Question Good or bad?

Search This thread

MSuomi

Aug 2, 2017
Well, been wanting to get a bigger screen AMOLED phone, to replace my View20.
I tend to keep my phones a long time, and I'm not so much a gamer. On a phone, that is :)

Red Magic 6 (non pro-version) to my eyes seems to be about the best "Bang For Buck" phone, with top of the line CPU & GPU. And a big AMOLED screen... I'd pretty much would put €600 to be the limit for price.

Support and bugs seem to be kinda the point, which still keeps me thinking. I was going to get Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. As it's €279 now here for a limited time... Then again, it has a smaller display and much weaker CPU/GPU... On that front, it's even slower than my View20...

Decisions, decisions...

What do the people here think about this dilemma?

MSuomi

Aug 2, 2017
the screen brightness only 630nits, it is not enough for using outdoor

and the ROM have many bug
Well, my View20 has: "The panel maxed out at 479 nits regardless of whether auto-brightness is enabled or not".
So it's quite much brighter than that, and it hasn't been a problem for me, even with View20.

Bugs are the things, that I'm more concerned with. Also, at the price, are there better phones. With big AMOLED displays?

Well, my View20 has: "The panel maxed out at 479 nits regardless of whether auto-brightness is enabled or not".
So it's quite much brighter than that, and it hasn't been a problem for me, even with View20.

Bugs are the things, that I'm more concerned with. Also, at the price, are there better phones. With big AMOLED displays?
To give you an idea of how buggy it is, I bricked mine doing a manual update with the software the OEM provided because the phone wouldn't pick up the update on its own.
Also, you can't change the home launcher without root and notifications are unreliable on the lock screen

KalterBlut

Aug 8, 2014
Also, you can't change the home launcher without root and notifications are unreliable on the lock screen
I just received mine and that is false. You might not be able to use gestures, but you can change the launcher. You need to change it in the default apps. It doesn't work the normal way when opening a new launcher, but there is a way still without root.

imNazreen

Aug 7, 2019
Nubia Red Magic 6
I just use it for a month and I didn't face any issue with the latest update. It was pushed automatically via OTA. Previously, i also tried the software update version on their official website by downloading the correct version based on my region. Everything was successfully fine and it is working like the first day i was unboxing the phone.

Reactions: patteck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the screen brightness only 630nits, it is not enough for using outdoor

and the ROM have many bug
    I just use it for a month and I didn't face any issue with the latest update. It was pushed automatically via OTA. Previously, i also tried the software update version on their official website by downloading the correct version based on my region. Everything was successfully fine and it is working like the first day i was unboxing the phone.