Google Camera by Urnyx05

GameNCode

Jul 2, 2016
New version of GCam 8.1.008 is out!

Changelog:
- Pixel 2/2XL: Enabled 1080p as default Timelapse/enable 4k selection (drop down UI while in Timelapse mode)
- Pixel 3a/3aXL: Modified Portrait zoom to be the same as other Pixels
- Pixel 4a 5G/Pixel 5: Enabled Astrophotography on Ultra-Wide Angle
- Added max zoom level option
- Added NonZSL Frame Count Override option
- Add an option to disable Sabre (by default, it's enabled only on supported sensors)
- Added Shasta & Shasta Factor options
- Added countdown to regular Night Sight capture
- Fixed photosphere
- Fixed crash on those devices with wrong resolution on motion photos
- Fixed slow motion on Pixels
- Adjusted video bar size
- Fixed artifacts on Sabre
- Fixed colors on RAWs - now you can read the incorporated profile (thanks Savitar)
- Added a button to force astrophotography
- Cleaned up code

Here is the link to download:

This version was made in collaboration with CStark27 and John Galt.
Selfie cam crashes on Poco F2 Pro

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
It's a false positive, the reason is that we use obfuscapk, a tool that is used to obfuscate the smali code in order to avoid others to take our code. We'll see if we can avoid this report from TrustLook.
Thanks for the explanation. Hope you get this sorted.

Since many of us use multiple GCam mods, it would be helpful if you could allow saving of files in a custom folder, instead of the default DCIM/ Camera folder. This will be very useful to compare pics as otherwise we either forget which file came from which app, or we have to use complicated workarounds using EXIF data to identify the app for each file.

A simple setting like the one above will save a lot of hassle. Thanks.

kal1973

Jan 6, 2021
Version 8.1.008 working fine on POCO f2 Pro (even selfie camera) I'm on MIUI 12.0.4 (Android 10).

Whatsapp is missing from Social share, is it possible that we will see it in the future?

Also missing wide angle lens.

Thanks, Great job!

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Version 8.1.008 working fine on POCO f2 Pro (even selfie camera) I'm on MIUI 12.0.4 (Android 10).

Whatsapp is missing from Social share, is it possible that we will see it in the future?

Also missing wide angle lens.

Thanks, Great job!
Screenshot_20210114-025807.jpg

It is there. I'm using OnePlus 8T running on Android 11.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Maybe It's some MIUI thing (In version 8.0 it was the same)

I can't find the way to upload a photo but here it's what I see:

Quite strange. Since other apps are showing up, is there anything about WhatsApp that is different on your phone? Like you have set up parallel space or something (even then I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't show up just like the other apps).

You mean you are unable to share directly from the camera app to other apps, including those that you have enabled?

kal1973

Jan 6, 2021
Quite strange. Since other apps are showing up, is there anything about WhatsApp that is different on your phone? Like you have set up parallel space or something (even then I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't show up just like the other apps).

You mean you are unable to share directly from the camera app to other apps, including those that you have enabled?

What is unusual with my WhatsApp is that I am in beta but beyond that it is completely stock.

Exactly, directly from camera I can only share with that apps.

But don't worry, it is not a functionality that worries me, I always share the images from the gallery, not from the camera, I just commented on it in case it could be a bug.

The only thing I do really miss is the wide angle lens. Gcam 8.x is the best version so far I've used (both in functionalities and in image quality, and I'm a photographer, I have compared several versions and several different configuration files and 8.x is the best) but I use a lot Wide Angle and not having it is the only thing that makes this version not my main camera.

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
What is unusual with my WhatsApp is that I am in beta but beyond that it is completely stock.

Exactly, directly from camera I can only share with that apps.

But don't worry, it is not a functionality that worries me, I always share the images from the gallery, not from the camera, I just commented on it in case it could be a bug.

The only thing I do really miss is the wide angle lens. Gcam 8.x is the best version so far I've used (both in functionalities and in image quality, and I'm a photographer, I have compared several versions and several different configuration files and 8.x is the best) but I use a lot Wide Angle and not having it is the only thing that makes this version not my main camera.
Have you tried his other camera port 7.3 v2.5 here:

On my 8T, the wide angle lens works fine. But I have to enable the Telephoto switch under Advanced settings (since that build is not exactly for my phone model, the switch appears to be mapped incorrectly, but nevertheless works fine). I find that build better than that of Arnova's build.

I agree, this version 8.x is probably taking slightly better pictures, but I haven't tested it properly yet.

kal1973

Jan 6, 2021
Have you tried his other camera port 7.3 v2.5 here:

On my 8T, the wide angle lens works fine. But I have to enable the Telephoto switch under Advanced settings (since that build is not exactly for my phone model, the switch appears to be mapped incorrectly, but nevertheless works fine). I find that build better than that of Arnova's build.

I agree, this version 8.x is probably taking slightly better pictures, but I haven't tested it properly yet.
Yes, that is the version I currently use because in my experience it is the one that gives the best image quality of the ones I have tested in versions 7.x

Reactions: TheMystic

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
Can someone confirm if you have the brightness problem when shooting vidoes?

I have had this problem on all GCam mods on both OnePlus 3T earlier and 8T now. Brightness keeps shifting (gets brighter and darker every now and then). Happens on Urnyx, Arnova as well as the Pixel mods (8.x).

OAJ16

Sep 25, 2019
The Urnyx05: PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk (by cstark27, johngalt1, Urnyx05) is crashing as soon as it opens after giving it the permissions it asked. I am using OnePlus 6 Resurrection Remix A10.
I am rooted and also have urnyx v7.3 gcam disabled as its a system app and OnePlus Camera installed in my system.
I am attaching a log file for the crash. hope it helps

Attachments

Danilo1210

Jan 14, 2021
New version of GCam 8.1.008 is out!

Changelog:
- Pixel 2/2XL: Enabled 1080p as default Timelapse/enable 4k selection (drop down UI while in Timelapse mode)
- Pixel 3a/3aXL: Modified Portrait zoom to be the same as other Pixels
- Pixel 4a 5G/Pixel 5: Enabled Astrophotography on Ultra-Wide Angle
- Added max zoom level option
- Added NonZSL Frame Count Override option
- Add an option to disable Sabre (by default, it's enabled only on supported sensors)
- Added Shasta & Shasta Factor options
- Added countdown to regular Night Sight capture
- Fixed photosphere
- Fixed crash on those devices with wrong resolution on motion photos
- Fixed slow motion on Pixels
- Adjusted video bar size
- Fixed artifacts on Sabre
- Fixed colors on RAWs - now you can read the incorporated profile (thanks Savitar)
- Added a button to force astrophotography
- Cleaned up code

Here is the link to download:

This version was made in collaboration with CStark27 and John Galt.
hello, I wanted help with a problem I'm having, the front camera is leaving the photos with spots after processing the HDR +. Is there any way to fix this? my device is a moto g8 plus

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
@Urnyx05 - thanks a lot for new version of camera but it does not work for me. I needed to remove my default 7.x gcam by Parrot because it wanted to overwrite (update) it during install - codename conflict? Gcam 7.6 (V9) by Parrot or 8.1.101_A9_V0a by BSG are working (but second is buggy).

Tried to clear cache after install but without success. App is crashing immediately after launch.

Device: Redmi Note 4X (snapdragon)
ROM: LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11, 30th Dec. build)
Logcat: https://pastebin.com/4LBPEepB

Could you take a look on that?