Good source for US 3T (A3000) without markup?

Search This thread

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Hi folks,

I had just about finalized a decision to buy the US 3T (A3000) but then realized it wasn't available for sale from OP anymore. Looks like the usual outlets such as Amazon are selling them at a marked up price ($493 at the moment) or a bit cheaper but with no warranty (forget that).

IS there a place to get it without markup?

Or is it generally better to wait for support for the 5? Rooting / being able to mod is important to me.

Marc

Azaruddin

Apr 26, 2014
Chennai
Hi folks,

I had just about finalized a decision to buy the US 3T (A3000) but then realized it wasn't available for sale from OP anymore. Looks like the usual outlets such as Amazon are selling them at a marked up price ($493 at the moment) or a bit cheaper but with no warranty (forget that).

Or is it generally better to wait for support for the 5? Rooting / being able to mod is important to me.

Marc

I Suggest u to get Oneplus 5 with the warranty . TWRP for OP5 was released, u can use magisk to root the OP5 . OP5 has also got some custom ROM also. Initial u can use OOS its very awesome ROM, if want u can flash the custom ROM later. :good:

press the thanks button if i helped u.

Reactions: Frankenscript

PacoL250

Mar 21, 2010
To add my two cents, I was in the same boat as you were. I went with the OP3T (128 GB) as I got a used (but in mint condition) one for around $390 on eBay.

Sure, I could have spent around $150 more, but my budget was a hard $400 and I just came under it and I'm happy with it. Both phones are great (at least, I assume that on the OP5 based on most reviews), and the OP3T is still quite relevant.

I like to tinker for sure, but I also need a daily driver with a little power and this is it. It's got the same CPU as my wife's Pixel XL, and her phone is fantastic. If I can get similar performance for around $250 less (hers was also used hence the smaller gap), I'm game. Maybe when OnePlus adds water and dust resistant certification, then perhaps I'll go brand new (OP7 someday?). Until then, I've realized my wallet and mind are happier with saving some money and getting damn good performance.

So check eBay for sure...you'll find a bunch of auctions for the phone. eBay Buy-It-Now listings might still be over $450 for the 128 GB though. Swappa has some as well, but the 128 GB goes over $400 there. Unless I missed it, you looking for 128 GB or 64 GB?

Last edited:

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
64 GB would be plenty. I don't carry much music around. Might go with 128GB for resale value. The 5 looks nice but I am quite concerned by the reports by some of jello effect scrolling. Seems to be controversial. Never held one in my hand so can't comment whether it would be an issue for me.

Will research while on vacation the next week or so... That delay may push me to the 5 by default as 3T gets scarcer.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

pk-air

Jan 22, 2012
Denver, CO
64 GB would be plenty. I don't carry much music around. Might go with 128GB for resale value. The 5 looks nice but I am quite concerned by the reports by some of jello effect scrolling. Seems to be controversial. Never held one in my hand so can't comment whether it would be an issue for me.

Will research while on vacation the next week or so... That delay may push me to the 5 by default as 3T gets scarcer.

I would say dont take reviews to consideration too much as they review the phone from top to bottom with standard user dont do. Jelly effect hardly visible but lets say you will not like your OP5 because of that you can always return it within return policy. Technically you are losing nothing. If I didn't buy OP3T few month ago I would get OP5 with no questions asked. Your choice of course. Also if you dont want to spend a lot of money and 64gig is enough look into Honor 8 or LG G6 it is 500$ on US T-Mobile

emarq286

Oct 21, 2016
Used is just as good these days...

Hi folks,

Marc

Try swappa.com, new and used phones for good pricing... In my opinion, better way to buy a new/used phone than ebay.
****, I bought my Midnight Blk 3t on there for just around $400... and of course youll still get warranty since theyre not even 1 yr old.

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Thanks guys!
@emarq286, thanks for the swappa recommendation. I've bought and sold a number of phones there. A mint 3T from a rated seller goes in the low $400s, with uncertainty about warranty since I wouldn't have the original receipt. I've had mixed experiences in the past claiming warranty repairs in situations like this. I would have paid the $439 to OP, but not sure I want to pay that much for even one described as mint. I'd rather just get a 5, for a little bit more (except some jelly-related hesitation.... I probably wouldn't notice/care about the visual artifact but have some concern that the resale value of the phone down the road if this is an unfixable thing that bugs a fair number of people.

One other thing: my current phone is a G3, with a QHD display... do you think I'll dislike the somewhat lower res full HD display?

emarq286

Oct 21, 2016
Thanks guys!
@emarq286, thanks for the swappa recommendation. I've bought and sold a number of phones there. A mint 3T from a rated seller goes in the low $400s, with uncertainty about warranty since I wouldn't have the original receipt. I've had mixed experiences in the past claiming warranty repairs in situations like this. I would have paid the $439 to OP, but not sure I want to pay that much for even one described as mint. I'd rather just get a 5, for a little bit more (except some jelly-related hesitation.... I probably wouldn't notice/care about the visual artifact but have some concern that the resale value of the phone down the road if this is an unfixable thing that bugs a fair number of people.

One other thing: my current phone is a G3, with a QHD display... do you think I'll dislike the somewhat lower res full HD display?

I've had several QHD phones (GS7, HTC10, still own G6), and the 1080p AMOLED of 3t/5 is still AWESOME!
In my honest opinion, only reason you should "need" QHD is for VR... AMOLED makes up for the competitive advantage that most LCD-QHD displays hold over it.
Just my take.

PacoL250

Mar 21, 2010
Having had the Moto X Pure and it's display spoiled me a tad, but the silicon (Snapdragon 808 I think) wasn't the greatest (too much lag and both my wife and I had the issue...myself much more than her), so I went back to the OPO. I noticed a difference the first few days, but after that not so much. OP3T is better obviously, and with the OP5 as well, you might see a difference compared to QHD, but it's not that big of a deal.

As for that jelly scroll...personally I've seen it and I don't like it at all. That and the cost is what sealed the deal for in getting the OP3T. Of course, you could have a different experience.

I honestly have not worried about warranty coverage on any phone as I've never ever needed it...though YMMV obviously.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

Marc

I Suggest u to get Oneplus 5 with the warranty . TWRP for OP5 was released, u can use magisk to root the OP5 . OP5 has also got some custom ROM also. Initial u can use OOS its very awesome ROM, if want u can flash the custom ROM later. :good:

press the thanks button if i helped u.
    To add my two cents, I was in the same boat as you were. I went with the OP3T (128 GB) as I got a used (but in mint condition) one for around $390 on eBay.

Sure, I could have spent around $150 more, but my budget was a hard $400 and I just came under it and I'm happy with it. Both phones are great (at least, I assume that on the OP5 based on most reviews), and the OP3T is still quite relevant.

I like to tinker for sure, but I also need a daily driver with a little power and this is it. It's got the same CPU as my wife's Pixel XL, and her phone is fantastic. If I can get similar performance for around $250 less (hers was also used hence the smaller gap), I'm game. Maybe when OnePlus adds water and dust resistant certification, then perhaps I'll go brand new (OP7 someday?). Until then, I've realized my wallet and mind are happier with saving some money and getting damn good performance.

So check eBay for sure...you'll find a bunch of auctions for the phone. eBay Buy-It-Now listings might still be over $450 for the 128 GB though. Swappa has some as well, but the 128 GB goes over $400 there. Unless I missed it, you looking for 128 GB or 64 GB?

I would say dont take reviews to consideration too much as they review the phone from top to bottom with standard user dont do. Jelly effect hardly visible but lets say you will not like your OP5 because of that you can always return it within return policy. Technically you are losing nothing. If I didn't buy OP3T few month ago I would get OP5 with no questions asked. Your choice of course. Also if you dont want to spend a lot of money and 64gig is enough look into Honor 8 or LG G6 it is 500$ on US T-Mobile
    Used is just as good these days...

Hi folks,

Marc

Try swappa.com, new and used phones for good pricing... In my opinion, better way to buy a new/used phone than ebay.
    ****, I bought my Midnight Blk 3t on there for just around $400... and of course youll still get warranty since theyre not even 1 yr old.
    Thanks guys!

I've had several QHD phones (GS7, HTC10, still own G6), and the 1080p AMOLED of 3t/5 is still AWESOME!
    In my honest opinion, only reason you should "need" QHD is for VR... AMOLED makes up for the competitive advantage that most LCD-QHD displays hold over it.
    Just my take.