Google Cam on Mediatek? SnapDragon Emulator?

Search This thread

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have used GCam for a long time and was very happy with it. Now I bought Blackview BV9800Pro (Mediatek P70) and I've found that GCam is available for SnapDragon only ?

I love GCam so bad that I still do not want to give up so easily and I ask You:

Is there any kind of way to use GCam on Mediatek? Maybe there is some emulator or mod or anything else that would make it work?

P.S., I have stock android pie with magisk roots.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
So as I suspect no one ever has successfuly installed GCam on MediaTek?
That is not true, it is not only for Snapdragon.

I know there is a version of Google Cam for Snapdragon devices and a version for Exynos.

Have you tried this for Mediatek?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1CQt-Jg4GU

Do a google search for:

"Google camera for Mediatek"

That should find several links to methods for installing Gcam on mediatek devices.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
The one in the tutorial is GCam v2.3, and I noticed before that it works on MediaTek. But newest GCam version is 7.3, so You know what I mean...

I will try to find a way to install newer GCam, so if You know any information or tutorial or something please let me know.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
The one in the tutorial is GCam v2.3, and I noticed before that it works on MediaTek. But newest GCam version is 7.3, so You know what I mean...

I will try to find a way to install newer GCam, so if You know any information or tutorial or something please let me know.
The google search that I suggested should still find something for you, just keep looking and read thoroughly through your search results and any information that you find. You should find something of you look deep enough. Try taking the time actually thoroughly read any threads you find, there may be useful information, you just have to read everything without skipping around or over anything, be very thorough, even if it takes a long time to read through the threads and info.

You are looking for a Gcam app that has been ported to work on other devices, not the standard Gcam app from Playstore.

Last edited:
Reactions: LGZACRO

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
Hi!

Good news (mostly)! I have found the app that works. Tried all developers apps and I found that this app https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02b-A10.apk or any other which has "A10" at the end does not crash.

I am able to shot panoramic, lens blur and photosphere images. However, in camera mode no photo is taking, when I switch to video mode the app crashes. Portrait mode and nightshot also does not seem to work...

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi!

Good news (mostly)! I have found the app that works. Tried all developers apps and I found that this app https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.6-Fu24_5Lens-02b-A10.apk or any other which has "A10" at the end does not crash.

I am able to shot panoramic, lens blur and photosphere images. However, in camera mode no photo is taking, when I switch to video mode the app crashes. Portrait mode and nightshot also does not seem to work...
If you have custom recovery(TWRP), try booting into recovery and wipe ONLY the cache partition and dalvik cache.

If you only have stock recovery, only wipe the cache partition.

DO NOT FACTORY RESET WHILE IN RECOVERY.

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
If you have custom recovery(TWRP), try booting into recovery and wipe ONLY the cache partition and dalvik cache.

If you only have stock recovery, only wipe the cache partition.

DO NOT FACTORY RESET WHILE IN RECOVERY.

Just tried this, unfortunatelly no success, nothing changed. I have stock rom + magisk and there is no twrp for it for a moment.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Just tried this, unfortunatelly no success, nothing changed. I have stock rom + magisk and there is no twrp for it for a moment.
Well, it is hard to say without knowing what is causing the issue.

I suggest you find a thread here that discusses installing or modifying Gcam and post your questions there. Members there may be more familiar with the issues involved with getting Gcam to work on other devices. It doesn't have to be a thread for installing on Mediatek.

If you can pull a logcat, upload it to pastebin or a similar hosting site and then find a thread for installing Gcam and ask your questions there, post a link to where you uploaded your logcat in that thread also, it may help the members there to understand why it isn't working for you.

Last edited:

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
Well, it is hard to say without knowing what is causing the issue.

I suggest you find a thread here that discusses installing or modifying Gcam and post your questions there. Members there may be more familiar with the issues involved with getting Gcam to work on other devices. It doesn't have to be a thread for installing on Mediatek.
Thanks I will try!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The google search that I suggested should still find something for you, just keep looking and read thoroughly through your search results and any information that you find. You should find something of you look deep enough. Try taking the time actually thoroughly read any threads you find, there may be useful information, you just have to read everything without skipping around or over anything, be very thorough, even if it takes a long time to read through the threads and info.

You are looking for a Gcam app that has been ported to work on other devices, not the standard Gcam app from Playstore.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone