• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Goodbye dear friends & followers

Search This thread

Lion3494

Feb 16, 2011
Come on mate we're getting gingerbread. Don't leave us with an uncracked boot loader

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

kylec

Aug 5, 2010
Brisbane
thank you for everything Bin4ry, you have been an amazing resource and it has been a privilege to learn about android from you. best of luck with your new phone and im sure you will be as valuable to that forum as you were here

MrHassell

Dec 10, 2010
Melbourne
innertech.com.au
nooooooo

Bin4ry I said something similar recently ;) Why leave now making progress on boot.img..?
:eek:
Eternally grateful for Goroh, Zdzihu, MaylandCookie, Jerpelea and your insights and kernel work.. is it something I said or..?

EDIT: Desire HD is a nice phone but presents no challenge for us ;)

Last edited:

se_dude

Jun 4, 2010
If you have to leave, please get the Arc. A lot of us here would be upgrading to the Arc and would value your insights there. Please get the ARC. You cant mod the DHD to last more than half a day. :(

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
Good luck Bin4ry, all I know is you'll probably have much more freedom on the Desire HD than on our X10's. I'm considering getting an HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T's version of the Desire HD) so I might see you later on in the future. All I know is my next phone is definitely not going to be one by Sony Ericsson, just way too many shortfalls and restrictions.

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
Bye Bin4ry, thanks and you will be missed greatly.

Also, it seems that everyone believes there is an alterior motive behind every move a dev makes. I don't agree with that, but I think I will respectfully ask a couple parting questions anyway..... Does this have anything to do with the progress on the bypass, or lack there of, or SE's decision to update officially? Seeing as you were the pioneer, can you tell us your final assessment of where we are and what to expect?

Again, best wishes and thanks for allowing us all to share your work in improving the X10 user experience.

Last edited:

Jepz20

Aug 16, 2010
Hi to all,
Binary said he has to leave because he couldn't afford 2 phones,
He the reason custom kernel development is being done,
There are several bounties for cracking the bootloader
Why not we all just donate him enough so he won't need to leave us.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey out there,
    just want to tell you that i will sell my X10 now and won't work on it anymore.
    I thought it's fair to say goodbye to X10 Forums, since i spent so much time here in the last year :)
    I will miss some aspects of this X10-Forums on XDA and want to say thanks to all new friends and good developers here! (Won't list any here, i think the people meant will know that i meant them :) )

Because i just can afford 1 phone at a time i have to sell my X10 to get a new one. My actual plan is to get a DHD (or similar) and switch to Pyramid when it's released in Germany. (If anyone wants my device give me a PM :p *joking* )

I hope that i will meet some of you again here on Forums!

So now it's offical and final!

GOODBYE !

Best Regards
    Bin4ry
    thanks Bin4ry for all the work u put in... ur efforts have taken the dumb stock SE x10 to an actual smart phone which we can can tinker with...

best of luck hacking ur new device ;)

btw u will still be on XDA right?

keep in touch
    Feel free to contact me if there are any questions. I'd really like to see you over there. :)

I will :)

Any chance you'll still be helping the dev team with anything that doesn't need an actual X10 in your pocket?

Sure! :) I'm not the person who just vanishes :D

btw u will still be on XDA right?

Of course, i'm checking XDA serveral times the day, even if i'm not posting everytime i log in :)

Thanks Bin4ry for all you have done for X10 community. I remember the day you guys did root this phone and made us happy and that will stay with us. Will see you again later somewhere else. Good LUCK.

Thanks man! I remeber you from first root here too :D Was a happy time :)

I moved onto the DHD earlier last year and guess what...
    I missed my x10 so much that i got another one :) and got rid of the DHD, so im back here again lol...
    I wish you all the best pal and hope that you achieve the best possible in your studies!!!
    And dont forget to pop around time to time and you never know the BL may get broken one day and we could use your brains...

Thanks again and auf wiedersehen Andreas :)

Thanks, like i said, i will not vanish :) I'm actually thinking to get a IS instead of a HD, because HD is already hacked :p

Are you sure Sony Ericcson haven't paid you off with a 7 figure salery and made you promice to never touch an x10 again and never to crack our boot loader :p *joking*

LoL :D

SE- "what will it take for you to leave the bootloader secure"
    Bin4ry- "give them GB and fatten my bank account up"
    SE- "done"

SE- "GINGERBREAD FOR EVERYBODY"

*jokes*

That one is good ;) But no :)

great lose man you are probably most famous here, what bout this we donate you the amount that you can get by selling your x10 XD

T don't want to owe somebody something, sure i could continue playing with my X10, but this won't be an promise that this device will get finally hacked to the last bit :p

Bin4ry I said something similar recently ;) Why leave now making progress on boot.img..?
    :eek:
    Eternally grateful for Goroh, Zdzihu, MaylandCookie, Jerpelea and your insights and kernel work.. is it something I said or..?

EDIT: Desire HD is a nice phone but presents no challenge for us ;)

Well this time is more a development from the last weeks. I was thinking about getting a new phone for a longer time now, and it's just a decision i made from the heart. The X10 gets boring to me, so i want to play with something new. But all progress is shared, so anyone can continue.

If you have to leave, please get the Arc. A lot of us here would be upgrading to the Arc and would value your insights there. Please get the ARC. You cant mod the DHD to last more than half a day. :(

No sorry, no more SE phone for now. Want to see something new :p

Also from me: Thanks Bin4ry for everything!

BTW: Would it change your mind if we all donate, so that you could afford two phones? :)

See a few answers above, but thanks anyway :)

Bye Bin4ry, thanks and you will be missed greatly.

Also, it seems that everyone believes there is an alterior motive behind every move a dev makes. I don't agree with that, but I think I will respectfully ask a couple parting questions anyway..... Does this have anything to do with the progress on the bypass, or lack there of, or SE's decision to update officially? Seeing as you were the pioneer, can you tell us your final assessment of where we are and what to expect?

No! There is no connection between! Jerpelea knew for a few week that i will leave the next time, same for Androxyde, he knew it too.
    You see i gave him the X10Flash Project, this was the first step ;)
    So i just thought it is the time now for me to play with something new :D

Hi to all,
    Binary said he has to leave because he couldn't afford 2 phones,
    He the reason custom kernel development is being done,
    There are several bounties for cracking the bootloader
    Why not we all just donate him enough so he won't need to leave us.

Thanks for you too, read a few answers upside :)

That are my words.
    Let's all donate so that Bin4ry can afford 2 phones! :)

Same here :)

Bin4ry, if you have to get a new phone, why not go for the Optimus? No bootloader cracking that needs to be done there as it's unlocked already ^^

Would be no challenge then :p

Thank you man but sad that youre going to sell your x10. Can we donate so you can keep your x10 too and make more progress on the bootloader.

Puh, so much donation offers :) Please think about twice. I really don't know if this would be a good idea.

Can't everyone put a collective donation to purchase the phone and let bin4ry keep it? Just a thought

See above :p

@All:

Best Regards
    Andreas
    It will be sad to see you go Bin4ry but wish you well in your new ventures, with all your hard work and dedication you have left us with a sony x10 we can be proud to own, you leave at a time when our x10 has been truly set free, you must feel so proud along with all the other Dev's that you finally cracked it, i am sure you know by now how proud we are off you and how much you will be missed, what ever you decide to do thankyou from the bottom of our hearts bro for everything.:D:D:D