[Good News]WM5torage Version 1.8 [released & supports Kaiser]

Search This thread

taiseer999

Jan 3, 2005
http://www.modaco.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=1702

Version 1.8
- added the long-awaited option to lock/dismount card only when USB cable is actually attached (so when you will disconnect the device, it will automatically see the card again, without the need to deactivate WM5torage).
- added the troubleshooting options for different firmwares/devices (should be tweaked only if WM5torage does not work properly)
- GUI is slightly modified according to Microsoft guidelines for better support of landscape and small-screen devices

http://rapidshare.com/files/74011639/WM5torage_18.rar

Edit1:

PEOPLE, IT WORKS,

YOU GOT TO DISABLE ADVANCED NETWORK FUNCTIONALITY BEFORE ACTIVATING THE APPLICATION

pccapture6ht4.png
pccapture7wt9.png

24485598tg1.png

77460176si4.png

Last edited:

NP9660

Oct 24, 2007
Belgium
Just installed buth it never ask to uninstall the 1.75 version. After install the new version i must soft reset and i have a new icon for WM5 Storage, crazy thing is that it's also the old 1.75 version :confused:

KarmaNP

Feb 19, 2006
Maryland
Yes, CAB will ask you to uninstall previous version before installing the newer one. Can anyone confirm that it works on Kaiser?

I haven't tried the smaller cards but it is not working with the 6GB sdhc card that I use. I usually use the USB reader that I got when I bought the card for my computer to read/write the files. So, I'm not sure if the bigger cards will work with this version.

yannick69

Oct 12, 2007
Not working on my TyTN II too... Grrr I have uninstall Wm5 1.75 + card export and it didn't works!

emariu

May 20, 2007
If many people say it is not working,then why the title of the thread say Good news .....working on Kaiser??

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
If many people say it is not working,then why the title of the thread say Good news .....working on Kaiser??

Probably because like many other app's on here developed by our guys they will work on a nice clean installation. Many people have tons of other cabs installed and/or removed also and the combination of all these tweaks n' hacks cause many different problems.

People have to realise (and there should be a disclaimer on the forum somewhere) that this is a developement forum! The average sw you find on here is for enthusiastic advancement, not a fully fledged and polished piece of commercial sw that has a guarantee to work.

Expect the unexpected and help the developer, don't flame them! :)

xdaradar

Apr 22, 2006
www.mobility-unlimited.nl
Works great on TyTN with 6GB SDHC

At first it gave me a "Unknown Device" on Windows-XP

-> menu ->troubleshooting -> Disable RNDIS on Active

Problem fixed ;-)

Then it gave me CRC-errors while copying

-> menu ->troubleshooting -> Disable concurrency

Problem fixed ;-)

Now it works, not only on my desktop-pc but also on my mediaplayer (external USB drive with TV-connection).

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
Probably because like many other app's on here developed by our guys they will work on a nice clean installation. Many people have tons of other cabs installed and/or removed also and the combination of all these tweaks n' hacks cause many different problems.

People have to realise (and there should be a disclaimer on the forum somewhere) that this is a developement forum! The average sw you find on here is for enthusiastic advancement, not a fully fledged and polished piece of commercial sw that has a guarantee to work.

Expect the unexpected and help the developer, don't flame them! :)

That's not a flame and it doesn't have anything to do "helping the developer." It's a legitimate question for taiseer999, who, as far as i know, is not Igor V. Bozhko (the WM5torage developer).

So far, no one in this thread has reported it working on a Kaiser (xdaradar is using a Hermes apparently), and yet taiseer999 is claiming Good News...supports Kaiser? I just tried for the past half hour with every combination of WM5torage settings, including the ones xdaradar lists, can't get it to work.

Where's the basis for your claim, taiseer999? Did you get it to work on your Kaiser? What Kaiser ROM? Dutty's TouchFlo like your sig states? What desktop OS? What settings in WM5torage?

rob.ocelot

Apr 12, 2007
Where's the basis for your claim, taiseer999? Did you get it to work on your Kaiser? What Kaiser ROM? Dutty's TouchFlo like your sig states? What desktop OS? What settings in WM5torage?

What's likely happened is that the developer tested the program on a stock Tytn II ROM and it worked and taiseer999 was just passing on the message. No need to shoot the messenger.

