• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

Google Camera for Op7 Pro

Sammmtyagi

Apr 22, 2018
Hello everyone, I am creating this thread to provide the stable and beta builds of gcam, to avoid confusion and to keep the forums clean.

Thank you @S4turno(Celso) for hosting, mirroring, translating and sharing all a to z Gcam..

Special Thanks to @Arnova8G2 for all his support and hardwork !!!!

FAQ GOOGLE CAM-

I CAN'T INSTALL X VERSION, WHY?
Make sure you uninstall every other GCam Port on your phone. You can't have two 6.1 gcam versions installed.

HOW DO YOU SWITCH BETWEEN CAMERAS?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/127r0_UNKMNY5MN5OrWYZISEleK8cZj4x/view?usp=drivesdk

HOW DO YOU USE NIGHTSIGHT WITH THE DIFFERENT LENS?
Select the lens in main mode, switch to Night Mode, then double tap the Camera Switch Button.

WHY THE FRONT CAMERA IS 4MP AND BACK CAMERA 12MP ?
Selfie camera uses pixel binning, same as for the main sensor. Since camera2api implementation only delivers a 4MP raw stream (16MP/4 = 4MP because of pixel binning)
GCam can only work with what raw stream the API delivers.
Same goes for back cam.

WHICH GCAM IS THE BEST ?
There is no best gcam. There are stable and beta builds which work fine for daily usage, but not the best. There may be some crashes here and there.

WHICH XML IS THE BEST ?
The xmls provided in the folder whose link is given below are the best at the moment.

HOW TO USE XML ?
A link to Celso Azevedo site is given below which clearly explains how to import and export xmls.
Mod Edit: Link removed

WHY COLOURS ARE DULL ??
Sometimes the settings may not be applied by the xmls, and in 6.2 gcam, you need to manually set saturation levels.
Also changing awb can help.
Use the xml.
Use the settings from the given screenshots for 6.2 gcam.

WHY CAMERA CRASHES ?
Changes in libs may cause crashes, in such a case clear app data.

WHY AUX CAMERAS ARE NOT WORKING ?
You need ROOTED DEVICE for now to use aux cameras.

METHODS TO USE AUX CAMERAS- There are 2 methods:-
1) Setting selinux to permissive by-
1a) Using nfs injector magisk module or renovate ice magisk rom.
1b) Using custom kernels like Kirisakura or Smurf
2) Installing gcam as a system app-
2a(Install any of the 6.1 gcam app as a standard user app by installing the apk as you would normally.
2b)Open the camera app and enable the usual set of permissions (local storage, camera, etc.)
3)Use the magisk module given below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lwuT8koKQG3dod9nW2xzVHxWGQR-K3W/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

smallberlin

Feb 10, 2019
I have LOS17 and Magisk installed with AUX fix, but Gcam always instantly crashes, can someone help me?

EDIT: solved sorry!

Last edited:

Robdyx

Jun 15, 2010
Llangréu
Hey guys, I'm trying the Wichaya v2.7.3, fresh install and it works properly. I set the corresponding .xml and everything working like a charm. then I close the app and next time I try to open it the image is black (like it's not retrieving the feed from the camera, still can see the interface) and the app FCs after 2-3 seconds. Nothing restored functionality, deleting storage or even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Do you have any idea about what's going on?

Lazo00

Sep 7, 2020
Hi people, I tried a lot of GCams (Arnova, Wichaya, Nikita, MGC, UltraCVM) on my OP 7 pro and the RAW files produced by almost all of them can't be opened on Lightroom, Photoshop and others apps, both on Android and PC. The RAW files generated by UltraCVM and the stock camera app do work well. I tried to remove the cameracalibration sections from Exif as I saw in another post but it didn't work. Is anyone else facing the same issue? Does it means that it is something related with the GCam ports or my phone? I believe it's something in the ports as UltraCVM generate good files, but I'm complete new to the GCam world, and I would like to use one of the ports that allow Aux Lenses, UltraCvm doesn't allow it yet.
Thx in advance for the help!

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette
Here is my feedback... Maybe will help someone. Wish there was more feedback about different versions and configs from other OP7PRO users.
After 6 months or so, I decided to try the recent builds. I tried about 10 different apks and about 20 xml config files. Tested mostly against the latest stock OP camera (V 3.10.25). I'm not after the truest color reproduction or best of the best skin tones. I was looking for setup that works most of the time regardless of the subject and light and looks "better" than stock camera. I don't tweak configs much myself, because it takes too much time too compare the differences trying to find the optimal. I really appreciate the work others are doing in that regard. I only use HDR+ (not enhanced), because enhanced photo processing takes too much time and I miss the shots. Burial version with his config I liked the best because I see the most amount of details and overall image looks good. In his config for telephoto lens I had to turn off Sabre, otherwise cam crashed after taking picture with the telephoto lens. So my current choice is:

Cam: GCam_7.3 Burial_release_beta_8.apk
Config: burial8_v2_op7pro-aryan.xml (modified)
Phone: OP 7 Pro, rooted, with magisk to enable AUX cameras.

Files can be found on www.celsoazevedo.com

Compared to stock: More details (not too much NC), not too much contrast, better nightsight, faster shutter speeds (less blur), can choose video bitrate for smaller video files. Definitely a winner in my eyes. In some very contrast situations HDR on stock camera might look slightly better, but more often gcam still wins (again in my eyes). In very low light conditions stock camera goes to much lower shutter speeds (almost like nightscape) compared to gcam (that instead only tells you to turn on the nighsight), so stock can look much better if you don't turn on the nightsight mode on gcam.

New versions come out every couple of weeks, so this info might be useful only for a short period of time.
I tried your recommendation and this is first GCam that I am happy with on my OP7pro. For example, Portraits in low light blow away stock. Sharper, less blur. The extra functions (photo sphere, time lapse, etc don't work, but I don't use those). Thanks again for posting this!

Last edited:

Redfoot0

Oct 5, 2016
Hi, interested in getting a 7Pro since prices are coming down
Really want the wide/ultra wide lense capabilities.

It's rooting required to get this working with magisk module?
I just did exactly that, no root/magisk module required. Don't expect it to be amazing but it's definitely improved over stock. For me, I might need to screw around with the settings more to brighten up low light photos esp of people but level of detail in the photos is great

sunrise77

Jun 20, 2018
NYC
When I switch to the front camera, GCam crashes.

I already tried different APKs, clearing app data...
The front camera works in other apps (stock LineageOS camera and OpenCamera).
The other back cameras (wide/tele) work too in GCam, just not the front camera.

Any ideas?

Sammmtyagi

Apr 22, 2018

The link below will provide the Gcams working-!!
THERE ARE 1) XCAM BETA 11
2) GCAM 6.2 WITH XML SUPPORT
3) GCAM 7 BETA
IN THE FOLDERS WHICH THE LINK BELOW PROVIDES !!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-FAjRY4S5PIBnL2vsf0Fm-pVw3QwOi2s

Another link for xmls-
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/oneplus-7-pro/

*These are the stable gcam, everything works perfectly except slow motion, stable for daily usage, also they support auxiliary cameras.

If you want to use aux cameras in
night sight and video mode, use xcam.

TO USE XML ON 6.2, LOAD XML TWICE!!

A quick guide on how to use xmls. -

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/settings09/
Thanks to @S4turno

Urnyx 6.2 (No XML SUPPORT)(STABLE)-
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam-6.2.030_Arnova8G2_Urnyx05-v2.4.apk

Urnyx 7.2 (No XML Support)(STABLE)-

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v1.3.apk

Star Cam based on Gcam 7 (STABLE)-

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/GCam_7.0.009_StarCam_v1.apk

*For gcam 6.2-
Firstly, after installing apk, go to settings, go to about and enable "Enable Advanced Mode"
*For 6.2 Urnyx gcam-
It is a simplistic mod, not much to edit.
Guide:
- How to use manual controls?
- First of all, you must use HDR+ Enhanced. Then, enable the options in settings to show the sliders (only the 1st time). When you are in viewfinder to take a photo, click on "Pro" button to join the pro mode, where you can see all the sliders. Now, you can set any values you want. At the end, tap on the screen to apply changes (otherwise it won't work)

NOTE-
1) Only this version of 6.2 supports xmls-
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.2beta2.190907.0540.apk
2) Slow motion doesn't work for now.
3) Lens distortion in wide lens.

How to have multiple gcams installed-
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/how-to-duplicate-clone-apps/

Last edited:

rasik80

Jun 27, 2014
Do your versions support 4k video @ 60fps in normal and also in ultra wide mode?

The version of the other thread can switch to 60fps but actually the video is still recorded at 30

Sammmtyagi

Apr 22, 2018
Do your versions support 4k video @ 60fps in normal and also in ultra wide mode?

The version of the other thread can switch to 60fps but actually the video is still recorded at 30
Hey, yes the 4k 60fps works but only with main cam, 4k works with aux cameras but only on 30fps.

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
Thanks! This works great....running intl version rom on tmobile op7pro with elementalX kernel... Used the desaturated xml, looks good. Also turned down saturation for main back camera as it was still a tad high....its weird because in viewfinder(screen) it looks ok, its only when the photo is processed is where saturation gets boosted....those settings are under "advanced" " highlight saturation" 1.3 and for "highlight shadows" 1.1 .....for anyone that wants to know. Also turned up jpeg quality to 100

Reactions: dogkanos

Sammmtyagi

Apr 22, 2018
Good luck @Sammmtyagi ! And thanks for your hard work!

Guys...

PLEASE READ ALL WHAT IS WRITTEN IN OP'S INITIAL THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. QUESTIONS THAT DON'T HAVE ANSWERS IN THE FIRST POST WILL BE ADDED . ALSO IT'S AN ONGOING SUBJECT WITH POSSIBILITIES TO CHANGE

Thank you...
Thank you brother, your tests also helped me, making the thread..
????

Reactions: SAO

ericthered926

Dec 1, 2018
I've noticed in 6.1 that motion photos don't work and portrait mode crashes in the selfie camera. Aside from that, this is the best gcam I've used so far!

ledvedder

Feb 15, 2013
Check the second post, it's clearly available..
Sorry, I probably should have made my question more clear. I have the app installed. But where can I find it in my phone's directory to move it to /system/priv-app, in order to get aux camera working?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone