• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Google announces Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro powered with Google Tensor SoC

Search This thread

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google announces Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro powered with Google Tensor SoC.
As mentioned by Google, Tensor SoC can process Google’s most powerful AI and ML models directly.

via - https://www.gizmobolt.com/2021/08/0...d-pixel-6-pro-powered-with-google-tensor-soc/

Source -
The device with less space above the camera bar is Google Pixel 6. The device with more space above the camera bar is Google Pixel 6 Pro. Pixel 6 Pro will have 3 cameras modules, including a telephoto lens with a 4x optical zoom.

Official Images :

Google-Pixel-6-Official-Photo-2048x2048.jpg

Google-Pixel-6-Pro-Official-Photo.jpg

Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-9.52.01-PM.png

Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-9.52.10-PM.png

flash713

Hopefully it won't give off enough heat to grill. 😂🤣
But the Pro model Pixel 6 from all I've been reading sure appears to be a show stopper!! Think I'll get a 5a in about 6+ months used. Looking forward to these though and I hope Google brings it 110% solid this year! If they don't it will definitely not be good for them that's for sure. Love my 4XL though! Hoping the 6 has zero issues and does all it's said to be able to do. 🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: galaxys

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
But the Pro model Pixel 6 from all I've been reading sure appears to be a show stopper!! Think I'll get a 5a in about 6+ months used. Looking forward to these though and I hope Google brings it 110% solid this year! If they don't it will definitely not be good for them that's for sure. Love my 4XL though! Hoping the 6 has zero issues and does all it's said to be able to do. 🙏🙏🙏
I'm hoping it cook's roms well in our Developer kitchens!😁😊

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
I'll be excited if Google makes a compact version of a Pixel 6.

A compact version smaller than my Pixel 4a. It would need analogue audio out, preferably via USB-C as opposed to the obsolete 3.5mm connector from the 1950's. My old Pixel 2 requires a relatively expensive pair of USB-C earphones with its own (crappy quality) DAC chip. I think the Pixel 5 doesn't provide analogue audio through the USB-C port neither (correct me if I'm wrong). I once had a Sony XZ2 Compact which provided analogue audio out through the USB-C port which meant I could use cheaper earphones and would ironically still sound better due to a better DAC chip built into the phone itself. I would love to have a compact Pixel which has a little fat form factor like a Sony XZ2 Compact. Am currently still using my Pixel 4a . I like it and all and was the best choice available to me at the time I had to buy a new phone, but is still too big to use single handed comfortably and is restrictive in my pocket when climbing around tight spaces on construction sites. There are other small phones out there, but they don't support custom OS with relockable bootloader such as GrapheneOS or CalyxOS.

Gusikowskib

Sep 8, 2021
I feel like Tensor Cores in Pixel 6 are built to run the 'TensorFlow' open source ML platform used in Pixel 2's portrait modes -- especially given that Google has dropped pixel 4's IR hardware based depth mapping entirely and has gone to single lense hole punch front facing cameras in favor of longer exposure times over infared sensors to do low light work.

Gusikowskib

Sep 8, 2021
I feel like Tensor Cores in Pixel 6 are built to run the 'TensorFlow' open source ML platform used in Pixel 2's portrait modes -- especially given that Google has dropped pixel 4's IR hardware based depth mapping entirely and has gone to single lense hole punch front facing cameras in favor of longer exposure times over infared sensors to do low light work.

www.myaarpmedicare.com

Nergal di Cuthah

Sep 20, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Did you mean to double post and please a suspect link at the bottom *I worry*

Reactions: Wiizkid

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Sarcasm aside, we don't know if this is real (another clearly fake one has also been spotted on Geekbench), whether it was using the latest software (if real), etc... Also, benchmarks don't always translate into real world use.

But if these numbers do turn out to be accurate, it will be disappointing for sure from a strictly benchmarking point of view without consideration of AI, etc.

But if these numbers do turn out to be accurate, it will be disappointing for sure from a strictly benchmarking point of view without consideration of AI, etc.
When word was out that Google would be premiering their own TENSOR core CPU blah blah, people were carrying on about how it will blow everything out of the water... It was important then....

Now that initial; performance leaks suggest its nothing short of a mid spec CPU (at this state), it doesn't matter any more?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
When word was out that Google would be premiering their own TENSOR core CPU blah blah, people were carrying on about how it will blow everything out of the water... It was important then....

Now that initial; performance leaks suggest its nothing short of a mid spec CPU (at this state), it doesn't matter any more?
Did I say it doesn't matter? No, I said from a benchmarking point of view it would be disappointing. Of course that matters. But additionally, benchmarking is not the all end be all.

And like I said, we don't even know if this "leak" is real or even accurate. We'll actually have to wait and see what the benchmarks actually end up being before drawing any firm conclusions.

Did I say it doesn't matter? No, I said from a benchmarking point of view it would be disappointing. Of course that matters. But additionally, benchmarking is not the all end be all.

And like I said, we don't even know if this "leak" is real or even accurate. We'll actually have to wait and see what the benchmarks actually end up being before drawing any firm conclusions.
I believe its real, but i also believe there is still some more HW/SW tweaking to be done...

Bear in mind, Google have stated they this will be a premium priced device, so one would expect premium SW and HW.

Pixel camera HW and SW have always been sensational...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google announces Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro powered with Google Tensor SoC.
    As mentioned by Google, Tensor SoC can process Google’s most powerful AI and ML models directly.

via - https://www.gizmobolt.com/2021/08/0...d-pixel-6-pro-powered-with-google-tensor-soc/

Source -
    The device with less space above the camera bar is Google Pixel 6. The device with more space above the camera bar is Google Pixel 6 Pro. Pixel 6 Pro will have 3 cameras modules, including a telephoto lens with a 4x optical zoom.

Official Images :

Google-Pixel-6-Official-Photo-2048x2048.jpg

Google-Pixel-6-Pro-Official-Photo.jpg

Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-9.52.01-PM.png

Screenshot-2021-08-02-at-9.52.10-PM.png
    I'm hoping it cook's roms well in our Developer kitchens!😁😊
    I'll be excited if Google makes a compact version of a Pixel 6.

A compact version smaller than my Pixel 4a. It would need analogue audio out, preferably via USB-C as opposed to the obsolete 3.5mm connector from the 1950's. My old Pixel 2 requires a relatively expensive pair of USB-C earphones with its own (crappy quality) DAC chip. I think the Pixel 5 doesn't provide analogue audio through the USB-C port neither (correct me if I'm wrong). I once had a Sony XZ2 Compact which provided analogue audio out through the USB-C port which meant I could use cheaper earphones and would ironically still sound better due to a better DAC chip built into the phone itself. I would love to have a compact Pixel which has a little fat form factor like a Sony XZ2 Compact. Am currently still using my Pixel 4a . I like it and all and was the best choice available to me at the time I had to buy a new phone, but is still too big to use single handed comfortably and is restrictive in my pocket when climbing around tight spaces on construction sites. There are other small phones out there, but they don't support custom OS with relockable bootloader such as GrapheneOS or CalyxOS.
    But, can it grill?