• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Goodbye my X10 friends!

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
hello everyone...

hope u all are doing great!

as most of u must have realized, recently i am not very active in the X10 device sub-forums... i love this community as X10 was my first true smartphone and this device community has been amazing in all aspects! its like a family... we all have gone thru a LOT, the exciting times of bootloader bypass kernels, GB on X10, hacked bootloader, etc :) all the drama with delayed updates, Mr Trip, Mr Anderson :p and the sheer disappointments thanks to SE :mad:... it was a GREAT time for me, as i made many new friends and learnt a lot about android... when i got my X10 i had no clue about android :p but i learnt stuff thanks to the wonderful ppl of our X10 community...

anyways, i have finally decided to stop my development work on Xperia X10... if anyone is interested in carrying on with my projects feel free to contact me via P.M.... most of the sources i have used (kernel, recovery) are posted at my github account: https://github.com/DooMLoRD

dont worry i am not leaving XDA anytime soon (atleast not in the next 4-5 months)... i am/was actively involved in development for Xperia ARC, PLAY and contribute to development in lots of other device sub-forums... BTW i plan to buy the Sony Xperia S or ION and HTC Zeta or Edge... so if any of u are getting those device then u can find me there soon (once i get those devices) ;)

so this is a goodbye to all my X10 friends, i hope to see u guys around XDA/other places...

here is wishing all of u guys best of luck for u future, may u all have a wonderful and happy life!!!

warm regards,

Rahul (a.k.a. DooMLoRD)

Last edited:

maddes1402

May 11, 2011
Thank you so much Rahul for everything you have done. You have mentioned it yet what a "special" device the X10 is. So your relentless input and selfless work was so much more important than on other devices imo. You were really sent from heaven, man ;)
But awesome that you mentioned the Xperia S and HTC Ville because when nothing spectacular will happen at MWC one of it will be my new device, too. :D
Glad to know that there will be at least one kickass dev :p
I hope you forgive me this offtopic question. But since you have learned so much about developing for Sony devices do you think the Snapdragon S3 in the Xperia S will be future proof? Or do you think that the HTC Ville with its S4 chip will be much better not just in battery consumption but in power as well?
Thanks for everything,
Matt :)

Reactions: Prodigy

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Thank you so much Rahul for everything you have done. You have mentioned it yet what a "special" device the X10 is. So your relentless input and selfless work was so much more important than on other devices imo. You were really sent from heaven, man ;)
But awesome that you mentioned the Xperia S and HTC Ville because when nothing spectacular will happen at MWC one of it will be my new device, too. :D
I hope you forgive me this offtopic question. But since you have learned so much about developing for Sony devices do you think the Snapdragon S3 in the Xperia S will be future proof? Or do you think that the HTC Ville with its S4 chip will be much better not just in battery consumption but in power as well?
Thanks for everything,

Snapdragon S4 will be the best solution between the two, but the actual devices may be released/will reach market in second half of the year (june-july 2012) may be even later... thats why i will be buying both the Xperia S & HTC Ville... Xperia S to keep me busy till the S4 chips are released :p

Reactions: maddes1402

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Well bro i was half expecting this as i had not seen you around for a while.;)

You know you are a very special friend and i am just happy you are getting the xperia s as i will be joining you and hopefully i can get the forum to moderate so it will be like the good old days.:)

Our X10 forum will always be indebted to you for all your hard work and dedication, thanks bro, it was a great journey.:D

XPERIA S HERE WE COME :D:D

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Goodbye Doom,

It would be sad to bid you farewell here since your kernels are absolutely the best ones I have ever used!!

By the way would you get the Nypon (LT22i) as well? Any insight into the st-ericsson novathor chipset?

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
Thank you sir for all ur awesomeness
Hopefully we will be in same forum again in future
Best of luck
Missing ur kernels:(

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Goodbye Doom,

It would be sad to bid you farewell here since your kernels are absolutely the best ones I have ever used!!

By the way would you get the Nypon (LT22i) as well? Any insight into the st-ericsson novathor chipset?

Nypon is from what I have heard targeted at mid-high end segment...

Novathor will be an interesting platform, but I personally prefer Qualcomm Snapdragon platform, raw powerful CPU core... NovaThor has a good selection of gpu core, though not sure how powerfully r the CPU cores... I am more interested in what the A9600 chips have to offer (next gen novathor)...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App

Reactions: aR_ChRiS

desspil

Apr 13, 2011
in apple cider country
Another excellent developer who goes ..... :(

The X10 is dying, it's horrible!

Thank you for all you did for us all, you have greatly contributed to ensuring that our phone becomes a real rocket !

See you soon, perhaps in another section ;)

X10eyeguy

Sep 30, 2011
My X10 rocks because of your kernels and all the expertise you have shared with this community. Peace to you and blessings on your work. Thank you!

