General Google Assistant on watch 4 (wear OS)

Search This thread

KreGgiants

Sep 8, 2012
I installed the 2.8 version, an issue I found is that after a few seconds the watch times out and it stops talking. I have the time out for 15s.
And sometimes the watch thinks I don't have my wrist upwards and locks before also.

But it's already a progress :)
Now only if Google would already release the official.

Reactions: funkpod and galaxys

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
I installed the 2.8 version, an issue I found is that after a few seconds the watch times out and it stops talking. I have the time out for 15s.
And sometimes the watch thinks I don't have my wrist upwards and locks before also.
I have this issue also. Sometimes it works perfectly. Other times it will put the screen-saver digital time thing over top of it before I can speak or while it is speaking and I have to activate it again. This is even with AOD on.

Reactions: funkpod

Vlatard_2

Oct 5, 2019
Bi
Ok, solo curioso, y estoy siendo serio ...

¿Es Bixby realmente tan malo? Quiero decir, quiero totalmente el Asistente de Google en el Watch 4, y soy un fanático del Asistente de Google. Y nuestro principio, ES un reloj Wear os, DEBERÍA tener GA en él.

Pero solo curioso, ¿no puede Bixby hacer todas las cosas comunes como enviar mensajes de texto, clima, abrir aplicaciones, etc.?
Bixby
Ok, just curious, and I'm being serious...

Is Bixby really that bad? I mean, I totally want Google Assistant on the Watch 4, and I am a Google Assistant fan. And our of principle, it IS a Wear os watch, it SHOULD have GA on it.

But just curious, can't Bixby do all the common things like Sending Texts, Weather, Opening Apps, etc?
Bixby is not so bad. The phone version of Bixby brings you almost the same features of GA(almost). It will be perfect for me...but this handicapped watch version, is terrible. If only could make internet searches...

Ok, just curious, and I'm being serious...

Is Bixby really that bad? I mean, I totally want Google Assistant on the Watch 4, and I am a Google Assistant fan. And our of principle, it IS a Wear os watch, it SHOULD have GA on it.

But just curious, can't Bixby do all the common things like Sending Texts, Weather, Opening Apps, etc?
Bixby flat out doesn't fit in for me. I have Google and Nest devices throughout my home that work just fine with Assistant. Even if it were possible, I don't want to set every light bulb, smart switch, ceiling fan, tv, etc. up with Samsung Smart Things.

"Hey, Bixby, turn on the lamp." just gets a screen that reads 'Please wait' and never does anything. "Hey, Bixby, turn on the TV." 'Oh, I couldn't find that device.' because Smart Things only works with Samsung televisions and all four in my home are Vizio (which work just fine with Google Assistant).

I'm waiting for a new Wear OS device so we can snag and sideload Assistant from it.

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
Oh, OK, yeah, I might agree with that.

smentoma

Nov 21, 2010
Yes i install this version from last video and work realy well after first run. But after a while when pressed duble power button there is a lag like 30 s and freeze smartwatch completly. I think the app cant stayed opend in backgreound it closed but when is running in background work well. Is there a way to remain opened?

Reactions: galaxys

Kaba123

Mar 9, 2020
Is it possible to send text and voicemessages via WhatsApp like in the all-star video? The command "configure WhatsApp" isn't working.
I also have the 15sec off issue.

nevvjeff

Sep 21, 2007
Recent user of galaxy watch 4, I found here a solution to add Google assistant on the watch, but for my experience this solution is little buggy

Sometimes when I launch Google Assistant go (with app link or buton double tap) the watch freeze sometime more than 30 sec, not really helpfull.
For my last try (I already have check all app permission) the app don't reconize voice command.

So at the moment it's not really a great deal for me to use this, more than nothing but when bug comes, it was really more speed to go to the phone to have full experience of google assistant without bug or freeze.....

Assitant and chrome in attachment.
Booth are working. Just sideload it, and set assistant as default.
Does anybody know what's in this Chrome apk that makes it work on Galaxy Watch? It's definitely an older version but I think it was modded so it doesn't crash on Wear OS.

Also, With this Chrome app installed on Galaxy Watch, it lends support for Google Go SearchLite v1.7 to launch links within SearchLite instead of an external browser on Galaxy Watch. I'd love to explore this dynamic further. Usually I use it with Samsung browser where Google Go provides quick searching and external linking into Samsung Internet. Now I can just do everything within Google Go which lends support for Lite web pages option. Note: Newer versions of Search Lite don't work.

With Chrome installed, is it possible that the watch gains WebView or CCT support?

Attachments

• Chrome Galaxy Watch 4.apk
    45.9 MB · Views: 31
Jan 6, 2022
When I try to send a text message using Google Assistant Go on my galaxy watch 4, it says that it is sending the message, but it never appears in the messages app on my watch or my phone. Has anyone else experienced this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: Quote removed since post removed.

That's been talked about before and it's super sketchy. You have to install some random guys app store, give his app tons of permissions, pay him then you get a limited version of Google assistant.

His telegram group have banned people for asking about the security concerns of his apps permissions. Super sketchy
    Hi guys, only want to share my experience trying to install the google app and google assistant in my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

1) Download the google app (wear os) on apk mirror

2) active the developer mode in the watch, turn on debug mode and debug on wifi

3) install "Wear installer" on my phone and connect to the watch, from here traspassing and install the google app on the watch

4) the app not show in the launcher, but i can change the predefined assistent app to Google!!! I show you in the pictures added

I have no idea how to make this work, but is promissing!! Maybe somebody read this and can make it, or maybe this almost compatibility mean that the official app is coming in the near futue!

Sorry for my english, im spanish
    Screenshot_20210922_220928_permissioncontroller.png
    Screenshot_20210922_220957_permissioncontroller.png
    Unfortunately the official GA isn't avaible in a lot of country (my poor Italy included)... There Is a way to sideload the apk and make It work? Speaking english isn't a problem.
    Use Bugjaeger app connect to your watch with wifi adb to your phone and try sideloading this official Google Assitant app pulled from my Watch4Classic 46mm N America Region 😉
    Google Assistant on Galaxy Watch 4 classic. Working for me. I follow theses steps

And Download this apk here : https://t.me/newsgw/2028

Google Assistant Go Galaxy Watch 4.apk
    6.5 MB

and in your watch 4 go to settings, Apps, Choose default Apps, Digital Assistant App, Choose Google assistant Go and scroll down to OK button. You are done.

I use Bugjaeger 3.0 on my phone to Sideload my Apk's " follow the steps on youtube to sideload apk's from your mobile to your smartwatch.

Bugjaeger 3.0
    Assitant and chrome in attachment.
    Booth are working. Just sideload it, and set assistant as default.