• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Camera for the OnePlus 8T

Search This thread

amb007

Feb 11, 2019
And this is the updated config for the version above (from enerGy on Telegram, for the 8/8T).

As discussed on the previous page, if you try to take a photo without using HDR, it will probably fail with this config. GCam should be used with HDR+ On or HDR+ Enhanced though, so it shouldn't a problem for most users.

- nrG-v3-OP8-8T-Wichaya-8.1.101-v1.4.xml

Changes:
Hi, wide works but tele does not (on KB2003). Is that expected?
Thanks

Reactions: etneo86

cbb77

Nov 28, 2010
Massachusetts
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
Been using a few different version so far and they seem to work ok. Only item I can't seem to find is the ability to take full screen resolution. Is there a way to establish this mode, full screen photo, in an of these versions?

amb007

Feb 11, 2019

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210902-080521.jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-080521.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 161

emiorosa

Jan 22, 2008
I have used a few versions already and they seem to work great for photo and wide. Night sight mode is fantastic! I did not find the option for macro.
Motion Photos on the contrary is not usable, recommended frames are fine, but the others feel like no post-proccesing is applied, and quality is really poor, even though I updated the settings to have motion photos to high 12mpx quality. It would be fantastic to have it, but I could not make it work.

EmperorX

Jan 6, 2010
Seattle
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Has anyone been successful in using Google Lens with either of the latest apk's and configs?

I have it on in camera settings but no QR code scanning or translation ever occurs.

Sorry if this has been discussed before.... Searched the thread and didn't see any reference to this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still without Tele (when I set 3 buttons for back (auxiliary) camera, Tele crashes). FWIW, PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk has 1x and 2x fine, but no Wide.
    Well...
    The OnePlus 8T doesn't have Tele.
    There's the wide, the ultrawide, the macro and the mono/b&w. But we don't have a telephoto.
    The cameras where the 2x work are only using digital zoom.
    google-camera.png

Google Camera Port
    Stable versions and configs for the OnePlus 8T.

While quality on mobile devices has improved a lot in the past few years, Google Camera is often able to produce more detailed photos with better dynamic range. Let's use this thread to compile good/stable GCam versions for the OnePlus 8T.

Features:
    - HDR+ Enhanced, Night Mode, Astrophotography, Portrait Mode, Timelapse, Motion Photos, Lens Blur, Panorama, Photo Sphere, Photobooth, Motion tracking.
    - Video, Timelapse, Slow motion.
    - All auxiliary cameras work, except the depth camera.
    - AR Playground/Stickers (follow this guide).

Bugs:
    - Video quality is better on the stock camera, specially video stabilisation and slow motion.
    - Due to OnePlus' decision to restrict access of 3rd party apps to the extra cameras on Android 11, you'll need to use specific "package names" (eg: use the links on this thread). Some cameras (eg: front wide) may still not be available even with the right apk.

How to:
    1. Download APK (pick the first one if in doubt).
    2. Download config file (often not required, but may help with quality).
    3. Install APK file.
    4. Load config file.

A short video tutorial is available for new users.

Downloads:

Some notes:
    - WARNING: On Android 11, you need to use the "snapcam" package in order to use all cameras.
    - ⭐ = Recommended version.
    - To avoid issues when viewing media from inside GCam, install the Google Photos app (can be used without uploads/Google Account).

GCam 8 (Android 10+):

- Greatness ⭐: GCam8.2.204_Greatness.210716.1733Release (2021-07-16, configs)
    - Wichaya: GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.4 (2021-08-03, configs)
    - Arnova8G2: GCam_6.210406.0204build-8.1.101.apk (2021-05-02, configs)

GCam 7 (Android 9+):

- Wichaya ⭐: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1 (2020-12-15, configs)
    - Nikita: NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 (2020-12-06, configs)

I'll try to keep this post updated with info from the telegram group, but please, leave feedback.

To devs like Arnova8G2, BSG, Urnyx05, defcomg, and many other modders and testers that have contributed over the years.
    @jarxxx The existence of config files shouldn't stop users from exploring the settings menu or from testing GCam without any config first to see the "default" quality.

Configs are made by normal users to fit their usage/preferences. Some configs work well for us, while others are terrible. If you find one that is close to what you like, tweak it to fit your needs and preferences.

Inside the settings menu, right at the top, there's something to control the exposure. In your case, you probably want to increase it a bit. Test the different values and then choose the one that's better for you.

Screenshot_20210227-153928376.png

I would also check the "Lib Patcher" menu, where we can control things like detail, tone curve, etc. Have you tried increasing "Shadows" inside the "Tone Curve" menu?

Face smoothing is a bug that affects some phones, hopefully it can be fixed on GCam 8. The problem is that if you set up the rear camera for detail, the front will also be very detailed... depending on the settings, it can be a bit "harsh" on your skin. I guess one could use different configs? One more detailed and one more "soft" for selfies? It's an annoyance, sadly.

I should note that people focus on detail because that's one of the main reasons to use GCam. Users that want Snapchat+Filter-like pictures, probably should use Snapchat (not saying it's your case, but we should use the best tool for the job).

Video is often better on the stock camera, but under Settings > ("General" section) > Advanced > Stream config, we can select the best "Video Stream Config"... I honestly don't know which one is better for this phone, but some have stabilisation and some don't. I'm not sure if the config you're using sets up this or not.

Regarding 48MP, OnePlus doesn't allow 3rd party apps to use it. GCam can only access 12MP, which is the default resolution used by the stock camera. I recommend contacting OnePlus and asking them to stop blocking access to 48MP (they don't seem to care, but if enough people ask... maybe we can convince them to change).
    I've downloaded 15 different GCam apps and XML's, uploaded photos to compare them to google drive. Please let me know which one looks best.

Also, I've started a Facebook Group for OP8T GCam discussion. Please join!
    And this is the updated config for the version above (from enerGy on Telegram, for the 8/8T).

As discussed on the previous page, if you try to take a photo without using HDR, it will probably fail with this config. GCam should be used with HDR+ On or HDR+ Enhanced though, so it shouldn't a problem for most users.

- nrG-v3-OP8-8T-Wichaya-8.1.101-v1.4.xml

Changes:

nrG v3 OP8-8T - Wichaya 8.1.101_v1.4

❕Based Off OP8Pro & Customised For OP8-8T

- Antibanding: Auto
    - Audio Zoom: Enabled
    - Auto Nightsight: Disabled
    - Auxiliary Camera: Google ID's Custom & Aux Button's Renamed For Each Lens
    - AWB: Back IMX586, Wide IMX586 & Front IMX471
    - AWB: Default Off (Turn On For Night Photography)
    - Developer Settings: Custom
    - Face Detection: Enabled
    - Face Retouch: Enabled
    - Focus Tracking: Enabled
    - Frames: Very High & Adjusted To Be Faster
    - Noise Model: Back IMX586SAP2, Wide IMX481SAP & Front IMX471
    - Photo Booth: Enabled
    - Ram Patcher: Amended, Saturation, HDR Intensity & Shadow Intensity
    - Sabre: Back, Wide & Front Camera's Enabled With Wiener Filter
    - Stream Config: Custom
    - Video: High Res & Frames
    - Video: Fixed UW Cropping Issue

* Thanks To Wichaya For Another Great Mod 🙏
    * Also A Huge Thank You To All My Homies 🙏
    This is a beta from Arnova8G2, which supports 8K video and higher resolutions for photos.

It was shared on the telegram group for the 8 series, so I assume it also works on the 8T.

- GCam_6.1Beta.210615.1542build-8.1.101