Goodbye Huawei? What is your next phone?

SHOULD HUAWEI ALLOW THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED

• YES

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • NO

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
Well mine was brand new, I'm guessing you're wasn't and it was 16 months ago when it was worth more. It was £800 or something like that when new in October 2018.
Mine was opened but seller didn't use it I bought it on fb marketplace for £325 so like brand new and got warranty till summer or something like that

@home

Feb 16, 2009
How do you find where the remaining warranty is, I know it's in 'benefits, but where is that?

I bought the Mate XS way back in April but still trying to get GMS to play smoothly before I transit over fully. To me, the screen estate is a major point for me so I almost always go for the largest screen possible and so far besides the Mate XS, there is nothing that comes close, not even the Samsung Fold 2 which gives a small screen when folded.

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
I just tried a Galaxy Note 10 plus for a week and was pretty disappointed. Really missed the bigger screen. Battery life was a lot less and the speakers are tinny in comparison. I know it's old but am going back to the Mate 20 X for the rest of this year. Most enjoyable phone I've had for a long time.

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
I just tried a Galaxy Note 10 plus for a week and was pretty disappointed. Really missed the bigger screen. Battery life was a lot less and the speakers are tinny in comparison. I know it's old but am going back to the Mate 20 X for the rest of this year. Most enjoyable phone I've had for a long time.
There is no better phone than mate 20 X stop messin around..

Deanro

Account currently disabled
Feb 24, 2020
Hi bigdisplay. You had to ask so here it is:
  1. The recent app switcher isnt accurate. When you pick one app it chooses another.
  2. Theres flickering which I've tested on 2 mate 20x's
  3. Auto brightness isnt saved after reboots.
  4. System notifs cant be dismissed or easily turned off in which case you need an app for that. And unfortunately despite the app those notifs still return after reboots which again you must use the app for them yet again.
  5. Network time notifs keep haunting which cant be turned off.
  6. My music player (PlayerPro) cant use its own lockscreen for unknown reasons.
  7. Battery isnt that efficient.
It bewilders the living excrement out of me how huawei which is supposed to be this big, serious phone maker hasnt addressed these ongoing issues users have complained about for YEARSSSSS. If you think about it its disgusting.

It should behoove anyone with a half a brain to complain about these immature issues to huawei which other o/s's would be too embarrassed to possess.

Last edited:

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
I look every now and again for something from a good manufacturer with a screen bigger than 6.9"...nothing has interested me enough to change. I'm really hoping Xiaomi launch a 7.0" phone or bigger. I've owned several of their devices and they worked well. The 20x plays the games I like well enough and everything else is solid and reliable (standard OS, not rooted) so no incentive to change for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
Maybe am interested to try the 5G 20x...so I keep the bigger screen. Does anyone know if the 5g version will get more updates than the 4g version, or is it treated the same?

barry_

Feb 2, 2011
St Asaph
Maybe am interested to try the 5G 20x...so I keep the bigger screen. Does anyone know if the 5g version will get more updates than the 4g version, or is it treated the same?
This is the only thing I could find about the 5G version.
It's dated but does put the 5G phone in a separate section (probably not for so long, though?)

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
This is the only thing I could find about the 5G version.
It's dated but does put the 5G phone in a separate section (probably not for so long, though?)
Yup, I agree. Also the 5g has worse battery life and lower grade speakers than the 4g. Which I remember is partly why I didn't buy that model originally.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Trying out a Xiaomi Mi 11 now...6.81"
Everything seems tiny after the 20x 😆
The worst part is that the Mate 20x never felt big to me coming from an Xperia Z3 tablet compact and Mediapax X2 as my previous phones and looking at the market, everything is freaking KitKat shaped midget phones :/
Guess my only option is a fold 2...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem with the S20 Ultra is that it is more narrow than the current S10 5G with a 6.7" screen (76mm vs 77.1mm). Phones are getting taller and narrower these days.

I just got an S10 5G and it is pretty awesome. The screen is curved but it seems to be not as curved as the Note 10 (I could be wrong on that but it seems that way to me and I had a Note 10 Plus for a day last week (returned due to damage)). The S10 5G is still quite a bit smaller than the Mate 20 X but overall it seems to be a great phone.

I've been using the S10 5G for a few days and it has been great.....

Until I took the Mate 20 X out of the drawer and powered it up. I switched back to the 20 X. :cool:
    😆 can you imagine the amount of Mate 20x that flood the market if we really had the chance to upgrade to a 2022 7.2" phone
    Or maybe Samsung once they have successfully integrated AMD GPU on their upcoming flagships.

Things that matter to me are large screen, large battery, true stereo speakers, and exceptional performance. So it could be the next Kirin 1000 based mate xx or any other brands that provide those features.
    100% same as u.
    In. My world a Big phone with 19:9 is minimum 7 inch. But I prefer 16:6 6,8 inch
    I don't care of brand at all.

My priority is:
    1. Big display
    2. Big battery
    The rest is not that important for me nowadays, most phones in 2019- have okay specs.

But if I can get my 2 top priorities in a phone/phones, i buy this with best specs.

Last year I had Samsung Note 9, all to tiny for me.
    Then MI Max 3, then Honor 8x max, then Honor note 10 and since December 2018 my dear beloved Mate 20X.
    Every time I bought a phone a new was released short after... First time ever I remember that many Big phones the same year [emoji3]
    And now in 2019 Nothing, not even 1 Big phone is released... Hmmmmmmm.
    Dad is mad.

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

You're a great Dane Right? How's Peter Schmeichel these days?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    LOL I'm Danish yes and you?
    Peter is on pension now, but his son Kasper Schmeichel is a goalkeeper to and plays in the Leicester City F.C. in premier league [emoji1308]

Arrr ur from UK I see. [emoji1308]
    Can't u stop this Brexit cra., we getting so tired of hearing of this every day now [emoji1787]

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk
    Yep, true, but it's the best that we had since 3 years...
    Still no reason to stop using Mate 20 X, which simply works and does all what's needed.
    I don't see any reason WHY would I go for something else.
    Just because it's almost 4 years old model? So what?! I'm not a damn kid. that doesn't "make me feel so horribly out comparing to my classmates", or something...
    my next phone will be Surface Duo... for sure! :D