• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Google Camera (GCam) for Moto G60?

Search This thread

Scarambay

Jan 18, 2013
This phone's camera is trash, especially in night time. Not that I believe more mega pixels = better quality; but I was under the impression that the larger sensor behind 108 MP should collects more light and give better night time photos. The sensor is probably fine, but Moto's image processing is crap.

I tried a Google Camera version meant for Moto G 5G with 48 MP primary camera. The results are still bad.

Is there any specific GCam version for this phone right now?

Last edited:
Reactions: shivansh68

Scarambay

Jan 18, 2013
I bought this phone for the UI which is closer to AOSP. So far the performance and UI are pretty good and refreshing to use after using MIUI for years. Battery is pretty good as well.

I still hope a proper Google Camera version optimized for this phone would improve the image quality by a huge margin as it's the same sensor used in Redmi Note 10 Pro (Max).

I have never used Realme phones, so can't recommend one. I'm sick of Redmi phones as well because of their crappy MIUI and tried a Moto phone for the first time.

Thank you for your reply! I would be very grateful if you could answer a few more of my questions about this device:
What would you consider some pros and cons of buying this as of now?
Does the 120hz screen make a significant difference?
Have you noticed any differences in normal video quality and HDR10?
If you've used an AMOLED display phone before, have you noticed any significant difference between both?

Thank you in advance!

bpor

Sep 27, 2020
I had some luck using the Gcam "GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1". I don't know if we're able to post links here, but just google that and you'll be able to find. I'm trying to build a config file for G60, but i have no previous experience so i'm having a hard time.

z1_nile

Aug 29, 2015
Jalgaon
Thank you for your reply! I would be very grateful if you could answer a few more of my questions about this device:
If you've used an AMOLED display phone before, have you noticed any significant difference between both?

Thank you in advance!
I recently bought it, you won't notice significant difference in 60 and 120 hz refresh rates but touch input rate makes pointer to follow quick.
Display is good you'll mostly notice diffrence between amoled and lcd at night.
I'm very attracted towards stock android no lags no glitches no mi or samsung or Microsoft's crappy apps I'm very happy with the phone. It's a chonky boy

ERAAF

Apr 6, 2021
I recently bought it, you won't notice significant difference in 60 and 120 hz refresh rates but touch input rate makes pointer to follow quick.
I'm very attracted towards stock android no lags no glitches no mi or samsung or Microsoft's crappy apps I'm very happy with the phone. It's a chonky boy
Try this gcam

Ujwal2000

Feb 20, 2019
Hyderabad
Moto G60
The refresh rate does make a difference. Once you use this and go back to 60 hz it can hard to bear. It was for me. But most midrange phones these days have atleast 90hz which is fine

Last edited:

ERAAF

Apr 6, 2021
I have a G30(11k) and G40 fusion(14k)
G40 fusion is miles ahead in performance, stability, and features
When it comes to refresh rate, the difference between 120hz and 90hz is noticeable, at least to my eyes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This phone's camera is trash, especially in night time. Not that I believe more mega pixels = better quality; but I was under the impression that the larger sensor behind 108 MP should collects more light and give better night time photos. The sensor is probably fine, but Moto's image processing is crap.

I tried a Google Camera version meant for Moto G 5G with 48 MP primary camera. The results are still bad.

Is there any specific GCam version for this phone right now?
    I bought this phone for the UI which is closer to AOSP. So far the performance and UI are pretty good and refreshing to use after using MIUI for years. Battery is pretty good as well.

I still hope a proper Google Camera version optimized for this phone would improve the image quality by a huge margin as it's the same sensor used in Redmi Note 10 Pro (Max).

I have never used Realme phones, so can't recommend one. I'm sick of Redmi phones as well because of their crappy MIUI and tried a Moto phone for the first time.
    I had some luck using the Gcam "GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1". I don't know if we're able to post links here, but just google that and you'll be able to find. I'm trying to build a config file for G60, but i have no previous experience so i'm having a hard time.

Thank you in advance!