• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Google Camera for the OnePlus 8T

Search This thread

tulei

Jun 4, 2021
google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
Stable versions and configs for the OnePlus 8T.

While quality on mobile devices has improved a lot in the past few years, Google Camera is often able to produce more detailed photos with better dynamic range. Let's use this thread to compile good/stable GCam versions for the OnePlus 8T.

Features:

- HDR+ Enhanced, Night Mode, Astrophotography, Portrait Mode, Timelapse, Motion Photos, Lens Blur, Panorama, Photo Sphere, Photobooth, Motion tracking.
- Video, Timelapse, Slow motion.
- All auxiliary cameras work, except the depth camera.
- AR Playground/Stickers (follow this guide).

Bugs:

- Video quality is better on the stock camera, specially video stabilisation and slow motion.
- Switching between cameras is still a bit buggy in some versions.

Downloads:

Notes:
- WARNING: On Android 11, you need to use the "snapcam" package in order to use all cameras.
- To avoid issues when viewing media from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (can be used without uploads/Google Account).

GCam 8 (Android 10+):

- Arnova8G2: GCam_6.210406.0204build-8.1.101.apk (2021-05-02, configs)

GCam 7 (Android 9+):

- ⭐Wichaya: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1 (2020-12-15, configs)
- Nikita: NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 (2020-12-06, configs)

I'll try to keep this post updated with info from the telegram group, but please, leave feedback.

To devs like Arnova8G2, BSG, Urnyx05, defcomg, and many other modders and testers that have contributed over the years.
Hello, I use Google camera apk in this post, it has a bug, after take photo, can't browse photo in software interface, when press browse button, photo pop up and browse interface close, all apk in this post I used and all have this bug, phone os is Hydrogen OS 11.0.8.13.KB05, attachment is log.

equi_design

Sep 20, 2009
FL
Google Nexus 4
HTC Sensation
Hello, I use Google camera apk in this post, it has a bug, after take photo, can't browse photo in software interface, when press browse button, photo pop up and browse interface close, all apk in this post I used and all have this bug, phone os is Hydrogen OS 11.0.8.13.KB05, attachment is log.
Have you set your default Gallery app (open Phone Settings > Apps & Notifications > Default Apps)?
Also be sure to open the camera app itself, & go to Settings > Extras > Enable third party gallery.

tulei

Jun 4, 2021
Have you set your default Gallery app (open Phone Settings > Apps & Notifications > Default Apps)?
Also be sure to open the camera app itself, & go to Settings > Extras > Enable third party gallery.
I solved it by myself, because I forget install Google Photos app, after install Google Photos app, I can browse photo that app taked, thanks everyone.

TheZorg

Nov 25, 2012
HTC One (m7)
Moto E 2015
I have installed Arnova8G2 cam from the forst post, but I'm unable to pick a config. The app tells me that there is no space left on the device. ( about 60GB free)
Did someone have the same problem?
Linage OS 18.1 Android 11.
Had the same issue. Go to Android settings > Apps & Notifications > See all apps and then tap on the Google Camera app. Inside the permissions submenu, change the Files and Media setting to "allow management of all files" - you can load the config and then revert the setting to "media only" if you wish.

stmims1124

Sep 28, 2010
Gaithersburg, MD
OnePlus 8T
Had the same issue. Go to Android settings > Apps & Notifications > See all apps and then tap on the Google Camera app. Inside the permissions submenu, change the Files and Media setting to "allow management of all files" - you can load the config and then revert the setting to "media only" if you wish.
Dude, you are my friggin' hero! I've seen this error with multiple GCam APKs, seemed to be so random...this definitely fixed it!

Reactions: TheZorg

Mrdkbsb

Feb 15, 2019
OnePlus 8T
Does anybody have configs for this beta? I wasn't able to find any....
I have those two

On 8t48mp you can take pictures at 48mp and record 8k60fps video with hdr+, but front face camera wont work.

On 8t8k you can record at 8k60fps and hdr+, but the picture size is 12mp and the front camera will work.

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
I have those two

On 8t48mp you can take pictures at 48mp and record 8k60fps video with hdr+, but front face camera wont work.

On 8t8k you can record at 8k60fps and hdr+, but the picture size is 12mp and the front camera will work.
Thank you for sharing config. It would be great if somebody could modify 8t48mp config to enable front camera work.

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Edit: Actually, it's working on both versions if we do a clean install. It's only when we load the config file that HDR Off stops working. I assume the config files are enabling something that breaks HDR off.

I can confirm on my 8Pro that HDR off doesn't work on 8.x versions from Wichaya and Greatness.

It's working on the latest from UltraM8 (heavily tweaked for detail, be careful), so it should also work on versions from Arnova8G2.

I'll pass the feedback along, but keep in mind that the main reason to use GCam is HDR (HDR+ On at the very least). If you don't want HDR, there are other better apps (eg: stock camera app).

Last edited:

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Edit: Actually, it's working on both versions if we do a clean install. It's only when we load the config file that HDR Off stops working. I assume the config files are enabling something that breaks HDR off.

