GoClever Zoom.Me (A23 Allwinner) image repack

Search This thread

matisys

Dec 10, 2009
Hi Team,

Recently I was asking you for help (successfully) regardingmissing adb in my android photo-frame
(https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/goclever-zoom-me-adb-connection.4210165/)

But I still didn't manage to edit build.prop file with success... I mean - I can edit it but it reverts to previous state after reboot.

I actually want to add only one line:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

I managed to unpack img with software
(http://downloadfiles.goclever.com/Tablet/Zoom_me/ZM7WIFI_20150717.img)
And in the simplest situation I get below filelist:

aultls32.fex
aultools.fex
BasePath.txt
boot.fex
boot0_nand.fex
boot0_sdcard.fex
bootloader.fex
cardscript.fex
cardtool.fex
config.fex
diskfs.fex
dlinfo.fex
env.fex
fes1.fex
image.cfg
recovery.fex
split_xxxx.fex
sunxi_mbr.fex
system.fex
sys_config.fex
sys_partition.fex
u-boot.fex
usbtool.fex
Vboot.fex
Vbootloader.fex
Venv.fex
Vrecovery.fex
Vsystem.fex

Following a lot of guides I managed to get some additional files, and folders, among others: system.fex.iso.
But when I try to edit and save this iso I get some read/write errors related to filenames...

I can also use some switches and unpack img with below additionally:

├───boot.fex.dump
│ └───ramdisk.dump
│ ├───data
│ ├───dev
│ ├───proc
│ ├───res
│ │ └───images
│ │ └───charger
│ ├───sbin
│ ├───sys
│ └───system
├───recovery.fex.dump
│ └───ramdisk.dump
│ ├───data
│ ├───dev
│ ├───etc
│ ├───proc
│ ├───res
│ │ └───images
│ │ └───charger
│ ├───sbin
│ ├───sys
│ ├───system
│ └───tmp
└───_iso

But I don't know how it can help...

All in all I'm unable to edit it fex/img/iso file to be able to save it back...
I tried that in Windows and Ubuntu.

Can you help me anyhow?

matisys

Dec 10, 2009
That's what I also expected, but it actually doesn't work as described in many manuals... I face a lot of problems with accessing the data in img, and it actually seems like non-compatible with available tools.

What do you mean by putting it to /data/local.propp? There is no /data directory in root of extracted rom. Can you please provide more precise directions?

matisys

Dec 10, 2009
Geez... how could I miss this way...
Thanks it worked - however it behaves strange, because main app overrides the settings and once started - bar disappeared. Navigation Bar 3rd party application turned out to be a solution.

Let me ask one more question - during one of reflashes, due to problems with rom upload I selected "Format upgrade mode" instead of recommended "Normal upgrade mode".
After that I lost an unique device number (it got renewed to another one). It's not a big issue, however I wonder where should I look for to rewrite it back (I have the number written down) if possible?

EDIT:
I mean if you know what areas are formatted that I can scan for missing/changed number?

Last edited:

matisys

Dec 10, 2009
It's kind of decimal 7 digits ID used internally by ZoomMe application (default launcher).

The app you recommended recognizes different number, so it's not the one I look for.
I checked the files of this launcher, but no luck so far. Previously when I reflashed device without formatting it, this number was persistent.

matisys

Dec 10, 2009
I've found in nandk (UDISK) that the number which is currently used as new mentioned device ID is stored as IMEI (tablet does not have GSM modem): IMEI=(8 initial digits)(7 digits of Device ID).I can edit it in HxD, but I can't push it back to device, because it reports lack of free space...
Any ideas?

Maybe some other idea to change IMEI? I tried already AT command and Xposed IMEI Changer, but no real luck.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
Space
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Well, on that nandk can have some file that you can edit. What sort is it. It's just zeros in firmware file. Maybe you can just cut it after that value and push or dd it back. A dirty hack but might work. IDK.

edit:
Or is this a rights problem? If you pulled from it, it must fit into it.
Or so one could assume...

Last edited: