gogolie's WiFi Fixes - New OC1, NK1, NG6, NC5 and NC2 are available

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Hey friends,

heard a few might have some wifi issues with OC1 or want the modules for safestrap (this should fix the WiFi issues from muniz's broken 1st release OC1 and save you the trouble of downloading again) and will allow support of wifi or fix it if broken in almost any 5.0 TW ROM you use in the future.

Here is my WiFi fix for OC1 ROMs for Safestrappers / non MDKers (updates HLOS)

before you ask yes you can flash this in Flashfire. However I'd recommended waiting to use this great app until some bugs are worked out and its more stable. I'd continue to use Safestrap right now as that is what I will be using for future ROM releases.

Here is my NK1 WiFi Fix in case you're looking for it.

and the infamous NC2 WiFi Fix

NC5 WiFi Fix

NG6 WiFi Fix

Last edited:

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Gigilie-do you have a fix for MDK users of the stock modded OC1 kernel in Muniz's stock rooted OC1 thread? Can't turn on Wi-Fi when the stock kernel available in that thread is flashed.

Reactions: bucklyv

Failrunner

Aug 19, 2012
Hey friends,

heard a few might have some wifi issues with OC1 or want the modules for safestrap (this should fix the WiFi issues from muniz's broken 1st release OC1 and save you the trouble of downloading again) and will allow support of wifi or fix it if broken in almost any 5.0 TW ROM you use in the future.

before you ask yes you can flash this in Flashfire. However I'd recommended waiting to use this great app until some bugs are worked out and its more stable. I'd continue to use Safestrap right now as that is what I will be using for future ROM releases.

NC5 WiFi Fix

NG6 WiFi Fix
I was just wondering. This is if you can't turn wifi on right? Are there other issues? I can turn wifi on but it weakens after a few minutes and I have to turn it off and back on to get it working right. Will this fix that?

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I was just wondering. This is if you can't turn wifi on right? Are there other issues? I can turn wifi on but it weakens after a few minutes and I have to turn it off and back on to get it working right. Will this fix that?

it might. this flashes your modem, HLOS and modules. Normally if your WiFi isnt working and your on Safestrap its because one of these 3 has been left behind or doesnt match the other 2 anymore.

@Redflea said:
Gigilie-do you have a fix for MDK users of the stock modded OC1 kernel in Muniz's stock rooted OC1 thread? Can't turn on Wi-Fi when the stock kernel available in that thread is flashed. I dont officially however you can try grabbing the newest OC WiFi zip open it on PC and delete the nhlos .bin and you wont have any risk and it very well could fix WiFi. Let me know if it does and I'll post the MDK zip for all then :) Otherwise your probably looking at a need for a custom 5.0tw kernel with modules in the zip package.

Reactions: MReinke

rbird2

Jul 22, 2012
Is there a version that fixes a no WiFi concern with OF1?
Would like to try the gogoDeluxe v3.33 ROM but it appears Wi-Fi is not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey friends,

NC5 WiFi Fix

NG6 WiFi Fix
    Gigilie-do you have a fix for MDK users of the stock modded OC1 kernel in Muniz's stock rooted OC1 thread? Can't turn on Wi-Fi when the stock kernel available in that thread is flashed.

it might. this flashes your modem, HLOS and modules. Normally if your WiFi isnt working and your on Safestrap its because one of these 3 has been left behind or doesnt match the other 2 anymore.

@Redflea said:
    Gigilie-do you have a fix for MDK users of the stock modded OC1 kernel in Muniz's stock rooted OC1 thread? Can't turn on Wi-Fi when the stock kernel available in that thread is flashed. I dont officially however you can try grabbing the newest OC WiFi zip open it on PC and delete the nhlos .bin and you wont have any risk and it very well could fix WiFi. Let me know if it does and I'll post the MDK zip for all then :) Otherwise your probably looking at a need for a custom 5.0tw kernel with modules in the zip package.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone