GNote - Note taking application (8/11/2012)

Search This thread

masiullah

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
I created this application out of my need as I used S Memo for taking notes, meeting minutes and using the widgets as the sticky notes. I found memo to be the closest one but widgets was broken and I decided to create a new application based on SPen SDK 2.1

Features of GNote
1. Multiple widgets which remains even after reboot. Widgets are updated as soon as the corresponding note is edited.
2. Multiple pages with easy navigation
3. Update existing widgets note
4. Simple toolbar which can be hidden.
5. Notes Gallery for managing notes. (image of the first page of the note is shown in notes gallery)
6. Notes Gallery - Multiple notes can be deleted.
7. Images from gallery and camera can be added to the note.
8. Settings - option to disable back key
9. Settings - option to disable finger touch.
10.It remembers last used pen and eraser settings and uses the same when the app is launched next time.
11. Very smooth and does not lag.
12. Clicking on the title bar of widget opens a new note
13. Clicking on the body of the widget opens the note corresponding to the widget.

Compatible with ICS and JB.

Change Log
1. Add Images from camera and gallery
2. Layout changes to improve user experience
3. Added Settings and about screens

1. Background colors can be added to the notes. The same will be applicable to the widgets
2. Settings - Left Hand (Please report if not working fine)
3. Settings - Option to enable/disable pinch zoom
4. Notes Gallery now shows the count of pages in each note.
5. Note is saved without any confirmation. Further, you can save the note on demand using the save button. Note is saved when you navigate to some other activity or on exit of the application.
6. Some Icons changed (still a WIP).
7. Saves the notes faster. reduced the saving time by 50%.
an many insignificant fixes.

1. Note can be shared now
2. Note can be exported as a png image
3. Text can be added to the note
4. Tool tips are added to the toolbar buttons
5. Selected tool is highlighted in white(applicable to pen, eraser and text)
6. reverted the icons to holo light theme
7. Minor Bug fixes

If you find any bug please report it here. Do not forget to mention the Rom on which you are. Do not report bug if used other than galaxy note

You can donate to me by using about dialog from the application or from here. Donations are not necessary and will not have any effect on the development of the application.

Special Thanks to
g_aquarian for donation

Thanks to Devmil for his color chooser.

Please press thanks if you like my application. At least I deserve that

Attachments

• GNote_0.2.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 4,828
  • GNote_0.3.apk
    2 MB · Views: 2,945
  • GNote_0.4.apk
    2 MB · Views: 45,724
Last edited:

martywix

Jun 12, 2009
Like the app, very useful! It would be nice if we could change the background color of the widget and maybe try to steamline the widget title bar, it takes up space. All in all really like it and see a lot of potential!!

Thank you!
Marty

Reactions: galaxytab1

masiullah

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
Customization and Background colors will come later as I need to tackle some of the basic stuffs like image and text. All suggestions than can improve user experience are welcome and are potential candidates for future releases.

masiullah

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
Nope.
Be aware that someone can do it before you and "steal" your app by this way.
There were some cases like that in the past.

Anyway, subscribing to the thread :good:

I would have paid $25 but Indian users cannot sell paid apps currently on market and there is no way for me to regain those $25. Do you know any other alternate site where I can upload my application.

Reactions: Kflan22

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
If i'm not totally wrong, you can upload your app to the Play Store, but you can't sell it. It has to be free. Or if you want to sell apps on the Play Store, you'll have to find a person (that you trust 110%) who can sell your app(s) on your behalf.

masiullah

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
If i'm not totally wrong, you can upload your app to the Play Store, but you can't sell it. It has to be free. Or if you want to sell apps on the Play Store, you'll have to find a person (that you trust 110%) who can sell your app(s) on your behalf.

I searched a lot but the only answer I get is pay $25 and upload free or paid apps. Since, this application is free, its best for me to host it on XDA.

micro17

Jul 14, 2011
WOW!

really great application especially the lag-less writing with the pen. very impressive! even on the note cm10 preview

thanks very much :)

I think this should be part of CM 10 for note when it's ready. not of the ugly play store :)

the delete with finger idea is not that good I think - cause when I write I tend to touch the screen with my Palm rest accidently...

what i would like to See is an Option to disable the touchscreen and/or the back touch-Button --- so that just the pen is working

thanks again

max

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
the delete with finger idea is not that good I think - cause when I write I tend to touch the screen with my Palm rest accidently...

what i would like to See is an Option to disable the touchscreen and/or the back touch-Button --- so that just the pen is working

So this app doesn't have palm rejection?
What is the pros/cons when comparing it to Papyrus?

Vladimir.L

Jul 23, 2012
Hmm. I am getting parse error after sucessful download and trying to install it. Any prereqisites for this app?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

masiullah

Mar 22, 2012
Chicago
It is original 2.3.6, not rooted, nonmarket apps have been already installed.

Regards,

Vladimir

Currently the app is targeted for ICS/JB specifically cyanogen mod. In the next release i will make it compatible with GB.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this application out of my need as I used S Memo for taking notes, meeting minutes and using the widgets as the sticky notes. I found memo to be the closest one but widgets was broken and I decided to create a new application based on SPen SDK 2.1

Features of GNote
    1. Multiple widgets which remains even after reboot. Widgets are updated as soon as the corresponding note is edited.
    2. Multiple pages with easy navigation
    3. Update existing widgets note
    4. Simple toolbar which can be hidden.
    5. Notes Gallery for managing notes. (image of the first page of the note is shown in notes gallery)
    6. Notes Gallery - Multiple notes can be deleted.
    7. Images from gallery and camera can be added to the note.
    8. Settings - option to disable back key
    9. Settings - option to disable finger touch.
    10.It remembers last used pen and eraser settings and uses the same when the app is launched next time.
    11. Very smooth and does not lag.
    12. Clicking on the title bar of widget opens a new note
    13. Clicking on the body of the widget opens the note corresponding to the widget.

Compatible with ICS and JB.

Change Log
    1. Add Images from camera and gallery
    2. Layout changes to improve user experience
    3. Added Settings and about screens

1. Background colors can be added to the notes. The same will be applicable to the widgets
    2. Settings - Left Hand (Please report if not working fine)
    3. Settings - Option to enable/disable pinch zoom
    4. Notes Gallery now shows the count of pages in each note.
    5. Note is saved without any confirmation. Further, you can save the note on demand using the save button. Note is saved when you navigate to some other activity or on exit of the application.
    6. Some Icons changed (still a WIP).
    7. Saves the notes faster. reduced the saving time by 50%.
    an many insignificant fixes.

7. Minor Bug fixes

If you find any bug please report it here. Do not forget to mention the Rom on which you are. Do not report bug if used other than galaxy note

You can donate to me by using about dialog from the application or from here. Donations are not necessary and will not have any effect on the development of the application.

Special Thanks to
    g_aquarian for donation

Thanks to Devmil for his color chooser.

Please press thanks if you like my application. At least I deserve that
    I would like to inform you that due to lot of changes in my life (country, job, etc) I am not finding sufficient time to work on this application and the updates to it may no longer happen in the near future.

I would like to thank you all for appreciating the work done by me.
    Masiullah? Still developing this app? Long time no see in this thread...

Still there are lot of features that I have planned to implement but was busy for past month as I was moving to another country. In a week or two I will again start the development of this app.

I searched a lot but the only answer I get is pay $25 and upload free or paid apps. Since, this application is free, its best for me to host it on XDA.
    Version 0.4 is available for download from OP.

Below is the change log.

7. Minor Bug fixes
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone