Google Camera by Urnyx05

Search This thread

GKaiseR08

Sep 24, 2017
Guys I need help. I'm trying to install the new Urynx mod but it says app not installed. Previously I have two mods from two different developers, parrot and Urynx (old version), yet now I cant install the new mod. I cleared cache and data of the previous version before uninstalling. How do I fix this?

malowz

Jan 20, 2015
looks like there is some "incompatibility" between the new Parrot builds and Urynx. if the Parrot is installed, the Urynx will fail to install

gaurravv5

Jan 16, 2013
Can you add option for JPEG qaulity 100%

Hi @Urnyx05,

The latest 7.2 build is awesome and very stable. Just if you could add an option to select jpeg quality we want for final image as I think currently its not 100% and I like photos be really high quality with lots of details. Thanks in advance

Reactions: gabricco

Bolumstar

May 10, 2015
Port Harcourt
youtube.com
Thanks again @Urnyx05 for your great work.
Urnyx05 Gcam 7.2 v2.1 for Realme X2
Interestingly before now, on v1.4 worked for Realme X2 every other release weren't usable so sometimes, we just have to be patient with the developer. Wide angle lens has never worked on the Realme X2 but I don't care much about that once the main and front camera works okay.
I took time to highlight the new improvements on the v2.1 including being able to take good portrait pictures of inanimate objects, improved HDR, perfect color reproduction, cleaner edge detection, config file save/restore and lots more....
With the unending and repeated questions I get on YouTube about Gcam, I do pity the OP here. Would like to make small donation as a thank you token to the dev.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Thanks again @Urnyx05 for your great work.
Urnyx05 Gcam 7.2 v2.1 for Realme X2
Interestingly before now, on v1.4 worked for Realme X2 every other release weren't usable so sometimes, we just have to be patient with the developer. Wide angle lens has never worked on the Realme X2 but I don't care much about that once the main and front camera works okay.
I took time to highlight the new improvements on the v2.1 including being able to take good portrait pictures of inanimate objects, improved HDR, perfect color reproduction, cleaner edge detection, config file save/restore and lots more....
With the unending and repeated questions I get on YouTube about Gcam, I do pity the OP here. Would like to make small donation as a thank you token to the dev.

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
Hi @Urnyx05,

The latest 7.2 build is awesome and very stable. Just if you could add an option to select jpeg quality we want for final image as I think currently its not 100% and I like photos be really high quality with lots of details. Thanks in advance
[FONT=&quot]FWIW, gaurravv5, JPEG format is a lossy compressed file format. I would opt for TIFF, which is the highest quality image format -- for images you want to store without losing details. Note that TIFF files are larger, but the extra sizes they take up are worth it to me.[/FONT]

gaurravv5

Jan 16, 2013
[FONT=&quot]FWIW, gaurravv5, JPEG format is a lossy compressed file format. I would opt for TIFF, which is the highest quality image format -- for images you want to store without losing details. Note that TIFF files are larger, but the extra sizes they take up are worth it to me.[/FONT]

Yes I know, but I don't want to take that much pain for every image I take to convert to a social media sharable format :rolleyes:. I think a 100% jpeg format would do just fine :)

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Yes I know, but I don't want to take that much pain for every image I take to convert to a social media sharable format :rolleyes:. I think a 100% jpeg format would do just fine :)

Urnyx05 uses 95% by default. On my own tests, I couldn't see any visual difference after 97%, only a bigger file size (sometimes twice as big).

Also, as far as I know all social/chatting apps compress images: facebook, snapchat, imgur, whatsapp, telegram, reddit, etc. Only twitter recently started showing uncompressed files (link), but only if it meets certain conditions (eg: file can't be bigger than 5MB).

But if you really need 100% JPG quality for some reason, try UltraM8's version. It's essentially Urnyx's version with some small changes and he uses 100% by default.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eddiemc

gaurravv5

Jan 16, 2013
Urnyx05 uses 95% by default. On my own tests, I couldn't see any visual difference after 97%, only a bigger file size (sometimes twice as big).

Also, as far as I know all social/chatting apps compress images: facebook, snapchat, imgur, whatsapp, telegram, reddit, etc. Only twitter recently started showing uncompressed files (link), but only if it meets certain conditions (eg: file can't be bigger than 5MB).

But if you really need 100% JPG quality for reason, try UltraM8's version. It's essentially Urnyx's version with some small changes and he uses 100% by default.

Yeah, but Instagram is mainly my thing and I have seen the difference between editing a 100% jpeg and 95% jpeg. But yes I would try that UltraM8 if it doesn't require root. Else I would really like if @Urnyx05 add 100% jpeg option.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

But if you really need 100% JPG quality for reason, try UltraM8's version. It's essentially Urnyx's version with some small changes and he uses 100% by default.

Yeah, but Instagram is mainly my thing and I have seen the difference between editing a 100% jpeg and 95% jpeg. But yes I would try that UltraM8 if it doesn't require root. Else I would really like if @Urnyx05 add 100% jpeg option.

razumovich

Sep 16, 2019
Hi @Urnyx05,

You could also have a look at the mods by Burial (a Russian speaking dev). In his latest release, 4 days ago (version 6) he added JPG compression quality choice.
The mods from Burial are described as being (largely) based on the builds from Urnyx05 and are updated accordingly (the base). So, yes, XML support is present. Urnyx05 also kindly helps Burial to advance.
There are some finer differences in the fabrics of these apps though (e.g., library version...); they are explained in the discussions in the GCamMi9 telegram channel.
Anyway, I am a bit in a hurry, sorry. Here is the recently created landing page @celso:
P.S. well, I am a new user here and obviously not yet "allowed" to post external links, just found out. :)
Nevermind, it is easy to find (Burial@celsoazevedo).
"To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"
##
Cheers.:highfive:

Last edited:

rv111

Jan 25, 2020
tcl plex?

Hi there, which version is best for TCL Plex? Someone had asked earlier, but I could not find a response? Thanks in advance

kostasr500

Jan 25, 2020
Crush problem

I have a Meizu Note 9 with snapdragon 675 and android 9. I have installed the latest gcam 7.2 (Version - 2.1).

Every time I take a picture with my back camera it crashes and I get a black picture in my gallery. For some reason, when I take photos with the selfie camera everything works just fine. The app stops working only when I take photos with the back camera.

Last edited:

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Does anyone know how to enable motion photo on Urnyx 2.1?

motion-7.png

You need Google Photos to see the moving part of the picture though. Also, Motion Photos only works with regular HDR, not HDR Enhanced.

Reactions: thomasnsr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google-Camera-AA-810x298_c.jpg

Google Camera Port

by @Urnyx05

This is a thread where I share my GCams and you can report me bugs.

How to report bugs:
    If possible, post on a thread for your phone or here if you can't find a thread for your phone. Please describe the issue and give details about your setup:

- Camera2 Test (included description)
    - Phone, ROM, any fixes installed;
    - Name of the apk you're using;
    - Screenshots or video recordings of the bug if you're able to;
    - A logcat if there's a crash (How to save a logcat: video guide, advanced guide);
    - Steps to reproduce the bug/crash;
    - Mention me;

- Your report will be ignored if no logs or a good explanation is provided.
    - I will do my best to fix bugs, but keep in mind that this is a free port and I also have my personal life.

How can I translate GCam in my language?
    Check this website: https://urnyx05.oneskyapp.com

Credits:
    - BSG for having started the port
    - Arnova8G2 because he has helped me a lot in these months
    - Savitar and IDan because they have been my teachers
    - Celso for hosting all GCams in his site
    - San1ty, Xtrme, Zoran, CStark, Tadi, Namok, Fahmi, Fu24, Eszdman, back.rider and every other modder who has helped me
    - Google developers for having done a fantastic job with their own algorithms​
    Available versions

GCam 7.3.018

• Version 2.4
      Changelog:
      - Partially fixed videos on aux lenses (it works only at 4k resolution)
      - Added IMX686 AWB extracted from Poco F2 Pro libraries
      - Added an option to enable logcat in order to help development even for unrooted devices
      - Fixed dots on ultrawide sensor of Poco F2 Pro
      - Disabled dot fix on OP5 aux lens
      - Added an option to change the intensity of dotfix algorythm on Poco F2 Pro
      Link to download

GCam 7.2.010

• Version 2.3
      Changelog:
      - Fixed aux IDs on LG, Motorola and Lenovo devices
      - Fixed crash on BQ and Nokia devices
      Link to download

GCam 6.3.017 - Urnyx05 & Xtrme

• Version 0.6
      Changelog:
      - Forced Pixel 3 AWB everywhere
      - It can be installed side by side with my GCam and Xtrme's one
      Link to download

GCam 6.2.030

• Version 2.5
      Changelog:
      - Fix 60 FPS on Indian K20/20 Pro
      - Added support for dot fix on Realme 2 Pro (you need root and this Magisk module to fix dots - thanks to Wyroczen for having modded the lib)
      - Added switch for 12/48 MP on Mi9 (you must use Eszdman's Magisk module, remembering there's a bug in videos due to which EIS doesn't work using stock camera)
      - Increased maximum allocated memory
      Link to download
    New update of GCam 7.2.010 is out!

Changelog:
    - Changed the way how to use HDR+ Enhanced in portrait mode (now there's the same switch as normal camera mode) - thanks Arnova
    - Fixed crash on Realme X2 Pro, OP7T Pro McLaren, RN8 Pro (begonia) and Samsung devices (only Snapdragon ones)
    - Forced RAW10 on front camera of OP6/6T
    - Added the option to enable/disable Google Photos
    - Fixed astrophotography on OP6 and OP7 series (thanks Parrot)
    - Fixed resolution on aux lens for Mi9T/9T Pro (thanks Burial)
    - Fixed crash on OP7 series using some custom ROMs

Here is the link to download:
    https://mega.nz/#!1rxWla7R!ZkLFXG02Wh9SjX9Mah9nrEjThLxHYdaoxQEnXFmzn44

Merry Christmas to everybody ;)

Changelog:
    - Fixed green tint on front camera on Mi5, Mi5S and several other devices
    - Added Bengali, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish translations (thanks to all the translators)
    - Increased max allocated memory (it can improve speed on some mid/low range phones)
    - Now the option to show HDR+/HDR+ Enhanced switch is ON by default

https://mega.nz/#!5y51wSiJ!GfcbWynZUcMVyaI4Sq790mctiFXvWkpnt90sCaGnfSA

If you want to help translating the app, check this link:
    https://urnyx05.oneskyapp.com

Happy New Year to everybody ;)

Changelog:
    - Fixed aux IDs on LG, Motorola and Lenovo devices
    - Fixed crash on BQ and Nokia devices

https://mega.nz/#!07gUHC6C!DLtt9F8iDyssW-DYKwPeFTAe8ETEJ643LqBE1Ug7Ols

This is my last update based on 7.2.010. Now, I'm going to move to GCam 7.3 as soon as possible.