Going back to stock ROM

Search This thread

Jonny_Bandana

Aug 17, 2018
Córdoba
Hi everyone. Could someone please direct me to a guide for going back to the stock firmware? I have been looking everywhere with no luck at all.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Could someone please direct me to a guide for going back to the stock firmware? I have been looking everywhere with no luck at all.

Thanks!
This page doesn't like playing with mobile browsers, so if you've got a blank page change the browser to desktop mode.
All required downloads are in the guide.
The Mi Flash Tool will lock the bootloader, by default, after flashing. If you don't want to do this, then change the option at the bottom of the tool before flashing (step 5)
If you wish to lock the bootloader, you must make sure the ROM region matches the phone, i.e. global ROM on a global phone.

Reactions: Jonny_Bandana

Jonny_Bandana

Aug 17, 2018
Córdoba
This page doesn't like playing with mobile browsers, so if you've got a blank page change the browser to desktop mode.
The Mi Flash Tool will lock the bootloader, by default, after flashing. If you don't want to do this, then change the option at the bottom of the tool before flashing (step 5)
If you wish to lock the bootloader, you must make sure the ROM region matches the phone, i.e. global ROM on a global phone.
Thanks!

However, I'm having a lot of trouble with the tool. It will not recognize my phone. I connect it, and the computer detects the phone. Then I click on "refresh" on the tool, and automatically the USB device is disconnected from the computer and the tool will not recognize it.

I have installed the Qualcomm and ADB drivers, rebooted and nothing changes.

1647283341848.png

1647283361914.png

Then, after hitting refresh (device still connected on Fastboot):

1647283465980.png

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Sounds like a dodgy USB connection.
Try using the best USB cable you can find. If that doesn't work, try using a different computer. Fastboot and adb are very sensitive to the quality of the USB connection.
My old laptop will happily connect normally to my phone and I can transfer files with no issues, but from about a year ago I can no longer use adb and fastboot, with similar problems you are seeing. Using the same phone and cable I have no issues with my wife's laptop.

Reactions: Jonny_Bandana

Jonny_Bandana

Aug 17, 2018
Córdoba
Try using the best USB cable you can find. If that doesn't work, try using a different computer. Fastboot and adb are very sensitive to the quality of the USB connection.
My old laptop will happily connect normally to my phone and I can transfer files with no issues, but from about a year ago I can no longer use adb and fastboot, with similar problems you are seeing. Using the same phone and cable I have no issues with my wife's laptop.

That actually worked. Phone is flashed. Thanks a lot friend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!