Google Camera by Urnyx05

oraned

Apr 3, 2010
you can make google camera like samsung camera i mean the zoom options between x3 x8 x10 or something like that
i have pixel 4 xl

thank you

Pitada72

May 19, 2020
As a Nokia 7 plus user I managed a way to get access at app (with some reboots in the middle) I tried different camera models (no pixel 2 model available) . I could make video but couldn't save any photos (just a _PL....jpg file with 0 byte. If I force crash the app than I could see the photos but with low resolution...

lamerko

Dec 6, 2008
Mi 10T Pro / GCam 8.1 v1.1
- ultrawide and macro cameras are missing;
- the application crashes when a slow motion button is pressed;
- front camera (selfie) - a black screen is displayed when trying to record a video;

Everything else works great, maybe there is a need for fine-tuning the picture quality.

This phone model has two tetracell sensors - the main camera 108 <-> 27 MP (Samsung HMX) and selfie 20 <-> 5 MP (Samsung S5K3T2). Camera API2 shows them as 27 and 5 MP, respectively. Is there a way to work at full resolution?

Reactions: sonic_ear

sonic_ear

Jun 11, 2015
Mi 10T Pro / GCam 8.1 v1.1
- ultrawide and macro cameras are missing;
- the application crashes when a slow motion button is pressed;
- front camera (selfie) - a black screen is displayed when trying to record a video;

Everything else works great, maybe there is a need for fine-tuning the picture quality.

This phone model has two tetracell sensors - the main camera 108 <-> 27 MP (Samsung HMX) and selfie 20 <-> 5 MP (Samsung S5K3T2). Camera API2 shows them as 27 and 5 MP, respectively. Is there a way to work at full resolution?
Friendly reminder, this is port from Google Pixel Camera to another manufacturers devices. If Google doesn't have another mode, that's mean we ain't get one except dev have find out if it's can be implemented.

Reactions: fattox

lamerko

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, I agree with that, but as far as I understand, GCAM relies on Camera API2 as an interface with the hardware. For this reason, all third-party camera software has the same problem. My question is whether API2 will be extended to work with ISOCELL sensors?

rilut

Apr 2, 2012
Tried both PXv8.1_GCam-v1.1.apk and the recently released PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk.

on Xiaomi Mi A3 (Android 11, Camera2 API LEVEL_3):
- no issue, works great, I use it as my daily driver. Thank you for this wonderful gcam!

on Xiaomi Poco F1 (Android 10 MIUI 12, Camera2 API Full):
- app crashes on load
- opening app in the "Take a selfie" mode crashes
- opening app in the "Take a video" mode works fine & can record video just fine. it only crashes when I go back to Photo mode
- so, taking a video is fine, but taking photo is not

Note:
- both phones aren't rooted
- both Camera2 API levels are from their respective stock roms
- both phones use google play service rom their respective stock roms

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
@Urnyx05 hello, newer version 1.2 finally works on my phone, but photos on front camera are strangely blurred (on preview it looks fine). I tried to change interface/model to different pixels, disable/enable sabre or google awb. Face retouching is OFF.

Device: Redmi Note 4X (snapdragon)
ROM: LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11, 30th Dec. build)
Logcat: https://pastebin.com/fsvLi1Kw
Examples:
Could you take a look on that?

Jan 27, 2021
The Garden of England
Out of curiosity I have installed the latest version, and it works perfectly as far as photos is concerned. I've not tried video yet. With white balance set to IMX 586, on standard and telephoto rear lenses, and on the selfie cam, images are sharp with good colour.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 (Cepheus)
ROM: CRDroid 7.2 (Jan 12 build)
Firmware: 12.0.3.0 EU (can't find precise version)
Latest Magisk and Magisk Manager

Jul 19, 2010
@Urnyx05

V1.2 crashes as soon as it opens on Samsung S21 Ultra exynos 2100 phone.

The app loads, shows a preview from the camera and crashes.

Interestingly is does not crash if I long press and select take a video. I am able to record, zoom to 2x, view settings etc. I tried changing a whole lot of settings but it crashes as soon as I select a different mode other then video.

Pitada72

May 19, 2020
Nokia 7 plus user:
Hi, I tested already your new version 1.2 on Celso's page. After clean install only crash the slow motion mode. Don't save photos with HDR on (processing) but with HDR off I could shoot and save acceptable photos. (same quality as stock camera)
Thanks and keep it up (fixing processing hdr+)

[email protected]

Jul 12, 2015
Aloha, tested GCam 8.1 V1.2 on Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro without any problems so far. Tested various modes including night mode => no crash, files have been saved and look good and different using different modes. Thank you. Do you need someone to translate to German, then let me know?

Lermite

Dec 29, 2018
Saint Gervais d'Auvergne
I've found out why PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2 crashed as soon as I launched it on my Mi 9T.
It was because of the Magisk module EsMod_Mi9T_MSM_modified that's required by GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5 to take photo using the main sensor full resolution (48M).
With this module disabled, PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2 works almost flawlessly.

I managed to make it crash by selected the active stabilization mode then zooming while I recorded a video.

It handles very well the main sensor, with an efficient zoom that works even in video mode: amazing!
But it doesn't allow to use the secondary sensors (x0.6 and x2). Its zoom feature using the main sensor makes the x2 one useless but I miss the x0.6 :(

I've also gotten a crash when I've enabled the selfie sensor unintentionally while I was doing something else (taking a video or pictures, I don't remember): obviously an edge case. I don't care about this one anyway, as I never use the front sensor (I hate selfies)

I yet have to check the pictures and videos quality in daylight but this version of Gcam is already entertaining :)