• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Go from Stable Rom EEA to Global Stable or Developer WITHOUT Unlocking Bootloader

Search This thread

Happiness777

May 23, 2018
Hi all. I've come up with a solution to install the Stable Global Rom WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader

My redmi note 7 is bought in the Peruvian physical store and came with the Stable Rom EEA without unlocking the Bootloader

1º Download and install on the Windows PC the XiaoMiTool V2 application from: https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/latest?p=windows

2º On the phone activate the developer options and activate debugging by USB

3º Run the XiaoMiTool V2 app. When finished installing the drivers connect the phone. In the application select the option "My device works normally I want to mod it".
If this is the first time we connect the phone by ADB, we must unlock it and give permission.

4th When we detect the phone correctly we have to select the option to install a Rom Stock. There, in the list that is shown, you have to select the "Stable Global Rom". If we select directly the Rom Developer asks you to have the bootloader unlocked

5º Accept and let the program work. Follow the instructions given by the program. There is a point where it asks us to manually select a recovery options. The phone restarts several times.

We already have the Stable Global Rom installed on our phone. without unlocking the Bootloader.

hope it has been helpful

Last edited:
Reactions: CandyMan829

Hot-Proton

May 11, 2019
OnePlus 9 Pro
How can i turn back to from Global to EEA? Why is there no Global DEV? I have test but i dont get the Global on my Note 7. After pushing the rom to the phone this reboots and get a error. Bootloader is locked. After i get the error i reboot the phone but only see the Bootanimation and dont boot to System.

Attachments

• 2019-06-11_114607.png
    2019-06-11_114607.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 2019-06-11_114658.png
    2019-06-11_114658.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,099
Last edited:

MattHdH

Jan 31, 2018
Hey, its works!
But I dont know what the different. Stability? Performance? I dont know.

yeaa,, I think I want to back to use custom MIUI. But I still afraid of unlocked. Because my older phone has been stolen and I can't tracking cause is easily hard reset.

HumbertoC

Feb 14, 2009
Funchal
Hi. Great thread. Anyone can help me confirm if this works for the Redmi Note 8 Pro (Mediatek G90T)? I got EEA Rom to and it has a "older" ROM version than the Global Stable...
Thx in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all. I've come up with a solution to install the Stable Global Rom WITHOUT unlocking the bootloader

My redmi note 7 is bought in the Peruvian physical store and came with the Stable Rom EEA without unlocking the Bootloader

1º Download and install on the Windows PC the XiaoMiTool V2 application from: https://www.xiaomitool.com/V2/latest?p=windows

2º On the phone activate the developer options and activate debugging by USB

3º Run the XiaoMiTool V2 app. When finished installing the drivers connect the phone. In the application select the option "My device works normally I want to mod it".
    If this is the first time we connect the phone by ADB, we must unlock it and give permission.

4th When we detect the phone correctly we have to select the option to install a Rom Stock. There, in the list that is shown, you have to select the "Stable Global Rom". If we select directly the Rom Developer asks you to have the bootloader unlocked

5º Accept and let the program work. Follow the instructions given by the program. There is a point where it asks us to manually select a recovery options. The phone restarts several times.

We already have the Stable Global Rom installed on our phone. without unlocking the Bootloader.

hope it has been helpful
    I'm trying to switch from global eea version 10.3.4.0 (PFGEUXM) to global stable 10.3.6.0 (PFGMIXM). Is this method going to wipe all of my data?

yes