Question Google assistant: "...yes, but first you need to unlock the phone."

Search This thread

stefal639

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi to all,
I have encounter a boring problem with op9 pro paired with bluetooth headset (more than one).
every time I said on assistant by my bluetooth headsets (aftershokx aeropex, oneplus bullets wireless Z) any commands like "call mom" "open garage Stefano" "turn on stairs light", and so on, assistant telle me to unlock phone first (????). On assistant the option of "personal results on lockscreen" and the one relative to bluetooth devices is activated, but: "[...]yes, but first you need to unlock the phone.".
on my op7 pro i try same commands without any problems. So... which is the problem?
It's very boring, expecially driving, unlock the phone to use it to make a simple call or to open my garage door.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

stefal639

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
made it, also clean flash of last ota...seems that something goes wrong with assistant because the problem still stay here also before a clean install.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
made it, also clean flash of last ota...seems that something goes wrong with assistant because the problem still stay here also before a clean install.
Check permissions, notifications and make sure no power management is enabled.
Possible conflict with another app.
Lol, sounds like it's settings could be screwed up by default.
Try searching Google for the same issue even on different makes/models as you're no alone... someone has found the solution.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

yosry

Jan 3, 2013
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
here is how i solve similar problem that not exactly the same but when i ask google assistance to turn flashlight for example it ask to unlock the screen 1st

1-open google app and press MORE
2-setting
3-google assistant
4-personalization
and final check every toggle on that screen (personal result, lock screen, etc. )

that should not ask to unlock the screen again check and let me know how it gose

stefal639

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
here is how i solve similar problem that not exactly the same but when i ask google assistance to turn flashlight for example it ask to unlock the screen 1st

1-open google app and press MORE
2-setting
3-google assistant
4-personalization
and final check every toggle on that screen (personal result, lock screen, etc. )

that should not ask to unlock the screen again check and let me know how it gose
Still don't work 🥲

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-112255.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-112255.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 156

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah I would never not have a lock screen. Also my work mandates it through their apps so it's not even a possible consideration even if I did not care about security.
    It's yet activated...
    Try clearing Goggle Play Services data.
    Clear system cache.
    Try a network reset (can't hurt).
    You may have to delete/recreate the account if nothing else works.
    Play with it... eventually you'll get it working.
    This is also a problem that randomly plagues my devices.

Yes, devices. Over the years, this repeatedly happens and then I stop using Assistant all together because it becomes useless to me.

I recently upgraded to a S21 Ultra from a S9+ that was having the issue as well. After setting up my new device, it worked fine. 1 month later, without me changing anything at all, yesterday it stopped taking voice commands while locked and asks me to unlock. All commands now do this and there's no solution as far as I know.
    I've reached out to google on their help forums in the past, even had it happen on my Nexus 6P. They didn't care.
    Sounds like power management is active ie adaptive battery maybe?
    Power management... destroyer of worlds.
    If so it's a Samsung not Gookill issue.
    The only thing that should be toggled on is fast charging if you use it.
    Yeah I would never not have a lock screen. Also my work mandates it through their apps so it's not even a possible consideration even if I did not care about security.
    Best to have a separate work phone.
    I know it seems farfetched that password protected hardware could turn into a major wack job... until it happens to you at a critical time.

A few years ago I was down to one laptop and hard times. I had the bios password protected.
    It got corrupted. Lockout. There were also a 16 bit loader app that would only load on a 32 bit system as well as other critical apps that couldn't be recreated. Lost.
    Had no password been set more than likely I would still have full access.
    Meh, when it happens to you... you'll recall this ridiculous post of mine🤣
    Yeh, lock screens can be more pain than worth...🔐🔏🔒🔓😳