Go back to stock room from Rooted phone

Search This thread

cheachandarin

Nov 17, 2017
LG G8
Google Pixel 4
dear guy please kindly help me, i just bought phone in cheap price from Tao Bao china website and it was a rooted phone with android 10. i want you guy help to back to stock rom because it can't use some bank app in country.
best regard

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
dear guy please kindly help me, i just bought phone in cheap price from Tao Bao china website and it was a rooted phone with android 10. i want you guy help to back to stock rom because it can't use some bank app in country.
best regard

But isn't the phone already on a stock rom? But that it's rooted? Or is it running an aftermarket rom like Lineage? Look in settings, software version to find out.

You can relock the boot-loader, but before trying to do that, you have to be running 100% stock, no modifications to the rom whatsoever. I've done that but have only attempted it after using lgup to flash a complete stock rom.

To re-lock it you have to use the engineering abl and qfil to flash it, then go directly to fastboot, re-lock, then use fastboot one last time to flash the original abl back.

look in the guides section to get an idea of how to do above.

cheachandarin

Nov 17, 2017
LG G8
Google Pixel 4
But isn't the phone already on a stock rom? But that it's rooted? Or is it running an aftermarket rom like Lineage? Look in settings, software version to find out.

You can relock the boot-loader, but before trying to do that, you have to be running 100% stock, no modifications to the rom whatsoever. I've done that but have only attempted it after using lgup to flash a complete stock rom.

To re-lock it you have to use the engineering abl and qfil to flash it, then go directly to fastboot, re-lock, then use fastboot one last time to flash the original abl back.

look in the guides section to get an idea of how to do above.
it was stock LG android 10 but i didn't know to check it if it was modifications if you know how to check it please kindly help me out.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
it was stock LG android 10 but i didn't know to check it if it was modifications if you know how to check it please kindly help me out.

I don't think there's an easy way to determine that, at least not be 100% positive of it. What I would do is a factory reset first, but that doesn't guarantee everything will then be 100% stock.

If you're not comfortable trying to re-lock bl after that, then use lgup to flash the stock firmware. That would be my preferable way to do it.

There are, in the guides section, threads on how to do these things. Good luck. But lesson learned though right? Don't buy a phone with unlocked boot loader if you want to use banking apps and have no use for root. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good learning experience though.

cheachandarin

Nov 17, 2017
LG G8
Google Pixel 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-115239.png
    Screenshot_20220529-115239.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220529_120957.jpg
    20220529_120957.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 8

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Here the photo of it

Looks to me like you don't have lgup / drivers setup properly. So I'd guess you've never had lgup setup for any other lg phone before? And your error isn't because of the software on the phone, but because of the setup?

Look in the guides forum and you'll find some that show how to setup and use lgup. It's a bit complicated because different versions have different purposes, but it looks to me your device is running basic US Cellular rom, and there's really nothing you can do with root that would make that 'unrecognizable' by lgup.