFAIK. You would have to copy-paste in each discussion forum.
    The tutorial will be updated because i think Google blocked the login
    lots of new videos on the youtube say there's a fix, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAxj0FYgwoY

I might give it a go soon.
    Network error on chinese app

Hello,
    it seems that this method no longer works.
    I get this error while opening chinese app through which the Google Services should be downloaded:
    It says the app don't have internet connection. I've tried on wifi and mobile data, no success.
    P40 lite

Any ideas?

hOtkT7m.jpg