Google camera for Samsung Galaxy A50

Search This thread

Anjancse

Mar 4, 2019
Hi,
Does anyone know a version of Google Camera working for Samsung Galaxy A50 (Exynos 9610 Octa core) 2019 android 9.0?

Thanks.

mkp980

Jun 3, 2018
There is GCAM for A50

Here is the link.Try this.

f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_5.1.018.177470874.41362666_IDan_N6_4.1_fix.apk

Portrait is not working currently, don't know if any settings in developer mode make that work.

mkp980

Jun 3, 2018
Change in advance settings may help.

Stable but older version. No nightshift and Portrait mode not working.

Try changing advanced settings for portrait mode,it may help.There are lot of options in settings menu.

There is actually a new version with night mode too,but night mode is not working with default settings,we need to try all combinations in settings. Here is the link.

f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_1.2_test_fix_Exynos.apk

this is not for one ui, but it still work. by default settings only video will work, try other settings..

Last edited:

blacksky89

Jan 10, 2011
Pune
Try changing advanced settings for portrait mode,it may help.There are lot of options in settings menu.

There is actually a new version with night mode too,but night mode is not working with default settings,we need to try all combinations in settings. Here is the link.

f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova_TlnNeun_1.2_test_fix_Exynos.apk

this is not for one ui, but it still work. by default settings only video will work, try other settings..
Tried almost all settings, none of them work for portraits and NS. Even the older versions take photo but doesn't process HDR+.

THIYAGUSRAJAN

Mar 16, 2019
Samsung A50

camera worst quality so please help me for good app or Google camera .. photo size not more than 3.5mb:(:(

xdsarkar

Mar 24, 2019
Increase the quality

camera worst quality so please help me for a good app or Google camera .. photo size not more than 3.5mb:(:(

To address your issue, I'm going to suggest you to change the aspect ratio. It's currently 9:16, right? So, you have multiple ratios available to choose from. So, the ratio that has the most pixels is the "3:4H". This is the highest you can get on your A50. Now you get crispier photos with larger photo size. Hope it helps! :laugh:

Reactions: chonkeys

dk2906pawar

Mar 25, 2019
I tried Gcam 6.1.02 1_advanced ,,,all fine except for portrait and night sight,,,definitely something to do with settings ,,am not sure

arvind7955

Apr 14, 2015
Rohtak
I tried latest Arnova version of gcam. While changing modes of camera, camera lens moves backward. You can confirm by seeing the movement through camera glass.
I am not sure if it is safe for the camera hardware or not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stop posting about working on Google Camera Port for Galaxy A50. Arnova version 6.1 is working perfectly on Galaxy A50 but the reason why Night Sight and Portrait mode aren't working is due that Level 3 Camera 2API from the phone is not enabled.

We have to wait until TWRP and Magisk are fixed on our phone variant because most of the people are ecountering issues with the phone stuck at Samsung Logo. When it is going to be fixed we're going to be able to enable Camera 2API Level 3 via ADB Tools or editing securely build.prop
    Yes, good news actually. Someone is working on it with WIP features in testing.
    》 I was able to mod this Xcam apk for Galaxy A50 which has toggle for switching into wide angle lens in settings. You can also use Nightsight using wide angle lens.
    》 Still unable to figure out as to how to enable camera2api level_3 on A50 ( Not in my domain of development ).
    》 For working Wide angle lens switch, Hdr, portrait & Nightsight, you'll need to enable Camera2api level_3 on A50.
    You can use this camera directly if anyone fixes the camera2api problem.
    》 Fixed crashes, picture not clicking, Camera2api enable toggle fixed & activated, fixed focusing issues, fixed 4k recording crashes, fixed sampling override, fixed slow-mo, playground mode enabled, working exposure control, added Xlibs, enabled exact resolution sizes & various other bug fixes for Galaxy A50 in settings.

Here's the dwonload link :
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-52OuACKo4hHr8oL53-o7miYO8Ko9WfJ

》 Also apply the xml file provided in the link above for proper working of this mod.
    [ Copy paste the xml file in Gcam folder in device memory ].

You need to enable Camera2api level_3 for working of this mod and the method to enable it isn't known as of now. I've modded this gcam for compatibility with Galaxy A50. You can use it in future, if/when somebody finds out a way to enable camera2api level_3 on Galaxy A50

//Special thanks to Arnova for providing V8T base for development//

Cheers !

Gcam Developer's aren't even looking at A50 it seems
    RedmiN8 pro even with Mediatek chipset received Gcam mod within a week which is insane.
    Idk why is that so as A50 is clearly a good device from Samsung.

And as far as I know, it's even difficult to mod Gcam for Mediatek than Exynos Socs. N8pro is the first Mediatek device as far as I remember to get Gcam mod.

Sad reality, but no improvements as of now.

I'll be honest !
    One reply I did go from a renowned Gcam modder stating "Samsung users generally don't even request us for a Gcam port. While redmi users literally spam our inbox full of requests asserting a sense of popularity. Hence, the Gcam ports are usually ready for latest redmi devices within a week or so"

That's a good thing for Redmi user but not so much so for a Samsung user.
    But yes, a certain number of requests to the Gcam modders might change the situation.

Talking about A50, it seems to have problem unlocking level_3 & other minor Camera2api issues.
    But again, no one's looking, it seems.

I can mod the Gcam port for A50 myself, but someone needs to sort this API issue out first.

Cheers !
    Latest Arnova's Advanced apk works (without the Portrait & NIght sight)..
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-arnova8G2/

These modes don't work probably because of the limited Google Camera2 API support..
    Let me know if there's a working GCAM with Portrait and NIght sight or a solution to this API mess!!