• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Good GCAM with my settings for Poco F1

Search This thread

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
UPDATE : Parrot's 7.0.009 final goodbye version GCam with detailed settings below is still the best overall. Because onFire's Gcam (based on @cstark27 's Camera PX 4.1) is good but has some bugs : slowmotion, sabre with selfie, camera sound etc... for bugs : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog886/

Especilally shooting with flash and videos Parrot is better than onFire. onFire was better in night sight and most conditions. But things may have changed with the last iso change in the parrot settings. The parrot is very good now.

You can install and use two Gcams at the same time without any need. I think it's best to use both.

Keep in mind : after installation Clear data of the apps.

Parrot's GCam link : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261647530
Parrot's Gcam my settings is below.

onFire's Gcam link : https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Autoformat_3_7.2.014.apk
onFire's Gcam my settings is below.

I will keep updating this place when better ones come out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Parrot's Gcam :

Astrophotography, AR Playground, Slow motion and others works and also have an extra : Lens Blur.
1080p 30/60 fps and 4K 30 fps video is stable with autofocus.

My Settings (except for the changes I made below, I left the settings as they were installed.) :

on Camera main screen settings -->
select HDR+ Enhached : on
select flash auto : on
select 4:3 ratio : on (for maximum resolution)

on Settings --> Advanced -->
HDR+ control : on
store videos efficiently : off
Quality HDR+ : 25 (for balanced quality and speed maybe 15 but 25 is best for me)
use Pixel AWB Mod : Pixel 4 XL (Default)
Exposure Compensation : +0,6 (if you want a bit darken photo you set +0,4 or a bit lighter +0,8)
Binary settings libraries -- >
Use manual binary control "Libraries" : on
Sharpness : 1.375
Brightness noise suppression : 1.375
Color noise reduction : 1.375
Dehase : 1.0 (default)
Saturation : 1.375
Noise reduction with sharpness in shadows : 0.625
ISO limit : 500(ISO200)
Saturation -->
Back camera Highlight Saturation : 1.1
Back camera Shadow Saturation : 1.7
Front camera Highlight Saturation : 1.0 (Default)
Front camera Shadow Saturation : 1.6 (Default)

on Settings --> About Modification --> Advanced Settings -->
camcorder.enable_ois : unchecked (because poco f1 don't have ois)
camera.ois_api_supported --> unchecked (because poco f1 don't have ois)
camera.enable_facebeauty : checked (if you want face beauty option in selfie camera)
camera.face_boxes : checked (if you want face boxes)
ucamera.use_immersive_rounded_corners : unchecked (if you want straight corners instead of rounded edges on camera preview)

For onFire's Gcam :

My Settings (except for the changes I made below, I left the settings as they were installed.) :

on Settings -->
Photo Resolution : full resolution
Correction auto exposure : 1/2 sec. (if you want fast shooting with min. loss you set 1/15 or 1/20)
Correction NightSight : 1/2 sec. (for balanced quality and speed)

on Settings --> PX Mod Settings -->
AWB Calculation : Neutral Color Point
Disable Dynamic Black Level : on (if this is off, photo is bad)
Non-ZSL Frame Count : 30 (for speed you may set 20)
Maximum Zoom Level : 50
Super Res Zoom Always On : on
Force Sabre Merge Method : Always on (if this is Always on back camera photo is better but with selfie has crash)
Portrait Zoom : off
Disable Face Shape Correction : off
AI AWB for ZSL : on
AI AWB for HDR+ Enhanced : on
AI AWB for NightSight : on
Automatic Maximum Exposure Time : Default
Show Astro Buttons : on (if this is off, astro is off)

on Settings --> Lib Patcher -->
Enable Lib Patcher : on
Tone Curve : off
Sharpness : 1.875
Saturation : 1.0 (default)
Global Luma Denoise : 1.0 (default)
Global Chroma Denoise : 0
Wavelet Chroma Denoise Levels (Factors of Global) -->
Level 1 (Fine Details) : 0.125
Level 2 (Rough Surfaces) : 0
Level 3 (Edges) : 0.125
Level 4 (Smooth Surfaces) : 0

Last edited:
G

GuestK00460

I have shared a few different places before, but I thought it would be more appropriate to share the results of my long-term trials under a separate title.

I hope that our active developers, who I appreciate and respect, will make @sannn111ty and @Sreekantt more better on updated GCam versions. As poco users, we are waiting excitedly.
Also new Gcam versions of Parrot043, which does not work in our Poco F1, may also help us again.

