• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Good Lock pushed to phone

Search This thread

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
So yesterday the Good Lock app randomly auto pushed to my phone from the Galaxy app store.

Has anyone else had this happen?

It also replaced the system ui. I was able to open the app and uninstall it, but I get a notification about twice a day saying I have an app to update. Every time the notification is for Good Lock.

Is Samsung forcing it on its users now?

Also is anyone using it ? Does it still negatively effect the battery? Does it remove the theme sort from the phone as well?

Thanks!

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Hmmm...
At first, I was angry it auto updated/Installed. It.changed everything I was used to. I HATED it!

Then I played around with it a bit, and I can now see some useful features in it. Mostly the lockscreen widgets and the Routines. I'm not a fan of the notification shortcuts though.

Im going to give it a few days to sink in. If I don't miss the old layouts, then I'll keep it.
Just REALLY wish theyd update the autocorrect though. I had to retype many words in this message!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShrekOpher

ShrekOpher

May 14, 2013
Still seems strange to just push it on users have not heard them doing that on any other devices so far. Makes me wonder if it will be the stock setup on Android 7.1 for Samsung.

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Last edited:

Nick281051

May 5, 2010
Northport, NY
I've used good lock mostly on my s6 and a bit while I used the s7edge as a loaner. I actually think I prefer the grace ux on the note to good lock these days but good lock has a lot of features and is always adding user requested features.

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I just checked out the reviews for good lock this isnt an isolated incident. People are really mad, complain their phone now has "girly colors" and threatening to go back to iOS if they don't add the ability to change colors (which you've always been able to do)

carelockh

Jan 19, 2012
Winston-Salem, NC
Yeah I tried good lock and it was okay but I couldn't stand the hideous colors in notifications, and it just seemed way too busy. I only used it because I missed KitKat style lock screen music album art, but I found out Samsung music still has an acceptable form of it and I'm satisfied with it.

nuclearrage

Dec 2, 2011
Douglas
Took me awhile to figure out how to change colors, buried in the routines menu. And because I use a them already, was even more fun trying to get them to match. I did try it for a few days, but went back to the regular lock screens. Also didn't seem to work real well with AoD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using XDA-Developers mobile app

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
been using on my 2 phones for months; i prefer the stock Android UI look as well as the ability to "keep" some of my notifications so i can follow up later. the latest version allows you to further customize the colors (not just dragging the polygons from left to right or vice-versa). takes (me a) little effort to get it like i want it, but i can then backup and restore when necessary. --- i'm a keep it simple/basic user so the less stuff, the better (for me).

also, @nuclearrage, what issues were you having with AoD? GoodLock and AoD are working fine on my devices.

Top Liked Posts