Google Camera by Urnyx05

ccpower

Nov 21, 2016
OnePlus Nord, official LineageOS 17. Video recording not available in 4K with this camera mod, but Open Camera can record @ 4K. Anyone know what's up? The setting is there but recorded videos are always FullHD instead.

billy142

May 16, 2020
Hello, I unsuccessfully tried several versions of GCam on my HTC U11 Life (stock android one 10). All apps stuck immediately but with your last app (PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1) I can use front camera but not the rear one..Should I wait for updates or can I try something else?? thank you

vicaut

Jan 17, 2021
No picture taking possible above zoom level 40 on version 8.1 on poco f2. Rest works. Support for macro and wide, camera 3 and 4, needed as in version 7.3. Colour on night mode seems better than on 7.3, not so greenish.

rayray07

Aug 20, 2018
Hey there, this app is great but sadly its crashing on my oneplus 6 with custom kernel and idk whats the reason, hope you look into it.
Cheers

Andrex2309

Mar 6, 2020
Hi! I wanted to ask a question about the latest Gcam 8.1.
I've used it and it's honestly fine for now, but sometimes when shooting very bright scenarios (specially the front camera) it doesn't save the picture at all, this problem is familiar to me because I also had it on GCAM 7.3.
My phone is Mi 9T Pro.
Is there any way to save the picture also during these kinda unusual situations or it's just something that it's unavoidable?
Thank you for the great work, I wish you a good day.

vicaut

Jan 17, 2021
Hi! I wanted to ask a question about the latest Gcam 8.1.
I've used it and it's honestly fine for now, but sometimes when shooting very bright scenarios (specially the front camera) it doesn't save the picture at all, this problem is familiar to me because I also had it on GCAM 7.3.
My phone is Mi 9T Pro.
Is there any way to save the picture also during these kinda unusual situations or it's just something that it's unavoidable?
Thank you for the great work, I wish you a good day.
Disable synthetic fill flash, and reduce brightness (tap on the right side in the middle).

Reactions: Andrex2309

Andrex2309

Mar 6, 2020
Disable synthetic fill flash, and reduce brightness (tap on the right side in the middle).
Thank you, I'll try it out once I'm in one of those situations.
I hope it is enough to solve the problem, I had it with many gcams (7.x).

Edit: I tried it and in some situations it's still a problem unfortunately, I might try some really old Gcams (like 6.x) just to see if they have this problem as well or not.

Last edited:

ac130kz

Mar 25, 2015
Almaty

Google Camera Port

by @Urnyx05

This is a thread where I share my GCams and you can report me bugs.

How to report bugs:
If possible, post on a thread for your phone or here if you can't find a thread for your phone. Please describe the issue and give details about your setup:

- Camera2 Test (included description)
- Phone, ROM, any fixes installed;
- Name of the apk you're using;
- Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
- A logcat if there's a crash (How to save a logcat: video guide, advanced guide);
- Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;
- Mention me;

- Your report will be ignored if no logs or a good explanation is provided.
- I will do my best to fix bugs, but keep in mind that this is a free port and I also have my personal life.

How can I translate GCam in my language?

Check this website: https://urnyx05.oneskyapp.com

Credits:
- BSG for having started the port
- Arnova8G2 because he has helped me a lot in these months
- Savitar and IDan because they have been my teachers
- Celso for hosting all GCams in his site
- San1ty, Xtrme, Zoran, CStark, Tadi, Namok, Fahmi, Fu24, Eszdman, back.rider and every other modder who has helped me
- Google developers for having done a fantastic job with their own algorithms​
Hi! The latest version (8.1) keeps crashing as soon as I start it, important to mention that no issues whatsoever with the old 7.3 version. I'm running Pocophone F1 with HavocOS 3.12. I include a logcat of the crash (https://pastebin.com/hh1f37aN), and the result of Camera2 test.

Attachments

chisnz

Sep 29, 2010
Just noticed that the filenames created are in UTC timezone and not local time as they have been previously.
This is with 8.1 on Xiaomi Mi10T Pro.

Mr Paul

Apr 21, 2011
So after trying PXv8.1_GCam-v1.0.apk and PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk on my Oneplus 8Pro I can't find for the life of me how to activate the wide and tele cameras.

How to I enable the addiional lenses?

Thanks

Paul

LexKas

May 2, 2011
PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1 crashes everytime I try to use the front camera on my OnePlus 7 Pro.

Also, the view finder get stucked usually when I open the camera, even after clearing the cache.

Reactions: tobasium

absolutsam085

Nov 22, 2010
I have the s20 ultra and the latest v8.1 doesn't work. Just crashes every time I try to open it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but had no luck. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

qorrymarzuki

Oct 4, 2015
Semarang
New version of GCam 8.1.008 is out!

Changelog:
- Pixel 2/2XL: Enabled 1080p as default Timelapse/enable 4k selection (drop down UI while in Timelapse mode)
- Pixel 3a/3aXL: Modified Portrait zoom to be the same as other Pixels
- Pixel 4a 5G/Pixel 5: Enabled Astrophotography on Ultra-Wide Angle
- Added max zoom level option
- Added NonZSL Frame Count Override option
- Add an option to disable Sabre (by default, it's enabled only on supported sensors)
- Added Shasta & Shasta Factor options
- Added countdown to regular Night Sight capture
- Fixed photosphere
- Fixed crash on those devices with wrong resolution on motion photos
- Fixed slow motion on Pixels
- Adjusted video bar size
- Fixed artifacts on Sabre
- Fixed colors on RAWs - now you can read the incorporated profile (thanks Savitar)
- Added a button to force astrophotography
- Cleaned up code

Here is the link to download:

This version was made in collaboration with CStark27 and John Galt.
Force close when I open the app on OnePlus 6T

Shihab_Sharar

Oct 18, 2020
Not sure why but both version PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk and PXv8.1_GCam-v1.0.apk crashes immediately after opening the camera px app.
Does this not support Google pixel (sailfish)?

Phone: Google Pixel (sailfish)
Android version : 10
ROM : Stock
Apk : PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk
Video of crash : video link
logcat
Steps to reproduce :
Open the Camera PX app. Stay there for 2-3 seconds then the app crashses
@Urnyx05

Reactions: Art129x
Feb 25, 2016
Hyderabad
Not sure why but both version PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk and PXv8.1_GCam-v1.0.apk crashes immediately after opening the camera px app.
Does this not support Google pixel (sailfish)?

Phone: Google Pixel (sailfish)
Android version : 10
ROM : Stock
Apk : PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk
Video of crash : video link
logcat
Steps to reproduce :
Open the Camera PX app. Stay there for 2-3 seconds then the app crashses
@Urnyx05

Try long press and open as video... Then switch to camera... This works on pixel marlin...

Reactions: Shihab_Sharar
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone