• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Good grief!!!

Search This thread

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
I'm just going to link a few articles...

In other words.... The grass ain't greener on the other side. STOP THE COMPLAINING!!!

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
Latest isn't the best. Don't be a beta tester by paying $800 - $1600 for the privilege

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Any time Apple users have issues I laugh. I always view them as though they're in a league of their own, like they're "elite" and better than everyone. When half of their OS is buggy, you'll still have people defending Apple as though nothing is wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-022942.png
    Screenshot_20211207-022942.png
    529.1 KB · Views: 220

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Any time Apple users have issues I laugh. I always view them as though they're in a league of their own, like they're "elite" and better than everyone. When half of their OS is buggy, you'll still have people defending Apple as though nothing is wrong.

Nah, its not that. They simply don't have any expectations, because icrap isn't technology for productivity, its fashion accessory. So as long as it is fashionable among TWITS, then its all good.

skimminstones

Feb 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
not sure a thread on an internet forum takes the heat off a multi billion pound company

Personally ive not had one issue with the pro 6 or android 12. Considering how many have been sold and the tiny percentage pf people complaining on here, most of which is idiots throwing their toys out the pram, im not sure id agree with the "lazy/broken OS" statement either.

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
not sure a thread on an internet forum takes the heat off a multi billion pound company

Personally ive not had one issue with the pro 6 or android 12. Considering how many have been sold and the tiny percentage pf people complaining on here, most of which is idiots throwing their toys out the pram, im not sure id agree with the "lazy/broken OS" statement either.
Yeah, I suppose it's each person's perspective and how they use their device. I have used every version of Android, and this has had the most issues I have experienced. Even keeping a steady mobile connection has been a problem for my device. Problems from background apps just playing out of nowhere (YouTube), to alarm clocks not silencing without a force close. It's not been great in my opinion. I'm glad you haven't experienced any of that though.

Also, I don't believe it is fair to call those complaining idiots. Obviously there are some real problems with the software by looking at the fixes they had to issue. Truth be told, it's probably just a small percentage so far that they tackled.

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
My pet peeve is Android copying iOS and becoming more restrictive and closed in the name of security and privacy while iOS is slowly opening up to advanced users
Definitely! It seems "Material You" is really just pushing what they like on you. Aside from that, Google has done a great job at making developer's lives miserable when trying to compile from source from these newer devices. I just don't like the path they are going down to be honest. I would stick with Android 10 forever if it was possible.

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
Also, I don't believe it is fair to call those complaining idiots.
It's perfectly fair

Is this thread just to take the heat off of Google for releasing a lazy/broken OS? Either way, I can assure you from the 100+ bug fix changelog that Android 12 is in a worse situation than IOS ever has been.
Apple just released a lazy/broken OS, and it's still very incomplete compared to Android 12. I wouldn't consider it a worse situation at all.
Definitely! It seems "Material You" is really just pushing what they like on you. Aside from that, Google has done a great job at making developer's lives miserable when trying to compile from source from these newer devices. I just don't like the path they are going down to be honest. I would stick with Android 10 forever if it was possible.
Nothing is being pushed onto you at all. You seem just as misinformed as ever.

Reactions: jal3223

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
It's perfectly fair

Apple just released a lazy/broken OS, and it's still very incomplete compared to Android 12. I wouldn't consider it a worse situation at all.

Nothing is being pushed onto you at all. You seem just as misinformed as ever

It's perfectly fair

Nothing is being pushed onto you at all. You seem just as misinformed as ever.
Alright, think what you will. I'm sure Google broke some kinda record with all of the required bugfixes today though. It is being pushed on those that want the phone however, as you can't downgrade to a more stable OS.

It's interesting that some of you guys lash out when someone doesn't agree with you though. I'm stating my opinion on the OS, and FACTS regarding the buggy android 12 (proven by today's update). So instead of being intelegent and retorting with facts or even your own opinion, you guys call people "idiots" and "misinformed". It seems like this thread is going to continue to be childish, so I'm out. Enjoy the finger pointing and scapegoating with Apple. Take care man.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
I'm curious. Why is this thread here? Can we focus on the device this forum is about and not about problems other devices are having. It comes off a little petty and a lot off topic.
This thread is here because of the ridiculous complaints people keep posting countless threads on and I'm showing that Google isn't the only one that has had issues at release yet seem to be getting picked on the hardest. Not petty at all.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This thread is here because of the ridiculous complaints people keep posting countless threads on and I'm showing that Google isn't the only one that has had issues at release yet seem to be getting picked on the hardest. Not petty at all.
You posting that other phones have issues won't fix the issues people are having.

This is actually really good at pointing out how childish people are when they need to defend their favorite brand or company (that surprise doesn't give two squirts about you).

Wow devices have issues. Water is wet. If I wanted to talk about what is wrong with apple or a Sammy device I would go to a forum for that. Pretty sure the name says pixel 6 at the top of this sub. Jeez what is this reddit? Grow up.

Edit: Also did you you say "getting picked on". Seriously? Did you birth a P6P from your loins? Get over this product idolatry.

jal3223

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel XL
Samsung Galaxy S8+
In what way? I'm running aosp built from source right now. Had absolutely no difficulty building or installing it.
Maybe I should have specified kernel development relating to custom kernels for ROMs. It's discussed more here:

That's awesome that you have it compiled though. Have you noticed any improvements over stock so far?

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
You posting that other phones have issues won't fix the issues people are having.

This is actually really good at pointing out how childish people are when they need to defend their favorite brand or company (that surprise doesn't give two squirts about you).

Wow devices have issues. Water is wet. If I wanted to talk about what is wrong with apple or a Sammy device I would go to a forum for that. Pretty sure the name says pixel 6 at the top of this sub. Jeez what is this reddit? Grow up.

Edit: Also did you you say "getting picked on". Seriously? Did you birth a P6P from your loins? Get over this product idolatry.
It's childish to complain over and over about something that will inevitably be fixed. If you don't like the subject matter of this thread then hop off.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It's childish to complain over and over about something that will inevitably be fixed. If you don't like the subject matter of this thread then hop off.
Some you assume and hope will be fixed. Nevermind you're applying that flawed logic with a wide brush across anyone having a problem.

Gotta love it though. Oh you shouldnt complain about the issues you are having with the phone you spent your own money on, because there are phones that you don't even own that are having problems. Well when you put it that way it makes so much sense lol.

This is a lot of whataboutism all because people value being a fanboy over being helpful in a community meant to, well be helpful.

But don't be mad at my comments. There is probably someone somewhere else being a Debby Downer about some other beloved product. After all that's the logic here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moderator Announcement

Thread has been re-opened but as the OP clearly shows the thread is not related to the Google Pixel 6 Pro. I've moved the thread to General Topics to allow further discussions.

Talking about discussions: While we encourage vivid and intensive discussions, exchange of opinions and experiences, sharing of knowledge I'm surprised how fast slight aggressiveness finds its way into discussion. I hope we can all agree that we all have different views that all should be approached with respect. Let's discuss those views but let's keep aggressions and personal attacks out of your statements; latter really don't add any value.
    I firmly believe that besides our education the XDA Forum Rules provide a good tool for a respectful interaction:
    2. Member conduct.

Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.
    My recommendation and actual request are to check the content of a post against above before hitting the "Post reply" button. And if you post, please don't be surprised if somebody replies to your post. Having said all above, I slightly edited one post and have deleted two posts due to disrespect and personal attack.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    I don't know why, but this thread makes want to take a seat, relax, and eat some popcorn :unsure:
    Nah, its not that. They simply don't have any expectations, because icrap isn't technology for productivity, its fashion accessory. So as long as it is fashionable among TWITS, then its all good.
    Cutting edge technology will always have hiccups, bumps, and pitfalls, regardless of the manufacture. That's why it's cutting edge.

For clarification; iProducts are absolutely all about productivity, but the vast majority of users don't get them for THAT purpose.

My entire family uses Apple products SPEFICIALLY for their connectivity to their other Apple products, their productivity features, and for the ease in working across multiple Apple platforms.

The wife is an educational professional by day, and published author on the side. Both sons are professionals (one federal, and one corporate), and the daughter is an artist/musician on the side when she gets home from working full time in the pharmacy. They all depend on their multiple Apple devices to make their professional lives much easier. I'm the lone Android standout :p

Again, I agree that most Apple users, especially the teens and young adults are in it for the iFashion component of it, but for those who want to use the productivity benefits of Apple, there are plenty of them.
    I'm just going to link a few articles...

In other words.... The grass ain't greener on the other side. STOP THE COMPLAINING!!!
    Moderator Announcement

Thread preliminarily closed due to moderator's investigation and maintenance.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator