[Gobstopper] Bell GB 2.3.4/6 Updated 12-18-2011

Search This thread

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
AT&T is not supported at this time.
Update:

This is a CWM zip for the official Bell GB in stock format.

Bell_GB_2.3.6.zip
(md5 d757a0c2c2bb830946956d2411d22ccd)

Bell_GB_2.3.4.zip
(md5 e23a8d0895a13d032a2f46227d2ad7b2)

Notes:
  • This is a stock Gobstopper like the Bell 2.2.2 one, it is rooted but not deodexed.
  • It includes my auto ram fixer, so if your recovery doesn't have the ram fix, it will halt and fix that for you, just reboot into CWM again and proceed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a CWM zip with deodexed app and framework plus some tweaks. To be applied to the stock 2.3.4/6 Bell GB above.

Bell_GB_2.3.6_deodexed.zip

[md5 b14b0a745ecba630315fdd2cdb8643ba]

Bell_GB_2.3.4_deodexed.zip
(md5 b2c72557ce80777a8f0d695f1ab2b6ed)

Features

• Deodexed app and framework (48MB free in /system)
  • multitouch tweak (up to 10)
  • screen pixel density set to 280 qHD
  • proximity delay set to 150
  • wifi channels set to 14
  • wifi.supplicant_scan_interval set to 90
  • ro.hdmi.mirror.enable set to true
  • busybox added back in (v1.18.5 with some things taken out) Implemented as a /system/busybox directory with the system path in /init.rc updated to have that included.
  • ro.secure=0 in boot.img
  • Includes mkbootimg and unpack binaries compiled for the phone for extracting the boot ramdisk and adding it back in on the fly during CWM recovery. So if you are using another kernel than stock these tweaks will still apply. Can also be used for kernel only CWM zips, leaving the ramdisk alone.
  • Talk2.apk added from Bell leak, Talk.apk renamed to Talk.apk.bak
  • framework-res.apk has lower brightness levels for auto display brightness, original available as framework-res.apk.bak
Fixes:

• data wasn't being mounted, forgot to put userdata instead of data. It is there for deleting dalvik-cache of odexed files, if factory reset, non issue.
  • PATH update was always updating (sanity check)
  • added in unlocked ap20bl to avoid having to re-unlock via sbf if flashing in one session. You will need to reinstall a CWM recovery and re-apply ramfix as well if it doesn't include it, since the stock zip resets the boot and recovery images. Ramfix is applied to stock boot but CWM is overwritten by stock recovery.
  • added in ramfix instead of using cmdline.txt, issues with too large lines in the script. Will probably modify mkbootimg to read a file instead. EDIT done.
The following has been superceded by the files above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a CWM zip for the Bell GB leak.

Requires:

Unlocked bootloader GO HERE
Unlocked CWM recovery installed (tenfar's).
Patience

Features:

• Deodexed app and framework.
  • su and shsu preinstalled, install Superuser.apk from market for root.
  • Date text colour in notification dropdown fixed.
  • Tunes and app duplication fixed.
  • No bloat removed. You decide.
  • Includes webtop, preinstall, cdrom, cdt updates and misc other partitions.
  • multitouch hack
  • Ram fixed. (autodetects mbr:1100 and mbr:d00, stock Bell 2.3.4 kernel)
  • 33MB free in system instead of 1MB.

Download and install

Thanks to eval- for the unlocked ap20 bl.
Thanks to michael0619 for the multitouch hack.

Attachments

• Ramfix.zip
    177.8 KB · Views: 2,660
Last edited:

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
during cwm update... I get a failed once reaching Updating System.... Hopefully this can be fixed.

Use tenfar's unlocked CWM recovery, not rom manager. install from internal.
Internal mem needs to be mounted, and it's called internal by tenfar, probably sdcard by rom manager.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
hi i amhaving problems with setup motoblur..crashes no keyboard ...
moto-fastboot flash boot-2.3.4-d00.img
moto-fastboot flash system system.img moto-fastboot -w
moto-fastboot reboot
am i missing something thanks

Hi,

Factory reset. Use CWM.

Cheers!

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Are there any issues or considerations when coming over from the OrangeFR rom?

I wouldn't think so, however if you got there via pudding, then you just installed boot and system, maybe webtop, Whatever else is on your phone before that is still there. Should all be fine with an unlocked bootloader.