I tried many gcam versions for our Poco F1. I think this is the best gcam 7 version by Parrot043 with the best photo quality for both miui 11.0.5 global stable android 9 (P) and miui 11.0.4 global stable android 10 (Q) on 22/02/2020.

Astrophotography, AR Playground, Slow motion and others works and also have an extra : Lens Blur.

store videos efficiently : on (for h.265/hevc)
Quality HDR+ : 25 (for balanced quality and speed maybe 15 but 25 is best for me)
Exposure Compensation : +0,8 (if you want a bit darken photo you set +0,6 or a bit lighter +1,0)
ISO limit : 16000(ISO6400)
Saturation -->

camcorder.enable_ois : unchecked (because poco don't have ois)
camera.enable_facebeauty : checked (if you want face beauty option in selfie camera)
ucamera.use_immersive_rounded_corners : unchecked (if you want straight corners instead of rounded edges on camera preview)

If my friends like this sharing and share their experiences with own gcam and settings under this title, we will be happy together. :angel:

First you must uninstall other gcam and Keep in mind : after installation Clear data of the app
link : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261647530
xml file?

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
I don't think any Gcam has flash in Night Sight mode, including Pixels. Google has marketed it as better night photography without flash!!

This is wrong data.
In small and too dark places (for example rooms with no light and too dark) google night sight with no flash is garbage and even the normal camera with flash is better than night sight.

And also yes, we have Gcam has flash in Night Sight mode and almost stable. for example ;
on this link : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-marlin-ku/
you can install and see : GCam_7.2.018_Nokia_8.1_008d.apk and MGC_7.2.011_BSG_Urnyx05-v1.4_010.apk

But, still as I said before I tried this and other many gcam versions for our Poco F1. I think this is the best gcam 7 version by Parrot043 with my settings for the best photo quality.

I hope, @sannn111ty and @Sreekantt will make more better on updated GCam versions soon.

Last edited:

tapioco2000

May 18, 2011
On mi8, if you set Pixel AWB Mod on Pixel 4 XL, it doesn't work. If you set Pixel AWB Mod on Pixel 3A XL you can see difference between a pic with AWB or not.

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
Firstly, I'm talking about poco f1 , sorry.

if you are talking about flash option on night sight mode, yes i tried GCam_7.2.018_Nokia_8.1_008d.apk and MGC_7.2.011_BSG_Urnyx05-v1.4_010.apk with Pixel AWB Mod on Pixel 3. On this gcams; in small and too dark places (for example rooms with no light and too dark) google night sight With Flash is best than all other gcams. Also this two gcams don't have pixel 3 xl or pixel 4 xl awb mod, sorry i think you mess.

if you are talking about parrot's 7.0.009 gcam; pixel 4 xl awb works flawlessly.
thanks.

Last edited:

tapioco2000

May 18, 2011
Firstly, I'm talking about poco f1 , sorry.

if you are talking about flash option on night sight mode, yes i tried GCam_7.2.018_Nokia_8.1_008d.apk and MGC_7.2.011_BSG_Urnyx05-v1.4_010.apk with Pixel AWB Mod on Pixel 3. On this gcams; in small and too dark places (for example rooms with no light and too dark) google night sight With Flash is best than all other gcams. Also this two gcams don't have pixel 3 xl or pixel 4 xl awb mod, sorry i think you mess.

if you are talking about parrot's 7.0.009 gcam; pixel 4 xl awb works flawlessly.
thanks.

I have 4 gcams on mi 8: parrot, marlin-ku, burial and sanity f1v9.5
I'm talking about parrot.
i use in main interface awb button to quick enable/disable awb
If i select pixel 4 xl awb is always working, not difference between 2 pics.
If i select pixel 3a xl I can see difference between a pic with AWB or not.
Now i'll try your settings

xda-dvlprs

Jan 16, 2017
Doesnt install on pixel rom for me.

You should use any app cloner aplication. Simply; if you cannot install gcam app due to the package name, install this gcam apk via the app cloner app. First select the gcam apk on your phone via the app cloner and hit clone icon. Then install the cloned gcam apk via the app cloner.
Note: If you're experiencing crash, enable the "skip native libraries" option under "Cloning options" when creating cloned gcam.

How to use app cloner : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/how-to-duplicate-clone-apps/

Please, don't remove PE rom's stock gcam otherwise MAYBE it create problem.

Last edited:

roursamajor

Feb 22, 2013
Braila
ursamajorbr.blogspot.ro
I have shared a few different places before, but I thought it would be more appropriate to share the results of my long-term trials under a separate title.

I hope that our active developers, who I appreciate and respect, will make @sannn111ty and @Sreekantt more better on updated GCam versions. As poco F1 users, we are waiting excitedly.
Also new Gcam versions of Parrot043, which does not work in our Poco F1, may also help us again.

link : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261647530

No face retouching on Parrot's. Faces look hidious. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE : Parrot's 7.0.009 final goodbye version GCam with detailed settings below is still the best overall. Because onFire's Gcam (based on @cstark27 's Camera PX 4.1) is good but has some bugs : slowmotion, sabre with selfie, camera sound etc... for bugs : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog886/

Especilally shooting with flash and videos Parrot is better than onFire. onFire was better in night sight and most conditions. But things may have changed with the last iso change in the parrot settings. The parrot is very good now.

You can install and use two Gcams at the same time without any need. I think it's best to use both.

Keep in mind : after installation Clear data of the apps.

Parrot's GCam link : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261647530
    Parrot's Gcam my settings is below.

onFire's Gcam link : https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Autoformat_3_7.2.014.apk
    onFire's Gcam my settings is below.

I will keep updating this place when better ones come out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Parrot's Gcam :

store videos efficiently : off
    Exposure Compensation : +0,6 (if you want a bit darken photo you set +0,4 or a bit lighter +0,8)
    ISO limit : 500(ISO200)
    Saturation -->

camcorder.enable_ois : unchecked (because poco f1 don't have ois)
    camera.ois_api_supported --> unchecked (because poco f1 don't have ois)

For onFire's Gcam :

on Settings -->
    Photo Resolution : full resolution
    Correction auto exposure : 1/2 sec. (if you want fast shooting with min. loss you set 1/15 or 1/20)
    Correction NightSight : 1/2 sec. (for balanced quality and speed)

on Settings --> PX Mod Settings -->
    AWB Calculation : Neutral Color Point
    Disable Dynamic Black Level : on (if this is off, photo is bad)
    Non-ZSL Frame Count : 30 (for speed you may set 20)
    Maximum Zoom Level : 50
    Super Res Zoom Always On : on
    Force Sabre Merge Method : Always on (if this is Always on back camera photo is better but with selfie has crash)
    Portrait Zoom : off
    Disable Face Shape Correction : off
    AI AWB for ZSL : on
    AI AWB for HDR+ Enhanced : on
    AI AWB for NightSight : on
    Automatic Maximum Exposure Time : Default
    Show Astro Buttons : on (if this is off, astro is off)

on Settings --> Lib Patcher -->
    Enable Lib Patcher : on
    Tone Curve : off
    Sharpness : 1.875
    Saturation : 1.0 (default)
    Global Luma Denoise : 1.0 (default)
    Global Chroma Denoise : 0
    Wavelet Chroma Denoise Levels (Factors of Global) -->
    Level 1 (Fine Details) : 0.125
    Level 2 (Rough Surfaces) : 0
    Level 3 (Edges) : 0.125
    Level 4 (Smooth Surfaces) : 0
    Thanks for this. Waiting for some legend to apply these settings, backup using titanium backup and upload it for everyone lol

Why not be that legend yourself?
    on 22-03-2020, I have tested latest parrot's gcam I have been waiting for a long time to working in pocophone f1.
    Also last fewdays I have tested latest gcam versions san1ty, onfire, the_dise, pitbull, marlin-ku, burial, urnyx05, burial and jairo_rossi too.
    Unfortunately, Still picture quality of two gcams I have shared here beat all new 7.x gcam versions :(

I think all the developers are trying to make all the functions of the new versions work devotedly. Therefore they cannot concentrate enough on the total photo quality.

Soon, I hope someone will do better newer version that works every function.
    I haven't written anything for a long time, but it's not because I haven't used Poco F1 or tried the new Gcams;
    Because still these are the best Gcams for Poco F1 with my settings :

Please do not comment without trying and comparing it with the Gcam you use.
    Thanks for this. Waiting for some legend to apply these settings, backup using titanium backup and upload it for everyone lol

adjusting the settings will take only two minutes but the results will last forever :)