Now as for why it's not working on the latest cooked Kaiser ROM's I think Farsquidge is correct in thinking it's some tweak interfering with the WM6 mass storage driver. In fact, some research into this might shed some light on why WMStorage 1.75 and 1.78 weren't working with the Kaiser, even in the stock ROMs. The previous solution was a kludge using a component of a commercial program -- which is hardly ideal from both a technical and a legal standpoint.

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
Look at post prior to yours....

It was a generic comment, not to any individual. It is better to report the problem, with constructive reports, not 'It dont work".

Take xdaradar's post as the spirit.

Sorry if you are offended.:eek:

Yes, I read the prior post. His subject is "Works great on TyTN with 6GB SDHC" and his signature says "Happy user of Shamanix`s Grass v1.1 - Based on Schaps 4.00 ROM with Radio 1.54.07.00 on my HTC tytn". TyTN = Hermes. That's why I specifically said "no one in this thread has reported it working on a Kaiser".

If you want a more constructive report, I installed WM5torage on Helmi's 0.7.0 Dynamic. No previous version installed. I plug in my Kaiser, activate WM5torage, Windows XP device manager sees my phone as a WM5torage device, but XP's Disk Management can't see it and thus it never gets assigned a drive letter. Furthermore, as I stated, I also tried all the troubleshooting options, concurrency disabled, RDNIS disabled, both disabled, and both enabled. I unchecked removable and repeated the troubleshooting settings. I tried read-only and repeated. As I said, I tried every possible combination for half an hour, and "It dont work". I didn't know I had to repeat all the mundane details when it's the exact same problem as the previous versions.

Next time don't go throwing around the F word (flame) ;) and ranting about development and commercial software when all emariu wanted was confirmation of whether or not taiseer999's claim is true. Frankly, that's all I wanted, too.

What's likely happened is that the developer tested the program on a stock Tytn II ROM and it worked and taiseer999 was just passing on the message. No need to shoot the messenger.

I was at MoDaCo before I posted and didn't see anything specifically stating that it works on the Kaiser. For taiseer999 to make such a bold claim that many Kaiser owners are anxiously waiting to hear, he better have something to back it up.

So taiseer999...can you elaborate? Are you just a messenger or are you actually getting it to work? If so, I'll ask again...What's your setup? What ROM? What Windows OS? What WM5torage settings?

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
Ahhh...I see the settings in your first post. Still doesn't work for me. And yes, I already have "Advanced Network Functionality" off.

Anybody besides taiseer999 get it to work?

taiseer999

Jan 3, 2005
Yes, I read the prior post. His subject is "Works great on TyTN with 6GB SDHC" and his signature says "Happy user of Shamanix`s Grass v1.1 - Based on Schaps 4.00 ROM with Radio 1.54.07.00 on my HTC tytn". TyTN = Hermes. That's why I specifically said "no one in this thread has reported it working on a Kaiser".

If you want a more constructive report, I installed WM5torage on Helmi's 0.7.0 Dynamic. No previous version installed. I plug in my Kaiser, activate WM5torage, Windows XP device manager sees my phone as a WM5torage device, but XP's Disk Management can't see it and thus it never gets assigned a drive letter. Furthermore, as I stated, I also tried all the troubleshooting options, concurrency disabled, RDNIS disabled, both disabled, and both enabled. I unchecked removable and repeated the troubleshooting settings. I tried read-only and repeated. As I said, I tried every possible combination for half an hour, and "It dont work". I didn't know I had to repeat all the mundane details when it's the exact same problem as the previous versions.

Next time don't go throwing around the F word (flame) ;) and ranting about development and commercial software when all emariu wanted was confirmation of whether or not taiseer999's claim is true. Frankly, that's all I wanted, too.

I was at MoDaCo before I posted and didn't see anything specifically stating that it works on the Kaiser. For taiseer999 to make such a bold claim that many Kaiser owners are anxiously waiting to hear, he better have something to back it up.

So taiseer999...can you elaborate? Are you just a messenger or are you actually getting it to work? If so, I'll ask again...What's your setup? What ROM? What Windows OS? What WM5torage settings?

I did not " make such a bold claim that many Kaiser owners" before checking it out myself pal, and I have been switching between Dutty's and Schap's and it works on both.