[Google Apps] Without Rooting Kindle Fire 6.2.1

Search This thread

wacckkoo1

Dec 4, 2009
It is totally possible to sideload google apps without Rooting on version 6.2.1. It is a fairly simple process but needs to be done in the correct order.

1.Open Settings
2. Select Device
3. Turn on Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources
4. Download GoogleServicesFramework.apk and install. You need to download the correct version or it will not install. I apologize for not having the version number but currently it can be found @ www.mediafire.com/?4ykd6rdikmz5l8c
6.Download books.apk - Do Not Open
7. Reboot
8. Open Books and add google account. This even works with multiple accounts.
9. Shortly after you should have a notification requesting permission of your google account. Click allow.
10. Sideload Google apps of your choice. See below for options.

Google Apps that work

Google Music
Google +
Google Books
others...

Sideloading Google Apps

1.Sideloading Google app of your choice
1a.Find on filesharing website i.e. 4shared.com, filestube.com, etc.
1b. Backup from another device and use drop box to access
1c. Transferring apk via USB
2. Open .apk file and click install

This will work flawlessly if done in the right order. Remember GoogleServicesFramework.apk install, books.apk, reboot , open books , add account, and voila.

If I have helped you please thank me.

Enjoy.....

www.mediafire.com/?4ykd6rdikmz5l8c

DeerSteak

Jul 25, 2011
This is fantastic. Once I have books installed and my gmail account synced, will I be able to just grab a Market apk to sideload and then get everything I want from the Market?

I've been back and forth between the Nook Tablet and the Kindle Fire as my cheap tablet to buy, and the Nook Tablet took a big hit when they disabled sideloading. I think the Kindle Fire is popular enough that it will also be a target for an official CM9 release as the CM9 project gains steam.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Cannot install GoogleServicesFramework.apk :(

The subject of the thread is wrong Misleading.

You can't install the GoogleServicesFramework.apk into /system/app where it needs to be in order for it to work without having root access.

Update:
You need that GoogleServicesFramework.apk to do things like Android Market, Gmail etc...

Last edited:

bus_ter

Jun 10, 2010
You can only install a few google apps without root access. The Market Place requires root access, which you can't get with the latest version of the kindle software (6.2.1)

leebo

Apr 4, 2007
If you are rooted and have Market already installed, will today's update make Market stop working?

If you have GoogleServicesFramework.apk installed, will that cease to function?

Will it break the wallpaper change fix?

bus_ter

Jun 10, 2010
If you are rooted and have Market already installed, will today's update make Market stop working?

Depends how you installed/updated it. All files in /system/app get replaced. If you installed the market place and it has since updated itself (installing to a different location that doesn't get cleared with the update) then you should be okay. Had a fresh install of the Market Place following online guides to copy it into /system/app then a good chance it will stop working.

If you have GoogleServicesFramework.apk installed, will that cease to function?
Mine still works, because my gmail still works which requires it.

Will it break the wallpaper change fix?

I don't think so

lstern

Dec 21, 2011
Google Currents

I lost root and Google Currents after 6.2.1 update. I still have a functional Android market and Gmail. Google Currents won't install now. I get an error stating missing Google library.

Any suggestions how to reinstall Currents. BTW, I was able to install Google Books successfully. Thanks.

bus_ter

Jun 10, 2010
It worked fine for me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I reinstalled the 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' (the version I had installed previously, not the one linked above). It installed fine but I get The application Market has stopped unexpectedly Force Close when I boot the Kindle, and also when I try to run the Market place and Install an app.

Until I ran the GoogleServicesFramework.apk I didn't get the bootup error. I ran the installer from the sdcard, previously (with root access) I was able to copy and run it from '/system/app' which I think makes all the difference.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

I lost root and Google Currents after 6.2.1 update. I still have a functional Android market and Gmail. Google Currents won't install now. I get an error stating missing Google library.

Any suggestions how to reinstall Currents. BTW, I was able to install Google Books successfully. Thanks.

Does your Gmail still update itself and show new email notifications without you having to open gmail and manually refresh? I think though Gmail still runs the service that runs in the background has stopped post update.

lstern

Dec 21, 2011
I reinstalled the 'GoogleServicesFramework.apk' (the version I had installed previously, not the one linked above). It installed fine but I get The application Market has stopped unexpectedly Force Close when I boot the Kindle, and also when I try to run the Market place and Install an app.

Until I ran the GoogleServicesFramework.apk I didn't get the bootup error. I ran the installer from the sdcard, previously (with root access) I was able to copy and run it from '/system/app' which I think makes all the difference.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Does your Gmail still update itself and show new email notifications without you having to open gmail and manually refresh? I think though Gmail still runs the service that runs in the background has stopped post update.
Your correct. Gmail no longer auto updates. When opened it shows "no conversations." Thanks for your reply.

FireJunior

Dec 20, 2011
I had 6.2 rooted but got updated to 6.2.1 even I amended the hosts file and rename the Silent apk to bak, also with TWRP 2.0 installed. Anyway, I re-install the GoogleServicesFramework.apk, and I can access the Android Market again.

I tried to use the GoogleServicesFramework.apk link provided in this thread, but it didn't work. The original one worked, so I am happy to be able to access the Android Market again.

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
didnt work for me

Very important! it now works, u must have the right google frameworks, if it installs u have right one. Then dont use the vending apk, i use the apk that said market apk and it worked perfectly, market now works.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is totally possible to sideload google apps without Rooting on version 6.2.1. It is a fairly simple process but needs to be done in the correct order.

1.Open Settings
    2. Select Device
    3. Turn on Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources
    4. Download GoogleServicesFramework.apk and install. You need to download the correct version or it will not install. I apologize for not having the version number but currently it can be found @ www.mediafire.com/?4ykd6rdikmz5l8c
    6.Download books.apk - Do Not Open
    7. Reboot
    8. Open Books and add google account. This even works with multiple accounts.
    9. Shortly after you should have a notification requesting permission of your google account. Click allow.
    10. Sideload Google apps of your choice. See below for options.

Google Apps that work

Google Music
    Google +
    Google Books
    others...

Sideloading Google Apps

1.Sideloading Google app of your choice
    1a.Find on filesharing website i.e. 4shared.com, filestube.com, etc.
    1b. Backup from another device and use drop box to access
    1c. Transferring apk via USB
    2. Open .apk file and click install

This will work flawlessly if done in the right order. Remember GoogleServicesFramework.apk install, books.apk, reboot , open books , add account, and voila.

If I have helped you please thank me.

Enjoy.....

www.mediafire.com/?4ykd6rdikmz5l8c
    Install this, just like a regular app. Fixes broken already installed Google apps, including market. http://db.tt/FAexFhgV

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk