General Google Assistant Updates/Sources Page

Search This thread
I was able to find it in the web Play Store. hadnt appeared on my phone or watch play store

Attachments

• Screenshot_37.png
    Screenshot_37.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 32
Looks like it's starting to be available, it showed up on my watch when i searched the play store on the watch itself for "google assistant"

View attachment 5621269

though the watch version is listed as just "assistant" in the play store

View attachment 5621267

and thankfully, you are able to assign assistant to a double button press instead of bixby without any re-mapping apps!

View attachment 5621279
You can also assign it to long press (Bixby Button) by assigning Assistant as the default Digital assistant

73sydney

Account currently disabled
Just woke up, and there it was as "assistant" in the store, on the watch. Installed, then Open, set up is continued on phone, just agreements, so a next fest.

Then into watch or Wear app to assign key.

Works.

Works also if you have "Raise wrist to wake" just by "Hey Google"

That is all, didn't alter my life like i won lotto, it's just an app folks....

Reactions: amitsingh5198

kingwicked

Just installed on Watch4 Classic N American Region Watch4classic 46mm

I have also added the apk pulled from my watch4classic added as attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220524-034913_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-034913_Google.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220524-034921_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-034921_Google.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220524-034954_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-034954_Google.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20220524_035029_assistant.png
    Screenshot_20220524_035029_assistant.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Google Assistant OS3.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 59
Reactions: Alf0903 and galaxys

73sydney

One thing Assistant fails at for me at least "Set alarm for x:xx time"...comes back as done, but never actually is set

I have the Samsung Alarm debloated and using google Deskclock

Anyone else confirm who has the Samsung alarm app installed still?

Last edited:

gavelis

Nov 2, 2010
Alarm works fine on non-de"bloated" GW4. I guess Assistant is relying on some Samsung stuff. Also I´ve tried to set timer until I´ve noticed that it still was Bixby as I haven´t remapped button. But after remap I asked Google Assistant to set a timer and the timer interface looks exactly the same. On Wear 2 the timers looked a bit different. Maybe that timers on the Pixel Watch also look different.

mynameismada

Feb 19, 2008
I am not apparently in a supported market. I tried installing the apk, but nothing appearing. I don't even have the option in default apps for "assistant app"

What is the package name for assistant to look for it when using "pm list packages" command?

Reactions: amitsingh5198

73sydney

Alarm works fine on non-de"bloated" GW4. I guess Assistant is relying on some Samsung stuff. Also I´ve tried to set timer until I´ve noticed that it still was Bixby as I haven´t remapped button. But after remap I asked Google Assistant to set a timer and the timer interface looks exactly the same. On Wear 2 the timers looked a bit different. Maybe that timers on the Pixel Watch also look different.

Thanks for the confirmation mate, next reset (which wont be far away as im upgrading my ROM), ill leave the Samsung alarm in there...im too lazy to go and re-enable via ADB :)

Top Liked Posts