Google Assistant ask to unlock phone.

Search This thread

Amarres

Aug 11, 2022
Hi,
When in google assistant settings as default music app chosen spotyfy, it play music with locked phone, but if i choose youtube music (i have premium) and ask to play something with locked phone, it ask to unlock, and then play.. how to fix ? :)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi,
When in google assistant settings as default music app chosen spotyfy, it play music with locked phone, but if i choose youtube music (i have premium) and ask to play something with locked phone, it ask to unlock, and then play.. how to fix ? :)
Use a mobile browser, go to the YouTube page, tap the three dot menu in your browser, select "Desktop site", then find what you want to here, start the music and let it play, this should make YouTube continue playing while the screen is off. Then set your notifications/status bar to show on lockscreen then set your browser app as a shortcut on lockscreen.

I have a Galaxy J7 set like this with Firefox browser, I can play YouTube with the screen off, when I tap the power button, I can open the firefox notification that is playing the music and control it from there without unlocking the screen.

Reactions: James_Watson

Amarres

Aug 11, 2022
Use a mobile browser, go to the YouTube page, tap the three dot menu in your browser, select "Desktop site", then find what you want to here, start the music and let it play, this should make YouTube continue playing while the screen is off. Then set your notifications/status bar to show on lockscreen then set your browser app as a shortcut on lockscreen.

I have a Galaxy J7 set like this with Firefox browser, I can play YouTube with the screen off, when I tap the power button, I can open the firefox notification that is playing the music and control it from there without unlocking the screen.
youtube premium plays music with screen off without any tricks, i need to start music with google assistant from locked phone, when i choose spotify, i say "ok google, play jazz" it opens spotify and star playing random jazz playlist, on locked screen. but youtube music can't

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
youtube premium plays music with screen off without any tricks, i need to start music with google assistant from locked phone, when i choose spotify, i say "ok google, play jazz" it opens spotify and star playing random jazz playlist, on locked screen. but youtube music does not.
Try this, maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

I found that by doing a Google search for:

"Google Assistant play YouTube from lockscreen"

Try doing the same search as above and go through your results to see if any of them work.

Amarres

Aug 11, 2022
no again, you dont understood question :) youtube premium WORK on lock screen, without ANY fixes, it just play. question is "google assistant want to unlock screen to LAUNCH youtube" :) but dont need to unlock when launch spotify

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,