• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Google Camera Mod for Oneplus Nord 2

Search This thread

Adi.sharma

Aug 13, 2021
Well, using the ultrawide is come kind of zooming. The app definitely uses the second camera then. Just put something in front of the lenses and you'll see.
Nope ultrawide is not supported in Gcam yet maybe OnePlus block some capabilities of camera api or libs I don't know so we can't enable other sensors except front and back so don't be confused now

Pokkos

Mar 15, 2019
Do you have a Nord 2 ?

I installed the app and the 0.4x button is not present (only 1x and 2x and both only use the main sensor, wideangle sensor is never used in both case)
Yes, I have a Nord 2. I'm not on stock anymore but use the GSI from phhusson from here:

Pouic

Aug 9, 2010
Yes, I have a Nord 2. I'm not on stock anymore but use the GSI from phhusson from here:
Ah ok, now I understand better why you have different results than all of us.

I can confirm too that on stock rom the wideangle sensor is not exposed to the system and APIs (this is why adi.sharma and I can't use wideangle on Gcam apps) maybe it's deliberate decision from oneplus or maybe a bug in the current oxygen os version . It's very annoying because also in other apps (instagram, whatsapp, snapchat, etc...) the wideangle sensor is not available.

Pokkos

Mar 15, 2019
I see. Then the issue is the stock rom (I guess more intentionally from Oneplus than a bug) and not that the wideangle sensor can't be used in general.

Adi.sharma

Aug 13, 2021
Ah ok, now I understand better why you have different results than all of us.

I can confirm too that on stock rom the wideangle sensor is not exposed to the system and APIs (this is why adi.sharma and I can't use wideangle on Gcam apps) maybe it's deliberate decision from oneplus or maybe a bug in the current oxygen os version . It's very annoying because also in other apps (instagram, whatsapp, snapchat, etc...) the wideangle sensor is not available.
Yeah that's what I talking about. btw bro can you send me your telegram I'd I need some help related to gsi that you are on so send your I'd to me

Top Liked Posts