This CWM has the unlocked ap20 bootloader. Thanks eval-! Main reason for that is flashing multiple zips while in a CWM recovery session. (Since if you can flash it then you are already running an unlocked bootloader and it would otherwise be pointless, writing the same bl over itself. Attn. AT&T folks, your unlocked bl would change if you flashed this, danger.)

For instance if you flash back to stock using my Bell 2.2.2 gobstopper, you can flash to this one right away without losing the unlocked bootloader, or tenfar's CWM recovery. Not that that is should be necessary, but it's an option.

Cheers!

devin_mm

Feb 13, 2009
I ran through CWM and everything was good, after the reboot I started getting a whole bunch of FC's so I flashed again wiping the data and cache first. After the reboot on my second flash I'm getting less FC's but upon boot I'm getting an FC on com.motorola.service.main, I'm getting no data connectivity I figured that this was due to an APN issue so when I try setting one up I get an FC with com.android.settings

Any Ideas?

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
I ran through CWM and everything was good, after the reboot I started getting a whole bunch of FC's so I flashed again wiping the data and cache first. After the reboot on my second flash I'm getting less FC's but upon boot I'm getting an FC on com.motorola.service.main, I'm getting no data connectivity I figured that this was due to an APN issue so when I try setting one up I get an FC with com.android.settings

Any Ideas?

Hi,

Just to clear house I would go back to 2.2.2 and try again. I don't get that error.

I should probably add in the rest of the misc partitions ala the 2.2.2 gobstopper. (Takes forever to upload for me, 3.5 hours) What I implemented here were the changes made by the OTA, so you might still have some random junk left from prior to Orange GB.

Cheers!

devin_mm

Feb 13, 2009
Thanks for the assistance, I'll just use your 2.2.2 package to go right back to stock and start from scratch using your 2.3.4 package.

Thanks so much for your awesome packages!

devin_mm

Feb 13, 2009
Ok I ran your 2.2.2 Gobstopper package and it worked great, had data and everything no FCs at all. Then I unlocked the bootloader, installed CWM, and then installed this 2.3.4 package now I'm stuck at the motoblur hello screen with no data and when I try and look at the APNs I get the settings FC I posted before, and when I try and skip registration I get com.motorola.setup FC. I'm just not having any luck :( maybe I should just go back to 2.2.2 and wait for an OTA.

Mossys

Apr 7, 2011
I've currently fastboot'd + erase everything that updates in this .zip.

Testing it out now, almost done installing the zip.
Will post updates.

Mossys

Apr 7, 2011
Failed again.. the first thing that boots up is.

Sorry!
The process com.motorola.service.main has stopped unexpectedly.
FC.

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems trying to duplicate now. Are you guys seeing 1100 or d00 on the screen when flashing. And is it only at motoblur setup?

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT&T is not supported at this time.
    Update:

This is a CWM zip for the official Bell GB in stock format.

Bell_GB_2.3.6.zip
    (md5 d757a0c2c2bb830946956d2411d22ccd)

Bell_GB_2.3.4.zip
    (md5 e23a8d0895a13d032a2f46227d2ad7b2)

Notes:
    • This is a stock Gobstopper like the Bell 2.2.2 one, it is rooted but not deodexed.
    • It includes my auto ram fixer, so if your recovery doesn't have the ram fix, it will halt and fix that for you, just reboot into CWM again and proceed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a CWM zip with deodexed app and framework plus some tweaks. To be applied to the stock 2.3.4/6 Bell GB above.

Bell_GB_2.3.6_deodexed.zip

[md5 b14b0a745ecba630315fdd2cdb8643ba]

Bell_GB_2.3.4_deodexed.zip
    (md5 b2c72557ce80777a8f0d695f1ab2b6ed)

Features

• Deodexed app and framework (48MB free in /system)
    • multitouch tweak (up to 10)
    • screen pixel density set to 280 qHD
    • proximity delay set to 150
    • wifi channels set to 14
    • wifi.supplicant_scan_interval set to 90
    • ro.hdmi.mirror.enable set to true
    • busybox added back in (v1.18.5 with some things taken out) Implemented as a /system/busybox directory with the system path in /init.rc updated to have that included.
    • ro.secure=0 in boot.img
    • Includes mkbootimg and unpack binaries compiled for the phone for extracting the boot ramdisk and adding it back in on the fly during CWM recovery. So if you are using another kernel than stock these tweaks will still apply. Can also be used for kernel only CWM zips, leaving the ramdisk alone.
    • Talk2.apk added from Bell leak, Talk.apk renamed to Talk.apk.bak
    • framework-res.apk has lower brightness levels for auto display brightness, original available as framework-res.apk.bak
    Fixes:

• data wasn't being mounted, forgot to put userdata instead of data. It is there for deleting dalvik-cache of odexed files, if factory reset, non issue.
    • PATH update was always updating (sanity check)
    • added in unlocked ap20bl to avoid having to re-unlock via sbf if flashing in one session. You will need to reinstall a CWM recovery and re-apply ramfix as well if it doesn't include it, since the stock zip resets the boot and recovery images. Ramfix is applied to stock boot but CWM is overwritten by stock recovery.
    • added in ramfix instead of using cmdline.txt, issues with too large lines in the script. Will probably modify mkbootimg to read a file instead. EDIT done.
    The following has been superceded by the files above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a CWM zip for the Bell GB leak.

Requires:

Unlocked bootloader GO HERE
    Unlocked CWM recovery installed (tenfar's).
    Patience

Features:

• Deodexed app and framework.
    • su and shsu preinstalled, install Superuser.apk from market for root.
    • Date text colour in notification dropdown fixed.
    • Tunes and app duplication fixed.
    • No bloat removed. You decide.
    • Includes webtop, preinstall, cdrom, cdt updates and misc other partitions.
    • multitouch hack
    • Ram fixed. (autodetects mbr:1100 and mbr:d00, stock Bell 2.3.4 kernel)
    • 33MB free in system instead of 1MB.

Download and install

Thanks to eval- for the unlocked ap20 bl.
    Thanks to michael0619 for the multitouch hack.

Uploading a 2.3.6 stock gobstopper, should be done uploading by tomorrow.

EDIT: Done

OP Updated. Will see about doing a deodexed version for 2.3.6 later on.

EDIT: Done

Added deodexed file for 2.3.6, also minor fix for 2.3.4 adding extra refs to default path for busybox, had an accented E in the tweaks.sh script.

Cheers!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
    [h=2]Software Update for Bell Motorola ATRIXTM 4G v45.21.78*[/h] [h=3]Introduction[/h] This is the v45.21.78 software update for the Bell Motorola ATRIXTM 4G. This update provides improved operational system performance, greater device security and an update on the Android Gingerbread Version to 2.3.6. All user data will be preserved through the update.
    It is recommended that you use a Wi-Fi connection to download the update. To avoid possible data charges, please remain connected in Wi-Fi until the download is complete.
    For more information on your Bell Motorola ATRIXTM 4G, visit Motorola Home - Motorola USA
    [h=3]Who Can Use This Release?[/h] ALL Bell Motorola ATRIXTM 4G users who have upgraded to v45.2.17* maintenance release.
    [h=3]Highlights[/h] After downloading and installing the software, you will notice the following improvements:
    Google Talk Video Enhancements Video conferencing capability added to Google Talk application
    Google Security Patches Google security patches for improved Bluetooth and Root Certificate security
    Overall Stability Improved stability reduces black screens and resets
    Productivity Tools Correct issue launching Citrix receiver for enterprise desktop/data access via webtop
    Battery Drain Patch Patch for degradation in battery life/charging time that occur after daylight savings time adjustment
    Call settings Include option to hide or show caller ID

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/bell-canada/7030-bell-ota-2-3-6-a.html
    I wanna try this badly, links dead... still uploading?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Hi,

What I learned yesterday, 4shared is buggy crap, but free. I had it uploaded a lot faster using my phone using a piss poor 4-shared app, used up my data for the month, then it started uploading again from scratch. So, I had to cancel that and start over again using the desktop app, left it overnight. This morning it was 100%, but didn't finalize, I killed the process in task manager, and restarted the app, Resumed the file and it completed.

Anyway, the file is there now. What a bunch of trouble for one file.

Cheers!
    I had the same thing happen to me when I restored from Titanium

It used to happen on my Galaxy all the time when I would flash a new build. I read lots of things on how to fix, but none ever seemed to work.

Not going to say this will work for you, but I find it helps.

First thing, make sure you clear your market cache, then scroll through the free apps/games and look for any you have installed that have an update, update that one app/game, reboot the phone, generally it will refresh the app list after that.
    Of course doesn't help you much if there's no updates.
    If you just wait a couple days, it usually refreshes the list on it's own.

One other thing to try when this happens is the market doctor in Titanium. It's fixed those market links for me.