• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Good working Doze App? (WITHOUT ROOT)

Search This thread

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Galaxy max Hz now has doze built in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-151940_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-151940_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Berserker900

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Turn off all power management and find the trouble causing apps.
Doze apps will just cause trouble.
Android will run fine by its self; using any power management will cause erratic behavior and... excessive battery usage.

More than likely it's Goggle Play Services or one of it's dependencies like Transport that's sucking a lot of the battery.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Turn off all power management and find the trouble causing apps.
Doze apps will just cause trouble.
Android will run fine by its self; using any power management will cause erratic behavior and... excessive battery usage.

More than likely it's Goggle Play Services or one of it's dependencies like Transport that's sucking a lot of the battery.
Google play isnt using much on my phone. The standby time is okay but for 5000mah it should be better compared to my 7t Mclaren

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Google play isnt using much on my phone. The standby time is okay but for 5000mah it should be better compared to my 7t Mclaren
Hard to say which apks are to blame but this is a prime offender. 3rd party apps including Samsung's bloatware can do it.
Trash apps like FB, WhatsApp etc.
Power management can also do it by creating conflicts and endless polling.
Power drain should be well under 1%@hr with always on AOD off.

You need to track down the offenders. It will be much harder to do on 10 and above then on Pie because of stupid Google app security protocols.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Hard to say which apks are to blame but this is a prime offender. 3rd party apps including Samsung's bloatware can do it.
Trash apps like FB, WhatsApp etc.
Power management can also do it by creating conflicts and endless polling.
Power drain should be well under 1%@hr with always on AOD off.

You need to track down the offenders. It will be much harder to do on 10 and above then on Pie because of stupid Google app security protocols.
All of the trash is deleted via adb... Have an huge list... Using WhatsApp but no crap like tictoc, Facebook and that...
Yes its a shame that we cant completely disable background tracking for apps. Like an ultra battery saver but without the honescreen and with WhatsApp (that only works when in foreground)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
All of the trash is deleted via adb... Have an huge list... Using WhatsApp but no crap like tictoc, Facebook and that...
Yes its a shame that we cant completely disable background tracking for apps. Like an ultra battery saver but without the honescreen and with WhatsApp (that only works when in foreground)
Try disabling Google Play Services in apps and see if that helps.
Karma Firewall works very well and almost zero battery. Unfortunately it's logging feature doesn't work* in Q and above.
Thank big sister Google for that junk.

*I'm running Pie so it works

Reactions: Goku1992

Top Liked Posts