Google Camera Mod For Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F/DS)

Search This thread

IDan1109

Jan 24, 2012
Turin
Beacuse some users reported me that my version of Gcam is working on SD i tryed looking also for s9 exynos. For the front portrait mode there is some serious problems i guess and probably would never work until you make a bug report for Samsung. Looking at Camera2Test exynos for the front camera has 2 output formats

YUV_420_888(35), JPEG(256) and no RAW support.

Note that RAW support is enabled for the Front camera this is why portrait mode works for you only on front camera.
Basically every other version of GCam will not work for exynos user beacuse RAW_10 or RAW_SENSOR or others RAW types are not supported in any way. The only chance you have is the miniuser version. He made in that way that YUV_420_888 format is supported by handling the exception and so "black screen is fixed" on front portrait mode. This is what i understood from his code (i could be wrong though) as miniuser also said you should make a bug report for Samsung with same camera app on PlayStore that won't work beacuse i don't think they will consider Gcam port al a valid bug report considering the non support for developers community

If someone with SD version can send here camera2test (full) log to prove my point would be helpful

Last edited:

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest

Back camera doesn't work with these settings (Taimen).

Ok, so after changing settings to this everything works except for front camera portrait. But after you enter the portrait mode on back camera you need close the app from recents to do anything else(in the camera).

With Shamu configuration the pictures with Auto HDR+ or Enhanced are way darker than without HDR+ :confused:

Like, in low light they're unusable unless you disable HDR+.

ADPL

Dec 26, 2015
Back camera doesn't work with these settings (Taimen).

With Shamu configuration the pictures with Auto HDR+ or Enhanced are way darker than without HDR+ :confused:

Like, in low light they're unusable unless you disable HDR+.

I use GCam only for portrait mode. So haven't noticed it. My settings are optimized to make back camera portrait mode work, that's it.

Reactions: Formhault

ADPL

Dec 26, 2015
Alright so here how to have a working GCam with Portrait mode only on the back camera and AR Sticker (photos only) for S9+ Exynos.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1nPbPkEsvnq0Tjhfw4uvGy4AwYGi_z1Ji

Download both the apks in the APKs folder and install them.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.core

Install this app from the Play Store

Go to the settings folder in the Drive link provided in Step1. And copy all the settings exactly.

You should have everything working.

Last edited:

GnMrty

Apr 21, 2018
When i tried to use the portrait. When i click the shoot botton it doesnt do anything and when i exit the portrait mode, it crashes.

ADPL

Dec 26, 2015
Ok so I had forgotten to put screenshot for Developer settings in the drive folder. Do that if you haven't. After all the settings are applied, force stop the app. And after taking a pic in portrait more, swipe the app from recents and open app again to take next pic. This is only for portrait more pics.

vulkahn89

Jun 15, 2016
Hey, guys,

in the Lineage OS Telegram group for the Galaxy s9 some users report about a purple ring when shooting with the gcam port (lineage ROM). This occurs when taking photos with the HDR+ function in dark environments. Have any of you had similar experiences? If so, does anyone know a fix for this problem?

The best solution in the Telegram group was to change the "HDR+ Auto-exposure mode" in the settings to "1/10 sec min". This minimizes the shape of the ring, but cannot remove it.

Thank you

Last edited:

kyooohei08

Sep 24, 2016
Mabalacat
Hey, guys,

in the Lineage OS Telegram group for the Galaxy s9 some users report about a purple ring when shooting with the gcam port. This occurs when taking photos with the HDR+ function in dark environments. Have any of you had similar experiences? If so, does anyone know a fix for this problem?

The best solution in the Telegram group was to change the "HDR+ Auto-exposure mode" in the settings to "1/10 sec min". This minimizes the shape of the ring, but cannot remove it.

Thank you

I've never had those tinting issues. Im using MGC_5.1.016_7.0-C2API_v.1.3c_AllinOne.apk version and so far so good. Only HDR+

EDIT: I am in stock firmware, maybe you guys are rooted and have custom rom installed to have those tinting problems.

Reactions: vulkahn89

lfred01

Apr 5, 2018
I've never had those tinting issues. Im using MGC_5.1.016_7.0-C2API_v.1.3c_AllinOne.apk version and so far so good. Only HDR+

EDIT: I am in stock firmware, maybe you guys are rooted and have custom rom installed to have those tinting problems.[/QUOTE

black screen back Camera on S9 Snap with MGC_5.1.016_7.0-C2API_v.1.3c_AllinOne.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, i new in here so this is my first post :D

Btw, after a long time i search and download many app mod Google Camera, i has found which one Google Camera is work and stability on Galaxy S9. I use Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F/DS).

Features :
    - Its work HDR+ On Both Camera
    - portrait mode on (Just Rear Camera)
    - Fast Shutter
    - You can uses features for Google camera like photo sphere and more

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w__75KsBFJlqjziH1UFABelnRdGhI49Y/view?usp=drivesdk

NOTE : (FOR EXYNOS ONLY) If you have Google Camera mod with and working for portrait mode on both camera (rear/front cam) please share and tell me :) :good: :mad:

view
    Alright so here how to have a working GCam with Portrait mode only on the back camera and AR Sticker (photos only) for S9+ Exynos.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1nPbPkEsvnq0Tjhfw4uvGy4AwYGi_z1Ji

Download both the apks in the APKs folder and install them.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.core

Install this app from the Play Store

Go to the settings folder in the Drive link provided in Step1. And copy all the settings exactly.

You should have everything working.
    What's the trick to get it working on the Snapdragon? I'm guessing just a waiting game for someone to mod the apk to work with the Snapdragon 845 chipset or is it a device specific modding? I try to watch different forums and try different devices gcam mods if it's a Snapdragon version case then I can watch other 845 device forums. Just curious.
    If someone with SD version can send here camera2test (full) log to prove my point would be helpful

Here you go... :)
    Hi, go to the setting and make model to nexus 6 and enable portrait mode all models.. Thanks