Goodbye Ads - Advanced Protection from Ads (Ad Blocking Hosts)

Search This thread

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
k5kuhMB.jpg

Goodbye Ads - World of Ads Free Internet
Advanced Protection for Apps & Websites from Ads

The Best Apps & Website Ad Protection!

Hosts : 1,96,000+ | Size : 4mb

For more details about GoodbyeAds packs and Extensions visit oru github page.

Special Note for Users

We block graph.facebook.com. The reason is that this domain serves many of the ads. So, in order to use Facebook, you should consider to whitelist either facebook's main app, or whitelist graph.facebook.com in your ad blocker otherwise the Facebook app will not work (there are no problems with facebook lite app and other facebook client apps). If you are using Facebook lite messenger, then whitelist the app or whitelist mqtt-mini.facebook.com. Otherwise messenger will not work. We always recommend our users to use Open Source Facebook Clients for 100% ad free experience. If you are facing any problems feel free to contact us through XDA or Telegram.

What is a host file?

A hosts file, named hosts, is a plain-text file used by all operating systems to map hostnames to IP addresses. Host file preferred over DNS so if a domain name is resolved by the hosts file, the request never leaves your computer.

Features

small in size: The complete host list size is less then 2mb.
designed for mobile phones: Goodbye ads is specially designed for blocking ads in apps and mobile websites.
hosts based: based on `Hosts` file, all the bad stuffs blocked with `0.0.0.0`
any device: compatible with all devices, regardless of OS.
blockings: strictly blocks `advertisements, malwares, spams, statistics & trackers` on both web browsing and applications.
speed you need: reduces page loading time upto `half` of its actual time!
privacy: with all these annoyances blocking, it also `increases` privacy.
saves expense: greatly decreases data consumption `saving` expense.
clean: no `extra` bull****!

Supported Ad blockers

Windows:
Windows users can use this host file with Hostman, a software to manage host file.

Android: For non-rooted devices, this host can be used with DNS66 or Blokada free and open-source ad-blocker.

For rooted device, this host file can be used with Adaway, a free and open-source ad-blocker for Android.

Linux: An open-source host file manager called hBlock.

Mac OS: This host file can be used with gasmask

How to Use

Blokada

Open Blokada > go to Blacklist > Enable GoodbyeAds from the list.
Then press the Shield icon to activate.

DNS66

Open DNS66 > swipe to Hosts > Click + button and then copy paste the below url.
Then press the refresh icon on the top and press the start button.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt

Adaway

Open Adaway > go to Host Source > Click + button and then copy paste the below url.
Then Click enable ad blocking from the home menu.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt

Merged Source

Adaway, AnudeepND adservers, YHosts, Cameleon hosts, Bjornstar hosts, Badd-boyz-hosts, GoodbyeAds, Go hosts, Jiffxtremeblock, Userreports, Ador Energized, Adguard Ads & Spyware (Mobile-Host), Easylist Adservers, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy Ultimate, Easylist Adwarefilter, Laur-hosts, add.207Net, add.Dead,add.Risk, add.Spam, Notrack trackers, LightSwitch05, MobileAdTrackers, Minimalhosts, Snuff hosts, Squidblacklist, MVPS.ORG, Steven Black Hosts, Phishing hosts, Someonewhocares, Streaming Ads, ssl.bblck.me, Unix-hosts, UncheckyAds, Wally3k, Hosts-file.net ad_servers, PGL YoYo.org, Hostsfile.org badhosts, Hosts.herndl.org, Youslist, Zeus Tracker, Zerodot1, URLVIR and Malwaredomainlist.

Disclaimer

Goodbye Ads Hosts are basically `hosts` files to block access to domains. If you don't know how it works, then please try this at your own risk. I won't be responsible for any damage or loss. Never forget to make backups.

NOTE : For Adblock Filters, YouTube Adblock, Xiaomi, LeEco and Samsung Adblock please visit our Github Page

Source: https://github.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds

Telegram: https://t.me/GoodbyeAds

Host File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt

Created On : 09-08-2018
Updated On : 25-06-2023

Show your love by Donating PayPal

Last edited:

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
? NEW UPDATE ?

Date : 04-09-18

? We have changed our category type to 'Half Host-Half Domain' . Previous type was 'Host'.
? Added more sources
? Improved blacklist
? Added more hosts
? Removed most of the duplicate entires/dead entries
? Increased blocking coverage
? Improved website protection
? Merged latest entries from all sources
? Added user reported blacklist
? Removed unwanted blacklist entries .

melphoi

Jul 31, 2012
Batam
Hello
I want to try your host
I had few hosts and just added yours, but I realize that your host were listed as "Not Available"
Will it still works or maybe I missed something here

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 6, 2018
sp.auth.adobe.com

sp.auth.adobe.com blocks android users from signing into app Channels i.e. History, ESPN, Starz (spectrum login). Its annoying having to put it into whitelist across several devices.

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
New Update

Date : 17-09-18

◆ Added more ad hosts
◆ Whitlisted user requested host .

√Say Goodbye to Ads.

Reactions: smohanv

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
@jerryn70
Nice work mate. @MrT69 is working on a very huge project.
And he is one of very rare polite, helpful and responsive hard working developers.
I dont know him personally, but I'm following his project since the first post of his thread.
I assume you heared about his keweonDNS project.
If you dont, take a look, and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.
All the best bros.

Reactions: AntonVermeulen

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
@jerryn70
Nice work mate. @MrT69 is working on a very huge project.
And he is one of very rare polite, helpful and responsive hard working developers.
I dont know him personally, but I'm following his project since the first post of his thread.
I assume you heared about his keweonDNS project.
If you dont, take a look, and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.
All the best bros.
We know each other :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5kuhMB.jpg

Goodbye Ads - World of Ads Free Internet
    Advanced Protection for Apps & Websites from Ads

The Best Apps & Website Ad Protection!

Hosts : 1,96,000+ | Size : 4mb

For more details about GoodbyeAds packs and Extensions visit oru github page.

Special Note for Users

We block graph.facebook.com. The reason is that this domain serves many of the ads. So, in order to use Facebook, you should consider to whitelist either facebook's main app, or whitelist graph.facebook.com in your ad blocker otherwise the Facebook app will not work (there are no problems with facebook lite app and other facebook client apps). If you are using Facebook lite messenger, then whitelist the app or whitelist mqtt-mini.facebook.com. Otherwise messenger will not work. We always recommend our users to use Open Source Facebook Clients for 100% ad free experience. If you are facing any problems feel free to contact us through XDA or Telegram.

What is a host file?

A hosts file, named hosts, is a plain-text file used by all operating systems to map hostnames to IP addresses. Host file preferred over DNS so if a domain name is resolved by the hosts file, the request never leaves your computer.

Features

small in size: The complete host list size is less then 2mb.
    designed for mobile phones: Goodbye ads is specially designed for blocking ads in apps and mobile websites.
    hosts based: based on `Hosts` file, all the bad stuffs blocked with `0.0.0.0`
    any device: compatible with all devices, regardless of OS.
    blockings: strictly blocks `advertisements, malwares, spams, statistics & trackers` on both web browsing and applications.
    speed you need: reduces page loading time upto `half` of its actual time!
    privacy: with all these annoyances blocking, it also `increases` privacy.
    saves expense: greatly decreases data consumption `saving` expense.
    clean: no `extra` bull****!

Supported Ad blockers

Windows:
    Windows users can use this host file with Hostman, a software to manage host file.

Android: For non-rooted devices, this host can be used with DNS66 or Blokada free and open-source ad-blocker.

For rooted device, this host file can be used with Adaway, a free and open-source ad-blocker for Android.

Linux: An open-source host file manager called hBlock.

Mac OS: This host file can be used with gasmask

How to Use

Blokada

Open Blokada > go to Blacklist > Enable GoodbyeAds from the list.
    Then press the Shield icon to activate.

DNS66

Open DNS66 > swipe to Hosts > Click + button and then copy paste the below url.
    Then press the refresh icon on the top and press the start button.

Adaway

Open Adaway > go to Host Source > Click + button and then copy paste the below url.
    Then Click enable ad blocking from the home menu.

Merged Source

Adaway, AnudeepND adservers, YHosts, Cameleon hosts, Bjornstar hosts, Badd-boyz-hosts, GoodbyeAds, Go hosts, Jiffxtremeblock, Userreports, Ador Energized, Adguard Ads & Spyware (Mobile-Host), Easylist Adservers, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy Ultimate, Easylist Adwarefilter, Laur-hosts, add.207Net, add.Dead,add.Risk, add.Spam, Notrack trackers, LightSwitch05, MobileAdTrackers, Minimalhosts, Snuff hosts, Squidblacklist, MVPS.ORG, Steven Black Hosts, Phishing hosts, Someonewhocares, Streaming Ads, ssl.bblck.me, Unix-hosts, UncheckyAds, Wally3k, Hosts-file.net ad_servers, PGL YoYo.org, Hostsfile.org badhosts, Hosts.herndl.org, Youslist, Zeus Tracker, Zerodot1, URLVIR and Malwaredomainlist.

Disclaimer

Goodbye Ads Hosts are basically `hosts` files to block access to domains. If you don't know how it works, then please try this at your own risk. I won't be responsible for any damage or loss. Never forget to make backups.

NOTE : For Adblock Filters, YouTube Adblock, Xiaomi, LeEco and Samsung Adblock please visit our Github Page

Source: https://github.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds

Telegram: https://t.me/GoodbyeAds

Host File: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jerryn70/GoodbyeAds/master/Hosts/GoodbyeAds.txt

Created On : 09-08-2018
    Updated On : 25-06-2023

Show your love by Donating PayPal

? LATEST UPDATE 03/12/2019
    New GoodbyeAds Update is available to download.

● Filter Updated
    ● Removed Dead entries
    ● Mirror Updated
    ● Whitelisted and Blacklisted User Requested Ones.
    ● Merged Latest Active Sources.
    ● Added more blacklist domains
    ● Xiaomi Hosts Updated.

√Say Goodbye to Ads
    GoodbyeAds™

? LATEST UPDATE 16/04/2020

CHANGES

● GoodbyeAds updated.
    ● Filters Updated
    ● Removed Dead entries
    ● Mirror Updated

✔️Say Goodbye to Ads.
    ? LATEST UPDATE 27/10/2019

● Filter Updated
    ● Removed Dead entries
    ● Mirror Updated

√Say Goodbye to Ads
    ? LATEST UPDATE 08/09/2019

● Filter Updated
    ● Removed Dead entries
    ● Mirror Updated

√Say Goodbye to Ads