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
My x10 was my first smart phone and i found it great whitout knowing what was custom roms / kernels thanks to you my phone is rocking better then ever ! And always have been using your kernel it is simply the best ;)
Best of luck whit future development and hopefully until the end of march the xperia s shows up in Canada whit Rogers so i couls be joining the fun aswell !

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
There are only a handful of x10 owners that EVERYONE respected/admired and simply sincerely liked, and you Rahul, are one of those handful.
You will definitely be missed by all.
All the best for the future, and i'm sure most of us will bump into each other over the next year or two on these forums. It's a small world ;)

Take care mate,
Luke

Last edited:

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
hello everyone...

as most of u must have realized, recently i am not very active in the X10 device sub-forums... i love this community as X10 was my first true smartphone and this device community has been amazing in all aspects! its like a family... we all have gone thru a LOT, the exciting times of bootloader bypass kernels, GB on X10, hacked bootloader, etc :) all the drama with delayed updates, Mr Trip, Mr Anderson :p and the sheer disappointments thanks to SE :mad:... it was a GREAT time for me, as i made many new friends and learnt a lot about android... when i got my X10 i had no clue about android :p but i learnt stuff thanks to the wonderful ppl of our X10 community...

anyways, i have finally decided to stop my development work on Xperia X10... if anyone is interested in carrying on with my projects feel free to contact me via P.M.... most of the sources i have used (kernel, recovery) are posted at my github account: https://github.com/DooMLoRD

dont worry i am not leaving XDA anytime soon (atleast not in the next 4-5 months)... i am/was actively involved in development for Xperia ARC, PLAY and contribute to development in lots of other device sub-forums... BTW i plan to buy the Sony Xperia S or ION and HTC Zeta or Edge... so if any of u are getting those device then u can find me there soon (once i get those devices) ;)

so this is a goodbye to all my X10 friends, i hope to see u guys around XDA/other places...

here is wishing all of u guys best of luck for u future, may u all have a wonderful and happy life!!!

warm regards,

Rahul (a.k.a. DooMLoRD)

Doom you are and always will be welcome.

3dawg

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks for all of your hard work, it's very much appreciated. You contributed to making my phone feel like a smartphone and not a piece of **** slow as crap 10 year old phone.

QUick Q: Will you still support the Xperia Play? I'm using your amazing Kernels on it and I would hate to see support for the Play get even worse :(

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Thanks for all of your hard work, it's very much appreciated. You contributed to making my phone feel like a smartphone and not a piece of **** slow as crap 10 year old phone.

QUick Q: Will you still support the Xperia Play? I'm using your amazing Kernels on it and I would hate to see support for the Play get even worse :(

yes ARC & PLAY will still be fully supported... i am not currently stopping ARC & PLAY development...

rapatu2010

Aug 12, 2010
Stages of grief:DooMLoRD Bye to X10 friends

SHOCK!: No it can't be happening. I don't believe it!
ANGER!: You can't be doing this to us. "You too Brutus?"
ACCEPTANCE: The X10 has to go someday; with the brilliant and great developers associated with it on its XDA forum.
RESOLUTION: I finally got me an Samsung Galaxy SII and impatiently waiting for an "ice cream" treat.

DooMLoRD thanks for EVERYTHING that contributed to make the X10 still a great torchbearer for android phones. SE (now SONY) will be foolish not to invite your expertise.

I see you are never going to change your forum name but to me you will remain HoPELoRD:D

totalundone

Jan 21, 2009
I've been a little inactive lately, but that's because my HTC Sensation has been taking up my time :)

Thanks for all your hard work DooMLoRD. Just to reiterate what LJE said, you are one of the people here that everyone sincerely liked and respected. Good luck with your next project.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello everyone...

warm regards,

Rahul (a.k.a. DooMLoRD)
    Well bro i was half expecting this as i had not seen you around for a while.;)

You know you are a very special friend and i am just happy you are getting the xperia s as i will be joining you and hopefully i can get the forum to moderate so it will be like the good old days.:)

Our X10 forum will always be indebted to you for all your hard work and dedication, thanks bro, it was a great journey.:D

XPERIA S HERE WE COME :D:D
    Thank you for all your hard work and dedication!
    Sad to see you go but your work will not be forgotten!

Don't forget that you can always hang out with us in the general chat section :)

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...
    Thanks for all your work and dedication doom, made my x10 awesome, though I never got that bootloader unlocked, still got the power of the doomkernel, awesome, we all must move on someday huh? Just might see you in the Xperia S forum, I love my new SGS2, but there's something about good ol' Sony that we all just can't resist. :-D
    Thanks for everything,