Google Camera for the OnePlus 8T

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK

Google Camera Port
Stable versions and configs for the OnePlus 8T.

While quality on mobile devices has improved a lot in the past few years, Google Camera is often able to produce more detailed photos with better dynamic range. Let's use this thread to compile good/stable GCam versions for the OnePlus 8T.

Features:

- HDR+ Enhanced, Night Mode, Astrophotography, Portrait Mode, Timelapse, Motion Photos, Lens Blur, Panorama, Photo Sphere, Photobooth, Motion tracking.
- Video, Timelapse, Slow motion.
- All auxiliary cameras work, except the depth camera.
- AR Playground/Stickers (follow this guide).

Bugs:

- Video quality is better on the stock camera, specially video stabilisation and slow motion.
- Switching between cameras is still a bit buggy in some versions.

Downloads:

GCam 7.3/7.4 (Android 9+):

- Install the "org.codeaurora.snapcam" version of each apk. It's the only that supports the extra cameras.
- To avoid issues when viewing media from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (can be used without uploads/Google Account).

- ⭐Wichaya: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1 (2020-12-15, configs)
- Nikita: NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 (2020-12-06, configs)

I'll try to keep this post updated with info from the telegram group, but please, leave feedback.

To devs like Arnova8G2, BSG, Urnyx05, defcomg, and many other modders and testers that have contributed over the years.

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
For people looking for the latest GCam, Arnova8G2 released two updates based on GCam 8.1:

Keep in mind that this is still a new base and lacks the features and stability of older versions. I wouldn't use it as the main camera app.

Boing7898

Aug 10, 2011
Is there a way to view media from GCam without installing Google Photos? I love GCam but I would like to avoid Google Photos. I heard there was an option in dev called "camera.use_photos" but I can't find it.

Crazy_Oni

Feb 1, 2011
Bonn
Here you have the list from celsoazevedo of Versions for the OnePlus 8 / 8T / 8 Pro Series.

Seems like the Nikita Version is missing? looks like its not really actual.

Which config file would you suggest? For onplus 8 or for oneplus 8 pro?

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
Here you have the list from celsoazevedo of Versions for the OnePlus 8 / 8T / 8 Pro Series.

Seems like the Nikita Version is missing? looks like its not really actual.

Which config file would you suggest? For onplus 8 or for oneplus 8 pro?
There are lots of versions that work on OnePlus phones, so it's normal not to list all apks. It can be confusing for new users.

Then there's the GCam base. Nikita is based on Arnova's version (or at least relies on a lot of code), so when suggesting one, you may not have to suggest the other. Same with Wichaya (based on Urnyx's version).

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
Is there a way to view media from GCam without installing Google Photos? I love GCam but I would like to avoid Google Photos. I heard there was an option in dev called "camera.use_photos" but I can't find it.
Google removed the internal gallery with GCam 7.3, so you'll need Google Photos or an external gallery. It can be the default one on your phone, but not all gallery apps deal with the processing delay very well and it can be annoying to see the last picture.

Explore the settings menu of the app you're using and try to find the setting to use a 3rd party gallery. Then, when viewing a picture/video from inside GCam, Android should ask you which gallery you want to use.

I use Gallery Go as it works better than Google Photos for me. It's also from Google, but it doesn't have any of the login/upload stuff.

Don and

Jan 30, 2021
Hello
I have tried to find one that works with oneplus 8t, but so far for example wide angle don't work.
Anyone that have a 8t where it works?

Last edited:

Don and

Jan 30, 2021
I remember using Wichaya (the snapcam apk) the wide lens working very well
That's the one I tried really many times. Snapchat version.
(I also tried some of the others with nu luck)
I have installed the xml file and can choose it.
When I press wide, the screen turn black and the app close down after a few seconds.

Main camera works.
I think, maybe I'm wrong? that it works on 8 pro, or something, be course I can choose tele and macro. (If I do that, same happens as when I try to use wide)
I also tried to change what camera to use in settings.

Caltinpla

Sep 16, 2014
Garden State
That's the one I tried really many times. Snapchat version.
(I also tried some of the others with nu luck)
I have installed the xml file and can choose it.
When I press wide, the screen turn black and the app close down after a few seconds.

Main camera works.
I think, maybe I'm wrong? that it works on 8 pro, or something, be course I can choose tele and macro. (If I do that, same happens as when I try to use wide)
I also tried to change what camera to use in settings.
Are you rooted? I have no issues with face, wide, and main shooting but only tele forced close the app.