• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Goodbye Huawei? What is your next phone?

SHOULD HUAWEI ALLOW THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED

• YES

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • NO

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
The link below spells an ETA for the x30 max. Unfortunately according to an insider it will possess a 20:9 aspect ratio, as long suspected. Honor is a weird company.

Ironically, samsung's next s22 ultra that will debut next year is expected to feature a bit of a wider aspect ratio of 19.5:9 from the conventional 19:9 which might offer some respite. But it won't still be 19:9 or less unfortunately. I seriously dont understand the stupid logic behind these phone companies.

Honor x30 Max

Last edited:

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
I bought my no 2 brand new mate 20x some month ago on Aliexpress (8gb 256gb China version with global rom and it works 100% as my old global version mobile) ®️😀 besides my S21 ultra and mi 11 ultra, I sold s21 ultra some weeks after and I'm close to sell mi 11 ultra to 🤣
Love the big screen on mate 20x and it's still kicking asshh

@BigDisplay
Have you found any issues using such an old phone? Bluetooth 5 etc? Any issues day to day?
I have friends that have one phone for years that work fine...I'm just in the habit of at least two a year. I really enjoyed using my 20x s so the idea of buying a brand new one today is intriguing .

Last edited:
@BigDisplay
Have you found any issues using such an old phone? Bluetooth 4 etc? Any issues day to day?
I have friends that have one phone for years that work fine...I'm just in the habit of at least two a year. I really enjoyed using my 20x s so the idea of buying a brand new one today is intriguing .
Hey

Not at all, it's not long time I got a security update to... Normally I never have a phone more then 12-20 month, but this phone is for me unique and still kick a s h.
Besides my Mate 20X I have mi 11 ultra to, but I use the the Mate more vs the MI 11 Ultra.
Soon we will get emui 12 to, so the phone is still not buried.

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
Hey

Not at all, it's not long time I got a security update to... Normally I never have a phone more then 12-20 month, but this phone is for me unique and still kick a s h.
Besides my Mate 20X I have mi 11 ultra to, but I use the the Mate more vs the MI 11 Ultra.
Soon we will get emui 12 to, so the phone is still not buried.
Thanks!
I'm enjoying using my Poco F3, great phone for the money. But still definitely miss that big screen and the big keyboard for fast typing.
I found some suppliers of brand new mate 20x in the UK. Not cheap but in line with the AliExpress price after import taxes. I would definitely like the silver purple 8gb version with the global ROM, but that is AliExpress only.

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
Wow.. about $675. Still too much.

I'm thinking about selling my 20x and getting the note 20 ultra.
Samsung make lovely devices, that's for sure. I had a Galaxy Note 10+ but sold it due to weak battery life. From what I read the Note 20 ultra is equal or worse than the 10+ in that regard. Doesn't matter if you are mostly close to a plug socket of course. And maybe I had a poor example.

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
Samsung make lovely devices, that's for sure. I had a Galaxy Note 10+ but sold it due to weak battery life. From what I read the Note 20 ultra is equal or worse than the 10+ in that regard. Doesn't matter if you are mostly close to a plug socket of course. And maybe I had a poor example.

Not true. The note 20 ultra has better battery than the note 10+ when you disable the 120 mhz refresh rate.

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
Just fired up my brand new Mate 20x and am very happy. It took a few hours to do all the updates from 9 to 11...but so lovely to have the big screen again. And the sound quality is definitely better than the Poco F3. Am now going to order a fancy leather blue shell case from France to complete the perfect package.

Just fired up my brand new Mate 20x and am very happy. It took a few hours to do all the updates from 9 to 11...but so lovely to have the big screen again. And the sound quality is definitely better than the Poco F3. Am now going to order a fancy leather blue shell case from France to complete the perfect package.
Hehehe con grats 😀

Where you end up buying it then?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem with the S20 Ultra is that it is more narrow than the current S10 5G with a 6.7" screen (76mm vs 77.1mm). Phones are getting taller and narrower these days.

I just got an S10 5G and it is pretty awesome. The screen is curved but it seems to be not as curved as the Note 10 (I could be wrong on that but it seems that way to me and I had a Note 10 Plus for a day last week (returned due to damage)). The S10 5G is still quite a bit smaller than the Mate 20 X but overall it seems to be a great phone.

I've been using the S10 5G for a few days and it has been great.....

Until I took the Mate 20 X out of the drawer and powered it up. I switched back to the 20 X. :cool:
    Or maybe Samsung once they have successfully integrated AMD GPU on their upcoming flagships.

Things that matter to me are large screen, large battery, true stereo speakers, and exceptional performance. So it could be the next Kirin 1000 based mate xx or any other brands that provide those features.
    100% same as u.
    In. My world a Big phone with 19:9 is minimum 7 inch. But I prefer 16:6 6,8 inch
    I don't care of brand at all.

My priority is:
    1. Big display
    2. Big battery
    The rest is not that important for me nowadays, most phones in 2019- have okay specs.

But if I can get my 2 top priorities in a phone/phones, i buy this with best specs.

Last year I had Samsung Note 9, all to tiny for me.
    Then MI Max 3, then Honor 8x max, then Honor note 10 and since December 2018 my dear beloved Mate 20X.
    Every time I bought a phone a new was released short after... First time ever I remember that many Big phones the same year [emoji3]
    And now in 2019 Nothing, not even 1 Big phone is released... Hmmmmmmm.
    Dad is mad.

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

You're a great Dane Right? How's Peter Schmeichel these days?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    LOL I'm Danish yes and you?
    Peter is on pension now, but his son Kasper Schmeichel is a goalkeeper to and plays in the Leicester City F.C. in premier league [emoji1308]

Arrr ur from UK I see. [emoji1308]
    Can't u stop this Brexit cra., we getting so tired of hearing of this every day now [emoji1787]

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk
    Hello Huawei, just bought another mate 20x.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    I've tried most every flagship and some midrange phones currently available (this includes OP 7, OP 7T, OP 7 PRO, Note 10+, Galaxy A70, Nubia RM 3, Nubia RM 3s, LG V40, Vivo Nex S, Mate 10 (non-pro), Mate 20 (non-pro), Pixel 3 XL, and others). I keep coming back to the Mate 20 X. I still have the 7T, LG V40, and Nubia 3S sitting in a drawer (I really should post them for sale). The Mate 20 X is simply one of the best phones ever created in my opinion. I do wish it was very slightly smaller but all the other phones are too small. I'm on my second 20 X after selling the first one (mistake). The battery life on this thing is just crazy good. Performance is just a tiny bit slower than the latest from OnePlus. I use an alternate launcher and have it loaded with all the Google apps (Phone, Contacts, Clock, Calendar) so I never really see EMUI except in settings. It's awesome!

With all that said, I'm still waiting for a phone that is truly comparable. The only one left I'm curious about trying is the ASUS ROG Phone 2 but I haven't convinced myself to spend the $900 for it yet.
    my next phone will be Surface Duo... for sure! :D