Google Camera HDR+ BSG Ports

Search This thread

4K2K

May 22, 2015
What is it?
Simply put, it makes your pictures better, much better. While there are many other camera apps, none are like Google Camera with HDR+. It not only improves dynamic range but noise and color rendition.
For more information, check out below XDA articles.
Google Camera with HDR+ Ported to Snapdragon 820/821 and 835 Devices
Google Camera HDR+ Port Updated with RAW Support, HDR Customization, and Major Bug Fixes

Where can I get it?
Please note that we get updates frequently and there are also modified version of BSG's ports.
For BSG's ports, @Kisakuku thankfully has been updating new versions on this thread with recommended settings.
For modified versions as well as BSG's ports, you may check @S4turno's own website here

Other resources
You might as well check out OP5 and OP3 thread as those are more active. You will notice their ongoing discussion is about touch focus not working. Lucky, we do not have such problems on LP1.
OP5
OP3

Last edited:

trizex

Oct 21, 2006
GCam_4.4.012.156195200-41155109_7.0H_CameraAPI2_Min_v2.2.apk

Has been running on my phone for the last 7 days, no issues whatsoever. Video/and slow-mo working. On other versions videos werent saving to the device.

Reactions: slgooding and smisi

orsonbear

Jun 24, 2011
With this camera 4pda.ru user B-S-G did a monstrous adaptation job!
For LOS 14.1 from Team Superluminal I use this version:
GCam_4.4.012.156195200_MI5S_MIUI_Android_7.0_PIXEL_II_XL_v.1.1
Never seen such beautiful and defined photos/videos on the Lex 720! Everything works! It's a pity that there is no manual mode, but to be an automatic camera does a really good job! Cheers!

jamax80

Jul 21, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
I test miui version, pixel version, ecc ecc but video and slow motion, after start and stop record, no save file.

I use aicp last version with 3.3 kernel black screen

Inviato dal mio LEX720 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

jamax80

Jul 21, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
I tried all the versions that have been posted. it seems strange that I have this problem. perhaps it is the version of the Roma. photos are perfect and are saved without problem. but the video, once stopped, it seems that saves, but then on the gallery there is nothing. soon will be released a new version of the AICP see if I have this problem.

robertzas

Mar 20, 2006
I have x727 on newest omni weekly:
Mod_GCam_4.4.012_MI5S_7.0H_Cam2API_Final_1.0.apk
works for everything, slow mo, lens blur

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Note that different copies are expected to show different image quality, not just whether it works or not. The best way to test it is taking a shot of high DR scene and see noise level differences.
I see B-G-R is still working on fine tuning noise/detail performance. Too bad I cannot download directly from the site as it gives 404 error somehow. I can only hope @snowwolf725 to keep uploading it on AFH until the end.
In all, it is a game changer. The worst thing about LP1 and majority of Chinese phones are their low IQ. Google Camera HDR+ can fix that.

marik1

Nov 25, 2016
Wrocław
For the lastest AICP, tried few included that you mentioned, but Slow Motion makes app crappy. What should I do?

4K2K

May 22, 2015
I ran a simple test on 5 random different versions. Image quality differences were minimal to the point it may not be easily distinguishable on a phone screen but visible on 32inch 4k monitor.
Noticed differences were...
a. saturation - some were neutral while others were strong.
b. noise - some had stronger noise reduction applied which resulted in blotchy gradation with less detail.

I think there should be DR difference but my test setting was not suitable for that.

Setrish

May 29, 2017
Note that different copies are expected to show different image quality, not just whether it works or not. The best way to test it is taking a shot of high DR scene and see noise level differences.
I see B-G-R is still working on fine tuning noise/detail performance. Too bad I cannot download directly from the site as it gives 404 error somehow. I can only hope @snowwolf725 to keep uploading it on AFH until the end.
In all, it is a game changer. The worst thing about LP1 and majority of Chinese phones are their low IQ. Google Camera HDR+ can fix that.

4PDA gives you 404 most likely because you are not registered at their forum board. Once you register, you can download directly without any problems.

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Link to new 2.1_AllinOne version:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298982291

This is big improvement over previous ones. In settings, you can config camera - N6P, N6, N5X, PixelXL, NexusExp2016, NexusExp2017, ExpPixelXL. Also an option to save DNG files when taking HDR+ images, video stabilization, and many others. But there is a catch: it crashes once you go into the setting. I guess updated versions will hopefully fix this issue.

EDIT: It does not crash once you go into config camera setting and choose a phone model.

Last edited:

Redhawk2000

Jun 1, 2016
Hello
What config choose for Leeco Pro3?

I was using nexus 6p but realized auto flash doesn't work on that profile. It didn't work on pixel XL profile either. I'm using nexus 6 profile now and everything seems to work.

Of note I'm using
MGCB_7.0H_C2API_Min_v.2.1_AllinOne+60fps+BurstOff.apk

Edit. Just updated to 3.0.3 (all in one) and it works on nexus 6p profile with auto flash working and burst mode working as well.

Last edited:

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette
OnePlus 7 Pro
I was using nexus 6p but realized auto flash doesn't work on that profile. It didn't work on pixel XL profile either. I'm using nexus 6 profile now and everything seems to work.

Of note I'm using
MGCB_7.0H_C2API_Min_v.2.1_AllinOne+60fps+BurstOff.apk

Edit. Just updated to 3.0.3 (all in one) and it works on nexus 6p profile with auto flash working and burst mode working as well.

I don't see 3.03. where is it?..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is it?
    Simply put, it makes your pictures better, much better. While there are many other camera apps, none are like Google Camera with HDR+. It not only improves dynamic range but noise and color rendition.
    For more information, check out below XDA articles.
    Google Camera with HDR+ Ported to Snapdragon 820/821 and 835 Devices
    Google Camera HDR+ Port Updated with RAW Support, HDR Customization, and Major Bug Fixes

Where can I get it?
    Please note that we get updates frequently and there are also modified version of BSG's ports.
    For BSG's ports, @Kisakuku thankfully has been updating new versions on this thread with recommended settings.
    For modified versions as well as BSG's ports, you may check @S4turno's own website here

Other resources
    You might as well check out OP5 and OP3 thread as those are more active. You will notice their ongoing discussion is about touch focus not working. Lucky, we do not have such problems on LP1.
    OP5
    OP3
    https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.4.032219.1950.apk

Guys, I'm still working on best camera setting.

this is the last one for the quoted google camera
    Well I did some shots using both cameras Apk. Remember, you can have installed both camera at same time without no problem.
    I am Not a professional ... even not amateur. Each shot was "Focus and Shot". I tried that both shot be as same as possible, same light condition, same angle and same focus point. HDR on GCM 5.2.0.22 its set on "Quality", on Arnovas is set on "High".

On GCM 5.2.0.22, in "Fixes" "blackLevel=16 for Front cam" its ON, this fix the all green image using front camera.

Pic´s would have low quality because upload size, but for proof the point here, so I think is ok

Used a LePro3 X727, cDroid Rom 4.3 05/26. Magisk 16.0
    Camera Apps: GCM 5.2.0.22 All AutoCORR_2 and Arnova8G2 V6

In my opinion, both Apps get awesome shots. Arnova´s version shot faster and its better for quick shot in day to day. Instead GCM 5.2.0.22 All AutoCORR_2 despite to take a little bit more to shot, get better colors and its superior on low light condition (take a at look to the reclining chair image). Also, in the Night with artifitial light, Arnovas version have a brown/red tone and in day light the image its too white and over exposed in relation to GCM 5.2.0.22 All AutoCORR_2 shot (See White paint´s cube shot).

Front camera results its practical same thing, and portrait mode it same too.

Using flashlight, with Arnova´s version, i should to take some extra shot, because the the result was out of focus, beside I got a little bit darker image. GCM 5.2.0.22 All AutoCORR_2 use the flash better despite take more time to shot, that extra time look like use to get better results.

Conclusion:

If you want easy fast shot, with very good Quality in good light / Natural day light condition, use Arnovas version. Instead if you want the best quality and have time to shot, with better color, if its dark, low light condition o need to shot using flash, you should pick GCM 5.2.0.22 All AutoCORR_2.

I do not recommend to use any other version of Arnovas Gcam like Pixel3, V7.xx etc. Thats version have worst performance than V6 and take shot with a lot of noise and fake colors. Also, Any version what I tested of GCM 5.2.0.22 have fault, just GCM 5.2.0.22 All AutoCORR_2 work fine in LePro3. Some have issues with front camera, some have issue with settings (Hang or Fc´s)

Bigger Pic´s Here
    https://ibb.co/kVEpho
    https://ibb.co/ghVvNo
    https://ibb.co/h7mwTT
    https://ibb.co/cD2s2o
    https://ibb.co/c9dzho
    https://ibb.co/i06PF8
    https://ibb.co/dcZY8T
    recap guys:

Best google camera ever: HERE

SETTING:

FAST
    BALANCED
    QUALITY

These photos are taked with balanced setting, that is my preferite!

GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6 VS Google Camera HDR + BSG Port 5.2.022.

I've do some shoots for compare GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6 VS Google Camera HDR + BSG Port 5.2.022.

Here you can see the differerences:

Here the Setting:

My personal opinion:
    I think that Arnova is a way better than Gcam Mod (the proof for me is the lighter photo in full size), but in low light conditions have some problem with the lights ans artifacts (you can see some artifacts in full size of 05 Arnova 05 and the lights is too "yellow").
    Also you can see the "White Balance" is Gcam is more better than Arnova (Arnova photos are more "yellowed").

Arnova PRO: More detailed photos
    Arnova CONS: Some artifacts in low lights conditions and White Balance is not very good

GCam Mod PRO: White Balance is perfect and fastest Shutter
    GCam Mod CONS: Less detailed photos and a lot of noise in low light condition