• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Going back to 1.6

Search This thread

Lef.teris

Apr 14, 2009

henry2002hk

Nov 29, 2010
i have a question on flashing my X8
in the step "Before you press "OK" connect your Phone in flashmode and THEN PRESS OK!", how to enter the flashmode?

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Sony uses the same kernel and drivers for both 1.6 and 2.1 so the update actually changes only the contents of the system folders. This is why unlocked bootloader is not needed.

neptun2

Jul 25, 2009
Without cracking the bootloader we can not use our own kernel and drivers. Of course custom 2.2 rom which uses sony kernel and drivers can be made. This is just what jerpelea and zdzihu make for X10. Unfortunately obviously there is no developers with X8 at this moment to make such rom. If you take a look at the topic for the 2.2 custom rom for X10 you will see that the old sony kernel makes some problems when teamed with android 2.2 (for example app2sd is not working) so it will be best if the bootloader is cracked.

Taras_polik

Nov 29, 2010
HI guys. thanx a lot for your work.:)
my Bin4ry got stuck on -- flashing loader.sin...--
it is there for already 20 minutes
is it OK that it takes so long?

I really need to get my 1.6 back, thanks for help

pulpoff2

Nov 26, 2010
No, this means the phone was not connected or not found.
If you are using the no-gui version, than follow these steps :
start the .bat, answer all the questions, and get to the point where u see dots running (.............................................|)
At this point :
1. Take phone battery off.
2. Connect USB to computer, than to phone.
3. Press and HOLD back button
4. Insert the battery
5. Let go the back button (release)
Now you should see that phone was found and flashing process will begin.
During the flashing process you should see the battery led (orange/green) ON, if its not ON, it means phone is not in flash mode.
I hope this helps.

HI guys. thanx a lot for your work.:)
my Bin4ry got stuck on -- flashing loader.sin...--
it is there for already 20 minutes
is it OK that it takes so long?

I really need to get my 1.6 back, thanks for help

a-k-t-w

Nov 20, 2010
Without cracking the bootloader we can not use our own kernel and drivers. Of course custom 2.2 rom which uses sony kernel and drivers can be made. This is just what jerpelea and zdzihu make for X10. Unfortunately obviously there is no developers with X8 at this moment to make such rom. If you take a look at the topic for the 2.2 custom rom for X10 you will see that the old sony kernel makes some problems when teamed with android 2.2 (for example app2sd is not working) so it will be best if the bootloader is cracked.

Probably off-topic, but if sony were to realese the source code to the 2.1 rom, could someone just modifiy it to add root, then flash it onto the phone?

goeland86

Nov 25, 2009
We have the source code already, that's not the issue. The issue is that only their certified ROM files which have a digital signature issued from SE can actually be loaded onto production phones.

The bootloader won't load a file that hasn't been signed by SE's dev team.

We already have most of the source, anything except for the Market and other proprietary apps is in the open.

I'm a linux guy, so if I find the motivation over winter break (when classes are done torturing me), I might jump on the bandwagon. This is why I bought the X8 after all...

bkugla

Nov 26, 2010
How I can change the "Phone Software Version"
I want to download the 1.6 from se update but they say that software is not there. The old build.prop has been restored, but the curent rom is actualy E15i Customized GBA World.
tnx.

a-k-t-w

Nov 20, 2010
We have the source code already, that's not the issue. The issue is that only their certified ROM files which have a digital signature issued from SE can actually be loaded onto production phones.

ARGH. Why did SE do this? What could they possibly gain from locking down the phone? Why must they stop people from having control over their own phones? Goddamit sony!

Top Liked Posts