Google Android and Linux for KAISER!!

Search This thread

fbcyborg

Mar 28, 2008
ROME
OK, but I didn't write whatsapp is not available for Android, I wrote I don't know, so it maight be there is some possibility to have it also on Android.

MrKikker

Jan 18, 2011
Amsterdam
So Android v2.1+ on a HTC TyTn 2 will run Whatsapp?

defo will be changing then :D
any roms you can recommend?
and will tomtom run on android?

Last edited:

fbcyborg

Mar 28, 2008
ROME
TomTom doesn't run on Android! But it seems that Route 66 will be available soon.

http://www.66.com/press/ said:
Availability and pricing

ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation is available soon via Android Market. ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation offers lifetime free access to maps. Turn-by-turn navigation is a premium feature, which can be purchased via the in-app store. Navigation licenses are available for 30 days, one year and lifetime. See the License menu for the in-app store for actual end-user prices. ROUTE 66 Maps + Navigation comes with a 30 days free worldwide navigation license. The app is compatible with Android 2.1 and later.
LINK

As regard the ROM I tried Incubus26Jc's Super FroYo 2.2 [Deodexed] [RLS15] [9/3/10] and it is very good.

Reactions: hoatienii

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
i must have done the wrong way it took me so many times and hours just to NAND or HARET but back to square one. I use ATools seems it didn't work for my Kaiser.

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
what rom works for kaiser?I'm new to this.I need guidance .I try use l1q1d from sourceforge but it doesn't work for me.

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
how long does it take for first install? It ever took me the whole night but still processing.Picture on the right took me whole night and i decided to cancel. Picture on the left I just install. Is this the correct procedure.I follow carefully the link that you give me.

Attachments

• WP_000010.jpg
    WP_000010.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 271
  • WP_000001.jpg
    WP_000001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Folllow Up

Hi anyone,
This is the recent picture i take this morning and would like to know is this still going to continue until when or am i doing the right way or wrong. I follow the How to replace Windows Mobile with Android (Guide) by using custom Kaiser custom Ruu flashing from pc.

Update : It just hang.
So i install back stock 3.29 just to get back to windows and reinstallradio 1.71.09.01.My HardSPL is 3.34 from Daveshaw plus the patch.

Attachments

• WP_000011.jpg
    WP_000011.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

toshibashi

Mar 29, 2007
What is the status of the Android port for Kaiser?

What should I look for, Froyo, Gingerbread, Icecream?

Does the camera work? What radio ROM will I need for a working autofocus?

best regards,
toshibashi

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
I was able to install Polymod with HaRET. Have been trying NAND with all the roms.I did notice that the initrd.gz doesn't have any update for HaRET.

ol1ver

Jun 25, 2011
gitlab.com
Does the kaiser have the same 'sleep of death' issue as the polaris?

Connecting with adb shows that zygote keeps crashing and tries to restart itself constantly. May happen after 2 days or 20 minutes. 2.6.25 nor 2.6.32 help.

ezedoz

Apr 8, 2012
Lagos
Help

Hi bro i need help please my Imagio went on black screen on spl flashing process after some mins and it won't boot as it should, then i tried to reboot it my self still the same it won't i also tried removing the battery and the problem did not solve. What do i have to do? send your help to doz2000@yahoo.com thanks. I am:mad::mad::mad::mad:

DSC05

Is there any way to disable flick 2 wake without reflashing? This function doesn't appear to be accessible in trickster. I have my settings flawless and don't want to have to reflash just to disable one feature.

Also, f2w keeps waking the screen when I have my phone in my car dock while driving. It appears to be picking up the vibrations of driving

Manual setting is possible as well:
f2w on:
echo "1" > /sys/devices/virtual/htc_g_sensor/g_sensor/flick2wake
f2w off:
echo "0" > /sys/devices/virtual/htc_g_sensor/g_sensor/flick2wake

p2w on:
echo "1" > /sys/devices/virtual/htc_g_sensor/g_sensor/pick2wake
p2w off:
echo "0" > /sys/devices/virtual/htc_g_sensor/g_sensor/pick2wake

Switch screen on/off again to let the settings work if you change them from shell.

Change it under etc/init.d/01-f2w, but I agree with you, f2w and f2s should be disabled by default when the device is docked into a car dock.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone having problems charging on Kaiser? I'm was using the latest basefiles and system-xrom1.4r3.sqsh so I switched to the Google-Ion-2009-09-12 bundle both from vogue-android on google code with fresh data.img, same problem. Charging will work for the first few hours and then without any changes, it will stop. It will charge for like 30 seconds and stop charging and the battery icon will go back to normal and in "battery status" it shows "not charging". A regular soft reboot will not fix this for some reason. Charges just fine in windows mobile, but to use android I have to reboot and charge in wm6 and when fully charged switch back to android. Anyone experienced this?
    Nice, I got it working on L26 V4 worked 1st time :)

Still a bit buggy of course but getting there

is l26 an lg device?

I will provide a zImage with our latest changes from the linuxtogo git later this day.

I will also upload a console image for testing purpose later (you can read the AT data from the arm9 in it. Just create a device node using mknod dev/smd0 254 2 and use cat /dev/smd0 to read from it. you will see incoming calls, sms etc.)
    This is one of the current mayor problems: We can read from the AT buffer but not write to it which is essential for any phone operations i.e. writing sms, making phone calls but also for using the gps. The gps deveice in kaiser is controlled also with AT send buffer. So once we hve it working we only need the msm_proc_comm work to make calls on the kaiser! If somebody knows what I'm talking about please have a look in arch/arm/mach-msm/smd-kaiser.c

Any hints/improvements appreaciated
    Can't make phone call

Hi every ones!!! :)

Android boot excellent, have internet connection but I can't make calls.

Someone can help me.

Thank you!!!
    I have a question: can I access my phone via USB when my phone is booted into Android and my computer is running Linux? It would makes sense to me, but it doesn't seem to be working.