• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Google Assistant on watch 4 (wear OS)

Search This thread

petersm

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe anybody can help out. I tried downloading the apk from apk mirror and using wear installer to load the apk. it keeps saying that the app is not for wear os. tried 2.8, 2.9 and 2.12 (latest available). what am I doing wrong?

n.b.: I have enabled dev options / debug over wifi .

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
Maybe anybody can help out. I tried downloading the apk from apk mirror and using wear installer to load the apk. it keeps saying that the app is not for wear os. tried 2.8, 2.9 and 2.12 (latest available). what am I doing wrong?

n.b.: I have enabled dev options / debug over wifi .
I dunno, but this video looks helpful?

sputnik99

Aug 12, 2006
Hi guys, only want to share my experience trying to install the google app and google assistant in my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

1) Download the google app (wear os) on apk mirror

2) active the developer mode in the watch, turn on debug mode and debug on wifi

3) install "Wear installer" on my phone and connect to the watch, from here traspassing and install the google app on the watch

4) the app not show in the launcher, but i can change the predefined assistent app to Google!!! I show you in the pictures added

I have no idea how to make this work, but is promissing!! Maybe somebody read this and can make it, or maybe this almost compatibility mean that the official app is coming in the near futue!

Sorry for my english, im spanishView attachment 5416539View attachment 5416541
How did you change the app from bixby to Google?

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
So it does! Will ok Google work now?
No
What's the benefit setting out to Google Assistant?

Because at least you can perform some limited searching and commands and such. Something not possible with Bixby (which is pretty useless). This Google Go is of limited value, but it is better than nothing, as we continue to wait and wait for Samsung/Google to get off their butts and give us proper Google Assistant.

Reactions: oxfordmark

mrfatiga22

Dec 5, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Better than this versión
which is based on API for Tv and speakers with assistant and having to donate $ 5.00 dlls. Security concerns
This is a copy of Gassist.Net. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...et-google-assistant-for-galaxy-watch.3927513/
This already existed in Tizen.
https: //youtu.be/MEcpJ7HYy_o
They only adapted it to Android.
It is easier to install Google assistant Go Apk version 2.8.
It is more you can install Google go Apk which is Google search lite.

en6ads

Nov 28, 2021
I installed this version: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...221-armeabi-v7a-release-android-apk-download/ using this tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.agondev.easyfiretools&hl=en_US&gl=US

-I asked it to run a routine I have (to open a door lock), and get this reply: "Routines are not supported on this device"

-I tried MyQ garage door opener: "Sorry, MyQ is not supported on this device"

-Turning on home smart lights and switches work.

- I can't see my nest doorbell camera or any indoor camera - it does nothing

-Asking what's playing on another device works

-Music: "play {insert band or genre}" does not work (says will play on youtube music but nothing happens. "Play BBC Radio 2" does not work (says need to install apple music). "Play {insert radio station here} on iHeart radio" does not work. "Open iHeart radio" works.

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
Interesting.
I installed the one that @krogoth posted earlier in this thread. It is version 2.8.0.346747673 (Target: Android 10) (which is newer than what you just installed). When I go to the link you posted, it is apparent what I installed is quite old- almost a year old, Dec 12, 2020. Since then, there have been two newer releases:

2.9.1.367582902 March 29, 2021 (Target: Android 10)
2.12.0.406535943 November 12, 2021 (Target: Android 12)

I thought the one that @krogoth posted was a "modified" version to deal with the small screen. Is that correct?

Has anyone tried one of the newer versions above? If so, did it work? Work better? If not, has whoever "modded" the 2.8.0 version tried modding one of the newer ones?

oxfordmark

Mar 3, 2011
Smart Watches
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Interesting.
I installed the one that @krogoth posted earlier in this thread. It is version 2.8.0.346747673 (Target: Android 10) (which is newer than what you just installed). When I go to the link you posted, it is apparent what I installed is quite old- almost a year old, Dec 12, 2020. Since then, there have been two newer releases:

I thought the one that @krogoth posted was a "modified" version to deal with the small screen. Is that correct?

Has anyone tried one of the newer versions above? If so, did it work? Work better? If not, has whoever "modded" the 2.8.0 version tried modding one of the newer ones?
Yes but I don't trust a 3rd party assistant app.

en6ads

Nov 28, 2021
Interesting.

Yes, I tried the latest, Google Assistant Go 2.12.0.406535943.release (arm-v7a), but it's laggy and doesn't have microphone input ( doesn't recognize it). The 2.8 version I installed is way less laggy and voice search works.

Reactions: crxssi

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
Ok, just curious, and I'm being serious...

Is Bixby really that bad? I mean, I totally want Google Assistant on the Watch 4, and I am a Google Assistant fan. And our of principle, it IS a Wear os watch, it SHOULD have GA on it.

But just curious, can't Bixby do all the common things like Sending Texts, Weather, Opening Apps, etc?

gavelis

Nov 2, 2010
Bixby can´t fill my shopping/todo list in Google keep. Bixby can´t start Brooklyn 99 on Netflix on my Sony Android TV. And Bixby even can´t tell me how old Angela Merkel is or where the next pharmacy is. It doesn´t know how to get to the football stadium.

"What´s my address?" Bixby: "Thanks for asking, I´m fine"

Google Assistant is lot more useful in my opinion.

funkpod

Aug 7, 2010
Bixby can´t fill my shopping/todo list in Google keep. Bixby can´t start Brooklyn 99 on Netflix on my Sony Android TV. And Bixby even can´t tell me how old Angela Merkel is or where the next pharmacy is. It doesn´t know how to get to the football stadium.

WOW, that's... lol.

How reliable are these on the GW4?

"Send a text to _________"
"Set reminder at 4pm to ______________"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, only want to share my experience trying to install the google app and google assistant in my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

3) install "Wear installer" on my phone and connect to the watch, from here traspassing and install the google app on the watch

4) the app not show in the launcher, but i can change the predefined assistent app to Google!!! I show you in the pictures added

I have no idea how to make this work, but is promissing!! Maybe somebody read this and can make it, or maybe this almost compatibility mean that the official app is coming in the near futue!

Sorry for my english, im spanishView attachment 5416539View attachment 5416541
    How did you change the app from bixby to Google?
    Also, for those ussing the Assistant Go, you can remove the blue button by temporarily changing the dpi of the device to a lower value

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/p3jd8t
    With Bugjaeger the commands are:

wm density ---> To display the current screen density
    wm density 180 ---> To apply a custom density, for example 180
    wm density reset ---> To restore the default density of the watch

Also, for those ussing the Assistant Go, you can remove the blue button by temporarily changing the dpi of the device to a lower value

https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/p3jd8t
    With Bugjaeger the commands are:

wm density ---> To display the current screen density
    wm density 180 ---> To apply a custom density, for example 180
    wm density reset ---> To restore the default density of the watch
    That!!! that is what I needed. The bluebox was bugging the hell out of me! thank you good sir!
    I dunno, but this video looks helpful?

Yes this worked, thanks a lot!
    MOD EDIT: Quote removed since post removed.

That's been talked about before and it's super sketchy. You have to install some random guys app store, give his app tons of permissions, pay him then you get a limited version of Google assistant.

His telegram group have banned people for asking about the security concerns of his apps permissions. Super sketchy

Sorry for my english, im spanish
    Screenshot_20210922_220928_permissioncontroller.png
    Screenshot_20210922_220957_permissioncontroller.png
    Looks promising, I bet adfree or Dante might like this...
    Google Assistant on Galaxy Watch 4 classic. Working for me. I follow theses steps

And Download this apk here : https://t.me/newsgw/2028

Google Assistant Go Galaxy Watch 4.apk
    6.5 MB

and in your watch 4 go to settings, Apps, Choose default Apps, Digital Assistant App, Choose Google assistant Go and scroll down to OK button. You are done.

I use Bugjaeger 3.0 on my phone to Sideload my Apk's " follow the steps on youtube to sideload apk's from your mobile to your smartwatch.

Bugjaeger 3.0
    Assitant and chrome in attachment.
    Booth are working. Just sideload it, and set assistant as default.