Question Google Basic Setup Is Slow

Search This thread

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
MSM'ed my OnePlus Pro back to A11 11.2.3.3 and that is when the problem started. Google Basic Setup took two days not including restoring my apps and data and updating from A11 to A12 took another two days. What is going on with Google? Internet speed is 100mb up and down.... Anyone have ideas as to why the slow setup and updates?

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
MSM'ed my OnePlus Pro back to A11 11.2.3.3 and that is when the problem started. Google Basic Setup took two days not including restoring my apps and data and updating from A11 to A12 took another two days. What is going on with Google? Internet speed is 100mb up and down.... Anyone have ideas as to why the slow setup and updates?
just fyi I MSMed a couple days back and it only took me about 30-45 minutes give or take to go from 11.2-13 f21 iam running model 2125 ,, hth

TheGhost1951

Feb 11, 2009
Garfield
OnePlus 9 Pro
just fyi I MSMed a couple days back and it only took me about 30-45 minutes give or take to go from 11.2-13 f21 iam running model 2125 ,, hth
That is the senerio that occurred on my own phone LE2127. But on my wife's phone LE2127 it took a total of 4 days. I started Thursday 3/23 to 3/27 to get it back to full operation with setup and restore. Never happened before. It was like Google was downloading the files at kb/sec rather than mb/sec. It was really frustrating!

Reactions: hammered58

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
That is the senerio that occurred on my own phone LE2127. But on my wife's phone LE2127 it took a total of 4 days. I started Thursday 3/23 to 3/27 to get it back to full operation with setup and restore. Never happened before. It was like Google was downloading the files at kb/sec rather than mb/sec. It was really frustrating!
I had this happen on some of my restores (including Nexus and Pixel devices), with some theory on my OP devices. On one restore, it was so slow that I thought it errored out so I stopped it and restarted the process. Which ended up with my phone only restoring up to where the slow asf one got to and I was missing slightly more than half of my stuff.

Going into my theory:
They both overheated during the process and I figured that it shut down some of the stuff to cool down and made it error/go slow. I was actually quite embarrassed for OnePlus that the 10T overheated within 10 mins of first day use for something as basic as restore. The 9P also showed an overheating warning but I had expected this after the 10T pooped into its socks so I kept it extra cool and it didn't seem as bad but was warming up for sure.

Did you notice an overheated warning at any time?

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this happen on some of my restores (including Nexus and Pixel devices), with some theory on my OP devices. On one restore, it was so slow that I thought it errored out so I stopped it and restarted the process. Which ended up with my phone only restoring up to where the slow asf one got to and I was missing slightly more than half of my stuff.

Going into my theory:
    They both overheated during the process and I figured that it shut down some of the stuff to cool down and made it error/go slow. I was actually quite embarrassed for OnePlus that the 10T overheated within 10 mins of first day use for something as basic as restore. The 9P also showed an overheating warning but I had expected this after the 10T pooped into its socks so I kept it extra cool and it didn't seem as bad but was warming up for sure.

Did you notice an overheated warning at any time?