Google Camera HDR+

Search This thread

marinespl

May 2, 2012
Epic ROM based on MIUI9. Focusing doesn't work in photo mode. You can switch to video recording, refocus, switch back to photo mode and take a shot.

leeboski44

Apr 12, 2017
Baton Rouge
I tried installing it on the S7 G930P rooted/SuperSU282 but keeps restarting. I can start the VIdeo recorder from the quick start menu option via NovaLauncher, but cannot get the camera portion to operate correctly. Previously, I used 4.2 x64 and I have BEEN waiting for this release to surface.

xdadevet, would you mind explaining how to enable HAL3 and api2?

Reactions: Nano23

demonntl

Jun 22, 2009
Ho Chi Minh
i am running 4.4.020 , work well in my Mi6 with epic rom Miui 9

EDT: the mod HDR+ version is unstable, need to switch to video to get focus and back to image to take picture.

Last edited:

xdadevet

Jul 24, 2014
Pretoria
I tried installing it on the S7 G930P rooted/SuperSU282 but keeps restarting. I can start the VIdeo recorder from the quick start menu option via NovaLauncher, but cannot get the camera portion to operate correctly. Previously, I used 4.2 x64 and I have BEEN waiting for this release to surface.

xdadevet, would you mind explaining how to enable HAL3 and api2?

Well, you can manually enable it by editing some camera libs and the build prop, but if your ROM doesn't support it you will run into trouble trying to use your camera. I suggest you ask your ROM developer whether it is enabled, or use the Manual Camera Compatibility app to see if your ROM supports camera api2.

You don't need superuser access for it to work. Just make sure your ROM uses HAL3 instead of HAL1.

I'm asking because HDR+ works fantastic on my Xiaomi Mi5 and delivers much better pictures with Google Camera on AOSP than stock MIUI (I've attached an indoor lighting photo below) and my friend is looking to buy the Xiaomi Mi6 and I wanted to check whether it is compatible.

Attachments

• IMG_20170813_110631-01.jpg
    IMG_20170813_110631-01.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 6,905

zeCosta

Oct 15, 2011
In my mi6 the AF only Works at the first time that i open the app. After i take the 1st shot, It stop working :(

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

My workarround by now Is Focus into vídeo mode and back to Photo mode

gatto01

Aug 15, 2017
In RR v8.5.4 only before take a first photo.

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Arnova8G2

please help to fix the auto focus on mi6.
    I'm going to look for the source code of a device that uses two sensor lens at the back
    Thread cleaned up.

Please respect what the developer does instead of asking him again and again to implement some specific features.

A polite request should be sufficient. After request, kindly wait for the dev and have patience for him to consider your request and decide whether to implement the feature. Sounds good, yes?

Hope I made myself clear.

Regards,
    Vatsal.
    in my mi6 the frontal photo hdr + tando normal how much picture got the color half pink

put black level front camera = 64
    I really really need front portrait to work please
    ----------emoji censored----------

Hey have you seen the Pixel 2 by Google?
    It comes with google camera preinstalled and the hardware to support it so you get all the features from the box! Go check it out! /s

Stop begging on XDA. It's not the place.
    Be patient or learn how to mod apks.

Its insulting really because BSG probably spent a lot of time getting just the autofocus to work and immediately the next wave of cries for more features arrives.
    Camera has stopped when opening.

AtomicOS AOSP 8.1 based

Camera2api enabled.

Beta 1.7 working without autofocus.

Does it need anything special?

The OP3 version is working.
    Same limitations as always. Autofocus and HDR+ not working as expected.
    Good concept
    Another version that I corrected for OP3
    gcam_518_a_a_a_v4_mf-OP3.apk