I can confirm on my 8Pro that HDR off doesn't work on 8.x versions from Wichaya and Greatness.

It's working on the latest from UltraM8 (heavily tweaked for detail, be careful), so it should also work on versions from Arnova8G2.

I'll pass the feedback along, but keep in mind that the main reason to use GCam is HDR (HDR+ On at the very least). If you don't want HDR, there are other better apps (eg: stock camera app).
Do both (nrG--OP8-8T-v4-Greatness-8.2-204-210627.xml | Enzo-Gr8ness-8T-v1.xml) break HDR or on some of them it works?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update from Greatness:
    Update from Wichaya:
    ----

Greatness' version seems to be popular, especially when paired with nrG's config (follow the "configs" link).
    google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
    Stable versions and configs for the OnePlus 8T.

While quality on mobile devices has improved a lot in the past few years, Google Camera is often able to produce more detailed photos with better dynamic range. Let's use this thread to compile good/stable GCam versions for the OnePlus 8T.

Features:
    - HDR+ Enhanced, Night Mode, Astrophotography, Portrait Mode, Timelapse, Motion Photos, Lens Blur, Panorama, Photo Sphere, Photobooth, Motion tracking.
    - Video, Timelapse, Slow motion.
    - All auxiliary cameras work, except the depth camera.
    - AR Playground/Stickers (follow this guide).

Bugs:
    - Video quality is better on the stock camera, specially video stabilisation and slow motion.
    - Due to OnePlus' decision to restrict access of 3rd party apps to the extra cameras on Android 11, you'll need to use specific "package names" (eg: use the links on this thread). Some cameras (eg: front wide) may still not be available even with the right apk.

How to:
    1. Download APK (pick the first one if in doubt).
    2. Download config file (often not required, but may help with quality).
    3. Install APK file.
    4. Load config file.

A short video tutorial is available for new users.

Downloads:

Some notes:
    - WARNING: On Android 11, you need to use the "snapcam" package in order to use all cameras.
    - ⭐ = Recommended version.
    - To avoid issues when viewing media from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (can be used without uploads/Google Account).

GCam 8 (Android 10+):

- Greatness ⭐: GCam8.2.204_Greatness.210716.1733Release (2021-07-16, configs)
    - Wichaya: GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3 (2021-07-13, configs)
    - Arnova8G2: GCam_6.210406.0204build-8.1.101.apk (2021-05-02, configs)

GCam 7 (Android 9+):

- Wichaya ⭐: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1 (2020-12-15, configs)
    - Nikita: NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 (2020-12-06, configs)

I'll try to keep this post updated with info from the telegram group, but please, leave feedback.

To devs like Arnova8G2, BSG, Urnyx05, defcomg, and many other modders and testers that have contributed over the years.
    @jarxxx The existence of config files shouldn't stop users from exploring the settings menu or from testing GCam without any config first to see the "default" quality.

Configs are made by normal users to fit their usage/preferences. Some configs work well for us, while others are terrible. If you find one that is close to what you like, tweak it to fit your needs and preferences.

Inside the settings menu, right at the top, there's something to control the exposure. In your case, you probably want to increase it a bit. Test the different values and then choose the one that's better for you.

Screenshot_20210227-153928376.png

I would also check the "Lib Patcher" menu, where we can control things like detail, tone curve, etc. Have you tried increasing "Shadows" inside the "Tone Curve" menu?

Face smoothing is a bug that affects some phones, hopefully it can be fixed on GCam 8. The problem is that if you set up the rear camera for detail, the front will also be very detailed... depending on the settings, it can be a bit "harsh" on your skin. I guess one could use different configs? One more detailed and one more "soft" for selfies? It's an annoyance, sadly.

I should note that people focus on detail because that's one of the main reasons to use GCam. Users that want Snapchat+Filter-like pictures, probably should use Snapchat (not saying it's your case, but we should use the best tool for the job).

Video is often better on the stock camera, but under Settings > ("General" section) > Advanced > Stream config, we can select the best "Video Stream Config"... I honestly don't know which one is better for this phone, but some have stabilisation and some don't. I'm not sure if the config you're using sets up this or not.

Regarding 48MP, OnePlus doesn't allow 3rd party apps to use it. GCam can only access 12MP, which is the default resolution used by the stock camera. I recommend contacting OnePlus and asking them to stop blocking access to 48MP (they don't seem to care, but if enough people ask... maybe we can convince them to change).
    I've downloaded 15 different GCam apps and XML's, uploaded photos to compare them to google drive. Please let me know which one looks best.

Also, I've started a Facebook Group for OP8T GCam discussion. Please join!
    This is a beta from Arnova8G2, which supports 8K video and higher resolutions for photos.

It was shared on the telegram group for the 8 series, so I assume it also works on the 8T.

- GCam_6.1Beta.210615.1542build-8.1.101
    I have installed Arnova8G2 cam from the forst post, but I'm unable to pick a config. The app tells me that there is no space left on the device. ( about 60GB free)
    Did someone have the same problem?
    Linage OS 18.1 Android 11.