Good grief!!!

Search This thread

pcriz

Nobody asked for yours either. Where's your tinfoil hat btw?

I don't need to relish in the negatives of other platforms to enjoy mine. I already know it's good, but you got people on here acting like this is the worst phone ever. I'm simply trying to say that is not the case.
No one said it's the worst phone ever. You're being dramatic to make your point more valid.

And frankly. If they paid money for it it's well within their right to have an opinion on what they paid for, complaining about complainers is a zero sum game. No one is going to be like man bro you opened my eyes. My phone is now perfect.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
This has got to be the most pathetic thing I've seen you post. Apple Maps better than Gmaps? What drug did you inject yourself with to think that? I've had Apple maps on numerous occasions (whenever my ex gf would tether her iPhone in my car when I'm with her or any of my nieces)...instruct me to turn the WRONG WAY down a one way street. Never had that happen with GMaps or even Windows Maps back in the Windows Phone days.

It's not my problem you can't read street signs.
I did data collection for weeks on end using a proprietary Apple map based app. Thousands of locations in cities and in remote areas, some on barely passable dirt roads.
You can't even navigate a one way street it seems. Good luck.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I have to agree. I've tried Apple maps on my work phone. They're horrible. But maybe they got better. I haven't tried it in a while

I used them in 2015 but it was GPS way points.
The roads lined up pretty well, sometimes I went to satellite image. It worked well.
Any map app will glitch addresses.
I've seen horrible glitches on Gmaps more than once and Garmin for that matter.
You need to use common sense and sometimes phone someone for directions🤣

Gmaps can find any hotel but the commercial orientation of it and it's obnoxious UI is an accident (literally) waiting to happen. Garmin is better.
I used paper maps long before GPS to go thousands of miles and to locations in towns and cities🤣

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
I used them in 2015 but it was GPS way points.
The roads lined up pretty well, sometimes I went to satellite image. It worked well.
Any map app will glitch addresses.
I've seen horrible glitches on Gmaps more than once and Garmin for that matter.
You need to use common sense and sometimes phone someone for directions🤣

Gmaps can find any hotel but the commercial orientation of it and it's obnoxious UI is an accident (literally) waiting to happen. Garmin is better.
I used paper maps long before GPS to go thousands of miles and to locations in towns and cities🤣
I used paper maps for years but I love the Google maps. I'm in a busy area and the traffic deal works awesome. Hardly ever lets me down

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I used paper maps for years but I love the Google maps. I'm in a busy area and the traffic deal works awesome. Hardly ever lets me down

Paper maps give a much better overview. I miss that convenience.
I use dead reckoning when dealing with traffic congestion. Sometimes shortcuts are worse then the wait🤣
My faith in technology driven by human input is limited.
A real time satellite uplink be sweet...

Last edited:

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
It's not my problem you can't read street signs.
I did data collection for weeks on end using a proprietary Apple map based app. Thousands of locations in cities and in remote areas, some on barely passable dirt roads.
You can't even navigate a one way street it seems. Good luck.
I can read street signs. Why else do you think I was able to tell that it was telling me to turn down the wrong way of a one way street?

Here's a street view of one of the locations out told me to turn left on. You can clearly see that it's one way (right turn only).

Screenshot_20211210-061442.png

1907 169th St

Reactions: GeniusTechman20

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I can read street signs. Why else do you think I was able to tell that it was telling me to turn down the wrong way of a one way street?

Here's a street view of one of the locations out told me to turn left on. You can clearly see that it's one way (right turn only).

View attachment 5479201

1907 169th St

So? Geeez, go around the block(s).
That's a minor glitch compared to some of the major time wasting inconvenient ones I've experienced over the years.
At least it wasn't downtown Manhattan at rush hour🤣
Or a bloody trail marked as a passable road in the middle of the desert.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Moderator Announcement

Thread has been re-opened but as the OP clearly shows the thread is not related to the Google Pixel 6 Pro. I've moved the thread to General Topics to allow further discussions.

Talking about discussions: While we encourage vivid and intensive discussions, exchange of opinions and experiences, sharing of knowledge I'm surprised how fast slight aggressiveness finds its way into discussion. I hope we can all agree that we all have different views that all should be approached with respect. Let's discuss those views but let's keep aggressions and personal attacks out of your statements; latter really don't add any value.
I firmly believe that besides our education the XDA Forum Rules provide a good tool for a respectful interaction:
2. Member conduct.

Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.
My recommendation and actual request are to check the content of a post against above before hitting the "Post reply" button. And if you post, please don't be surprised if somebody replies to your post. Having said all above, I slightly edited one post and have deleted two posts due to disrespect and personal attack.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

prohibido_por_la_ley

Nov 21, 2011
Chicago
Do you actually have a mental problem?
No but you do if you're accusing Google of being spyware.
So? Geeez, go around the block(s).
That's a minor glitch compared to some of the major time wasting inconvenient ones I've experienced over the years.
At least it wasn't downtown Manhattan at rush hour🤣
Or a bloody trail marked as a passable road in the middle of the desert.
Amazing what lengths you'd go through to defend your Apple Maps. Minor or not, it shouldn't have happened to begin with. Not to mention the redirect loop it put me into when I got into the express lanes on the expressway. Google Maps doesn't do that.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
No but you do if you're accusing Google of being spyware.

Amazing what lengths you'd go through to defend your Apple Maps. Minor or not, it shouldn't have happened to begin with. Not to mention the redirect loop it put me into when I got into the express lanes on the expressway. Google Maps doesn't do that.
I'm a Android user.
Just the facts... of what I saw.

Moderator Announcement

Thread has been re-opened but as the OP clearly shows the thread is not related to the Google Pixel 6 Pro. I've moved the thread to General Topics to allow further discussions.

Talking about discussions: While we encourage vivid and intensive discussions, exchange of opinions and experiences, sharing of knowledge I'm surprised how fast slight aggressiveness finds its way into discussion. I hope we can all agree that we all have different views that all should be approached with respect. Let's discuss those views but let's keep aggressions and personal attacks out of your statements; latter really don't add any value.
I firmly believe that besides our education the XDA Forum Rules provide a good tool for a respectful interaction:

My recommendation and actual request are to check the content of a post against above before hitting the "Post reply" button. And if you post, please don't be surprised if somebody replies to your post. Having said all above, I slightly edited one post and have deleted two posts due to disrespect and personal attack.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Probably should have just declared this thread DOA🤣
It's already dead... caution Apple zombies ahead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moderator Announcement

2. Member conduct.

Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    I don't know why, but this thread makes want to take a seat, relax, and eat some popcorn :unsure:
    Nah, its not that. They simply don't have any expectations, because icrap isn't technology for productivity, its fashion accessory. So as long as it is fashionable among TWITS, then its all good.
    Cutting edge technology will always have hiccups, bumps, and pitfalls, regardless of the manufacture. That's why it's cutting edge.

For clarification; iProducts are absolutely all about productivity, but the vast majority of users don't get them for THAT purpose.

My entire family uses Apple products SPEFICIALLY for their connectivity to their other Apple products, their productivity features, and for the ease in working across multiple Apple platforms.

The wife is an educational professional by day, and published author on the side. Both sons are professionals (one federal, and one corporate), and the daughter is an artist/musician on the side when she gets home from working full time in the pharmacy. They all depend on their multiple Apple devices to make their professional lives much easier. I'm the lone Android standout :p

Again, I agree that most Apple users, especially the teens and young adults are in it for the iFashion component of it, but for those who want to use the productivity benefits of Apple, there are plenty of them.
    I'm just going to link a few articles...

In other words.... The grass ain't greener on the other side. STOP THE COMPLAINING!!!
    Moderator Announcement

Thread preliminarily closed due to moderator's investigation and maintenance.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator