Google calendar sync on Android/Hero.

Search This thread

cbailey

Nov 22, 2007
Hi all,
playing with the Hero. I am syncing my google calendar with my Hero and anything I add to the google calendar gets sync'd down to the Hero, but if I delete something on there Hero it doesn't seem to delete it on google calendar or if I add a new date on the hero, it doesn't seem to put it in google calendar.

Any tips?

Thanks all.

cbailey

Nov 22, 2007
worked one bit out. I need to make sure when I add the appt, it is added to the correct calendar, not the local Hero one. Now to sort the deletion bit :)

I can now add dates on the hero and they appear on google calendar.

JesperDS

Aug 12, 2009
Sorted it out, I think :)

How did you solve the problem?? I have the same problem, if I create a calender event in the Hero it get synced correctly to the google web calender, but if I delete it in the Hero it will not get deleted in the google web calender.

Note that if I instead delete it in the web calender if works so the problem is only when you delete an event in the Hero.

joemax

Jun 24, 2008
South Shropshire
Thanks for pointing this out... I never noticed that you need to select the correct calendar or nothing gets synced to Google and thus back down to my Mac.

Anyone know how to make a particular calendar the default or if you can delete 'My Calendar' and the 'Outlook Calendar' ? Neither of which I would use.

cheers

JesperDS

Aug 12, 2009
Thanks for pointing this out... I never noticed that you need to select the correct calendar or nothing gets synced to Google and thus back down to my Mac.

Anyone know how to make a particular calendar the default or if you can delete 'My Calendar' and the 'Outlook Calendar' ? Neither of which I would use.

cheers

The mobile remembers the last calender you selected so once you added an event to the google calender it will be the default calender.

JesperDS

Aug 12, 2009
Just recived a mail from HTC Supoort that they can confirm that this is a bug in the HTC Hero calender, so I guess the solution is either to try to remove the Hero calender an installa the standard one or to wait for an update from HTC :-(

joemax

Jun 24, 2008
South Shropshire
hmmm... doesn't seem to sync deleted events at all to Google. Better ensure that any deleted events are done online or on the Mac/PC Google synced calendar.

Did they say when it will be fixed ?

R

rhedgehog

you can also hide the outlook and my calendar

in calendar, press menu and then calendars
here you can untick the my calendar and outlook.

and JesperDS is correct, it should remember the last one you selected when you created an item and automaticlly default to that one the next time you create one.

zippyioa

Apr 11, 2004
Stratford-upon-Avon
Hi,

I have just noticed that despite having events in my Google calendar which go back many months/years (e.g Annual Leave or Shifts worked), my Hero doesnt seem to sync anything prior to Mid July 2009 in its calendar.

All that appears prior to mid July is peoples birthdays.

Anyone got any ideas how I can set it to synce EVERY event/item in my Google calendar going back several years??

Cheers

Zippyioa

Matti23

Jul 13, 2007
Vantaa
Google calendar sync stopped

It started with Wi-Fi and now the same error message comes with gprs too.
The message is: "Calendar Storage has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".
This comes after 15 sec use.