• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Goodbye Huawei? What is your next phone?

SHOULD HUAWEI ALLOW THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED

• YES

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • NO

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
I hope people respond to this and I hope it sends a message.

Firstly, I have simply loved so much about this phone. Camera, battery, screen etc! However, most importantly, the Huawei sanctions and walled garden that I, and others, have truly hated means that I will likely never recommend or use another Huawei after this ...

UNLESS THERE IS A CHANGE!

Please help send a message and reply to this message. Especially to my AL00 CN version brethren and sisters, but also the Western version users.

At any rate, my hope is that you can help and, together, we can make a statement... and that someone from Huawei reads this and S-T-O-P-S the bullshit.

Of course, I could be a massive minority (would not surprise me). But I simply just wish for this company to allow users like myself the freedom to use their devices as we want.

Having said that, though, there will likely be other options on the horizon soon that spark our interest ----- and maybe that might just be the fun of it all.

Is it goodbye, Huawei? Please help Huawei listen and keep this thread going.

Last edited:

yetiweston

Mar 5, 2010
Prescot
I'm currently sniffing round the Note 10/10+, I've had a good 10/11 months with this phone but will be looking for something new in the next few days

baskinrobbin

Nov 3, 2018
it'll be an iphone, want a phone that'll keep being updated for the next 4 years and a somewhat decent screen size

thiagoserrao

Jan 21, 2013
Manaus
it'll be an iphone, want a phone that'll keep being updated for the next 4 years and a somewhat decent screen size

Decent screen with iphone? :confused:

apple slow your phone to make you buy another one, not so great, update = slowdown ur smart...

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I'm currently sniffing round the Note 10/10+, I've had a good 10/11 months with this phone but will be looking for something new in the next few days

The note 10+ is a a bit close to the price i'm selling my mate 20X, if i sell in this month, i'll maybe.. just maybe, buy Note 10+ or i'll wait for the Mi fold *this smart will be so ****ing beatifull*

Reactions: perrotote

yetiweston

Mar 5, 2010
Prescot
I've just bought the note, picking up from local store shortly.

I'm going to put my 20X on ebay and see how it does

joebongo

Jun 8, 2005
What effect does the walled garden have ? I've just ordered the CN version!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Abdul Oxford

Aug 13, 2016
Oxford
Never again. No more Huawei for me. I also got AL00 CN version. Love and hate this thing at the same time. Managed to root it before they stopped that, but when I pay so much for a phone I want to be able to do what I want with it. I have RR on mine. Honestly, never again.

Reactions: Kurocham

thiagoserrao

Jan 21, 2013
Manaus
I just sold mine, i'm buying oneplus 7 pro, or i'll wait for the 7T pro, i don't know what to buy it. I know that oneplus 7T will be lauching in 16 days i guess. But i don't have that time to buy it at china. Better buy for now the 7 Pro

Reactions: Abdul Oxford

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
The Mate 20 series is quite capable but the fact you can't use a different launcher (on Chinese version which I own) among other things has me looking elsewhere. Interested in Samsung's folding phone. It apparently has been released in Korea and will soon be released in US...

Last edited:

Kurocham

May 23, 2014
i hace AL00 and I hope to find a phone with a 7-inch screen is the only thing I will miss my 20x mate. But I will never use Huawei again because I can't customize many things from the launcher and besides I need the code to do the unlock bootloader. I left the iPhone because it was very limited and Huawei is the Apple of Android. I guess I will buy a Xiaomi or maybe an Asplus or Nokia oneplus those are my options Samsung seems very expensive to me every time and I don't see much innovation.

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
my next phone will be Surface Duo... for sure! :D

Interests me too.

But it is a long way away.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/google...first-company-hire-these-people/#36b9738f5c72

I really wish Huawei would listen to this message.

My guess is that once they open their boot loader, it becomes obvious that they have some intellectual property issues .

Good for the consumer in the long run.

Knock knock, Huawei.

Who's there?

Huawei!

Huawei who?

Reactions: Abdul Oxford

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem with the S20 Ultra is that it is more narrow than the current S10 5G with a 6.7" screen (76mm vs 77.1mm). Phones are getting taller and narrower these days.

I just got an S10 5G and it is pretty awesome. The screen is curved but it seems to be not as curved as the Note 10 (I could be wrong on that but it seems that way to me and I had a Note 10 Plus for a day last week (returned due to damage)). The S10 5G is still quite a bit smaller than the Mate 20 X but overall it seems to be a great phone.

I've been using the S10 5G for a few days and it has been great.....

Until I took the Mate 20 X out of the drawer and powered it up. I switched back to the 20 X. :cool:
    Or maybe Samsung once they have successfully integrated AMD GPU on their upcoming flagships.

Things that matter to me are large screen, large battery, true stereo speakers, and exceptional performance. So it could be the next Kirin 1000 based mate xx or any other brands that provide those features.
    100% same as u.
    In. My world a Big phone with 19:9 is minimum 7 inch. But I prefer 16:6 6,8 inch
    I don't care of brand at all.

My priority is:
    1. Big display
    2. Big battery
    The rest is not that important for me nowadays, most phones in 2019- have okay specs.

But if I can get my 2 top priorities in a phone/phones, i buy this with best specs.

Last year I had Samsung Note 9, all to tiny for me.
    Then MI Max 3, then Honor 8x max, then Honor note 10 and since December 2018 my dear beloved Mate 20X.
    Every time I bought a phone a new was released short after... First time ever I remember that many Big phones the same year [emoji3]
    And now in 2019 Nothing, not even 1 Big phone is released... Hmmmmmmm.
    Dad is mad.

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

You're a great Dane Right? How's Peter Schmeichel these days?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    LOL I'm Danish yes and you?
    Peter is on pension now, but his son Kasper Schmeichel is a goalkeeper to and plays in the Leicester City F.C. in premier league [emoji1308]

Arrr ur from UK I see. [emoji1308]
    Can't u stop this Brexit cra., we getting so tired of hearing of this every day now [emoji1787]

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk
    Hello Huawei, just bought another mate 20x.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    I've tried most every flagship and some midrange phones currently available (this includes OP 7, OP 7T, OP 7 PRO, Note 10+, Galaxy A70, Nubia RM 3, Nubia RM 3s, LG V40, Vivo Nex S, Mate 10 (non-pro), Mate 20 (non-pro), Pixel 3 XL, and others). I keep coming back to the Mate 20 X. I still have the 7T, LG V40, and Nubia 3S sitting in a drawer (I really should post them for sale). The Mate 20 X is simply one of the best phones ever created in my opinion. I do wish it was very slightly smaller but all the other phones are too small. I'm on my second 20 X after selling the first one (mistake). The battery life on this thing is just crazy good. Performance is just a tiny bit slower than the latest from OnePlus. I use an alternate launcher and have it loaded with all the Google apps (Phone, Contacts, Clock, Calendar) so I never really see EMUI except in settings. It's awesome!

With all that said, I'm still waiting for a phone that is truly comparable. The only one left I'm curious about trying is the ASUS ROG Phone 2 but I haven't convinced myself to spend the $900 for it yet.
    my next phone will be Surface Duo... for sure! :D