• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Google Camera Mod for Zenfone 7/7 Pro

Search This thread

CVonV

Mar 7, 2010
Sydney
Is there a camera ID for selfie where the main sensor is used in 16mp instead of 64mp?

I'd like to know this too. I tried all IDs but it seems like only 7 works. I'd rather the pixel binned 16mp instead of the full 64mp sensor.

PS I had to set Back Camera 4 to "6" in order for slow motion to work with the 64mp camera. It's not proper slow mo though. Anybody know how to enable >= 120fps in gcam? Stock cam is good but slow mo doesn't have sound it seems where as in gcam it does.

Last edited:

jx9919

Oct 31, 2020
How bad is the distortion on ultra wide angle camera on Gcam? I personally don't mind some distortion as long as it has better colors and detail. Does anyone mind posting a sample Gcam UWA photo?

CVonV

Mar 7, 2010
Sydney
How bad is the distortion on ultra wide angle camera on Gcam? I personally don't mind some distortion as long as it has better colors and detail. Does anyone mind posting a sample Gcam UWA photo?

Here you go. Taken from the same position. Gcam actually takes a wider fov. If you zoom in with gcam to have the same fov it shouldn't have distortion then.

Attachments

• P_20201102_181417.jpg
    P_20201102_181417.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 255
  • MVIMG_20201102_181427.jpg
    MVIMG_20201102_181427.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 253

nikotine81

Sep 14, 2012
Photosphère mod sont works for me,if i selected this, the app go to force close,panorama mod works ans all the other mod toi,zenfone 7 not rooted latest firmware and latest version of this app

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
New Update

GCam 7.3.018 Version 3.0 by me
Changelog
Based on GCam 7.3.018 Urnyx05 (Thanks Urnyx05)
Package name : com.GoogleCamera.Wichaya
- Added gamma coefficient, noise processing, temporal denoise radius, highlight color tweak, hue shift (Thanks Tatchan, burial)
- Added max motion resolution option based on raw resolution but may use a lot of ram when capturing
- Added separate manual focus slider for each lens with manual option for focus range and max focus value (Thanks Alexy, Fu24, gdb417)
- Added separate stream config for each lens similar to lib patcher
- Added save portraits to /DCIM/Camera folder
- Added IMX686 noise model from Zenfone 7 (Thanks UltraM8, Savitar for the help)
- New xml configs selection menu (Thanks Arnova8G2)
- Fixed face retouching on ZF6
- Fixed Redmi Note 8 Pro black viewfinder and exposure (Thanks Wyroczen)
- Disabled sabre at front camera by default for Asus devices
- Automatically change to main lens when using photo sphere
- Rearrange some menus

Download : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1485/ (Thanks Celso for the host)

GCam 8 (Beta) by Arnova8G2
Changelog & Download : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83928589&postcount=2644
- Some features may not work for GCam 8 as of now. It's beta version

Updated OP

Update : Config file
Wichaya_ZF7_V3 for daylight
Wichaya_Timo_ZF7_night_V3 for night scene

Attachments

• Wichaya_ZF7_V3.xml
    35 KB · Views: 56
  • Wichaya_Timo_ZF7_Night_V3.xml
    35.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

IwoTT

Sep 22, 2020
Thanks!
May I ask what this is?

From celsoazevedo.com:
Sabre is a merge method created by Google that improves photo quality on some modes. Some call it "super resolution" because of the sharpness/detail improvements. It's used by Google for Night Sight, but some GCam mods also use it for zoomed photos and HDR+ Enhanced. Works with the RAW10 format (other RAW formats may result in black photos).
Sometimes Sabre isn't supported by all cameras sensors (eg: non-Sony sensors) and Google Camera will crash after taking a picture. In this case, the only solution is to disable Sabre (only available on some mods) and restart the app.

Fcdoct93

Dec 6, 2019
Sono un nuovo possessore di Z7Pro.come posso migliorare gli scatti con Gcam? Ho letto che bisogna modificare l'IDma non riesco. Le foto con la cam stabilizzata hanno risoluzione 16mp e non 64, why?

CVonV

Mar 7, 2010
Sydney
Was just browsing on the Zentalk forums and read this thread about the selfie cam in social media apps. It details that the wide angle lens is what is used by these apps and not the main camera. This isn't a problem with photos but for videos (particularly for video calls like skype, facebook messenger, live streaming etc) this is a huge problem. An Asus rep/mod in that thread said there's nothing that can be done as they've made the decision based on the main camera sensor generating too much heat when taking videos. However, if that was true then why can you use it for video in rear camera mode (and hence circumvent this limitation albeit having an upside down image)?

Asus should at least give the option to the user as to which camera to set as the default front cam much like how you can edit the camera ids here on gcam. Quite a disappointing oversight from Asus imo. Perhaps one of the brilliant devs out there can somehow delve into the build/rom and change the default front cam setting?

Last edited:

Fcdoct93

Dec 6, 2019
Was just browsing on the Zentalk forums and read this thread about the selfie cam in social media apps. It details that the wide angle lens is what is used by these apps and not the main camera. This isn't a problem with photos but for videos (particularly for video calls like skype, facebook messenger, live streaming etc) this is a huge problem. An Asus rep/mod in that thread said there's nothing that can be done as they've made the decision based on the main camera sensor generating too much heat when taking videos. However, if that was true then why can you use it for video in rear camera mode (and hence circumvent this limitation albeit having an upside down image)?

Asus should at least give the option to the user as to which camera to set as the default front cam much like how you can edit the camera ids here on gcam. Quite a disappointing oversight from Asus imo. Perhaps one of the brilliant devs out there can somehow delve into the build/rom and change the default front cam setting?
Ho, mi dico gli ID da impostare per avere il miglior set su GCam?

shaoran_ojo

Jan 5, 2012
Can anyone suggest how to set this one up? If possible, please guide which one to tick in order to improve the best image quality as I have just switched to this phone a few days ago and not really impress with the photo quality even compared with my old ROG2....

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Can anyone suggest how to set this one up? If possible, please guide which one to tick in order to improve the best image quality as I have just switched to this phone a few days ago and not really impress with the photo quality even compared with my old ROG2....

Just download the apk file, install it, and load the config. This video might be useful.

mickey36736

Jan 10, 2013
Chiang Mai
New Update

GCam 7.3.018 Version 3.1.1
by me

Changelog
- Enable manual focus infinity in night mode for all devices
- Added Shasta factor
- Added MI 10 noise model (Thanks Savitar)
- Added OP7T/ OP7 Pro noise model (Thanks SAP, John Galt)
- Added hdr instant option
- Corrected aux ids for MI 10
- Fixed raw for OnePlus devices (Thanks John Galt)

Download (Choose com.GoogleCamera.Wichaya ) : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1501/

Reactions: JasonTama and CVonV

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Camera Port for Zenfone 7/7 Pro

Features
    - All cameras working with ZSL HDR+ and HDR+ Enhanced
    - Night Sight/Astro photography
    - Super Res Zoom (Main camera)
    - AWB
    - Top Shot
    - Portrait on front & back camera
    - Video recording upto 4K 60FPS With EIS
    - Focus tracking
    - Motion photos
    - Photosphere/Panaroma
    - Playground/Stickers (how to install)

Download & Changelog
    GCam 7.3
    - 15 December 2020: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1 by me
    Bugs
    - Face retouching
    - Slow motion on main (id 0), ultrawide, telephoto but working on 64mp mode

GCam 8.1
    - 2 August 2021: GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.4 by Wichaya
    Bugs
    - Face retouching
    - Slow motion

Credit
    @S4turno (Celso) , @Arnova8G2 [donate] , @defcomg (Savitar) [donate] @Urnyx05
    Many thanks to other modder who help me make this possible :)
    Many thanks to the testers.

Donation
    You can support my work by send me a donation :)
    https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/wichayapoka
    Hi there.
    First of all, thank you for the great work.
    I see that many updates came out in the meantime.
    Will you continue the porting? Or is there a version compatible with 7 pro that is updated in a regular basis?
    Thanks in advance.
    I'm currently working on porting gcam 8.1
    Stay tuned
    New Update

GCam 7.3.018 Version 3.0 by me
    Changelog
    Package name : com.GoogleCamera.Wichaya
    - Added gamma coefficient, noise processing, temporal denoise radius, highlight color tweak, hue shift (Thanks Tatchan, burial)
    - Added max motion resolution option based on raw resolution but may use a lot of ram when capturing
    - Added separate manual focus slider for each lens with manual option for focus range and max focus value (Thanks Alexy, Fu24, gdb417)
    - Added separate stream config for each lens similar to lib patcher
    - Added save portraits to /DCIM/Camera folder
    - Added IMX686 noise model from Zenfone 7 (Thanks UltraM8, Savitar for the help)
    - New xml configs selection menu (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Fixed face retouching on ZF6
    - Fixed Redmi Note 8 Pro black viewfinder and exposure (Thanks Wyroczen)
    - Disabled sabre at front camera by default for Asus devices
    - Automatically change to main lens when using photo sphere
    - Rearrange some menus

Download : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1485/ (Thanks Celso for the host)

GCam 8 (Beta) by Arnova8G2
    Changelog & Download : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83928589&postcount=2644
    - Some features may not work for GCam 8 as of now. It's beta version

Updated OP

Update : Config file
    Wichaya_ZF7_V3 for daylight
    Wichaya_Timo_ZF7_night_V3 for night scene
    New Update

GCam 7.3.018 Version 3.1.1
    by me

Changelog
    - Enable manual focus infinity in night mode for all devices
    - Added Shasta factor
    - Added MI 10 noise model (Thanks Savitar)
    - Added OP7T/ OP7 Pro noise model (Thanks SAP, John Galt)
    - Added hdr instant option
    - Corrected aux ids for MI 10
    - Fixed raw for OnePlus devices (Thanks John Galt)

Download (Choose com.GoogleCamera.Wichaya ) : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1501/

GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.0​

Initial version. Based on GCam 8.1.101 from scratch.
    - Added AUX support with adjustable number of aux buttons
    - Added manual set camera ID, Google ID (Thanks Arnova8G2), button AUX name and camera array
    - Added Sabre option with merge method
    - Improved camera ids detection with automatically set aux name compare to my previous GCam 7.3 (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added noise model, a few options in ram patcher, stream config with reworked menu (Thanks Arnova8G2, Savitar)
    - Added AWB option with toggle on and off in dropdown menu (Default is Pixel 5 AWB)
    - Added HDR+ models for front and back camera selection
    - Added Pixel Binning for supported device (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added HDR+ option for portrait mode (Thanks Abhi Shake)
    - Added HDR+ Enhanced frames, Shasta factor
    - Added Astro Max Exposure Time (Thanks BSG)
    - Added developer settings (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added lens shading map for Exynos devices and OnePlus 5/5T (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added sun bug fix for OnePlus (Thanks Arnova8G2)
    - Added noise model (Thanks Arnova8G2, Savitar)
    - Forced astro mode when switch to auto
    - Disabled portrait zoom for front and back camera
    - And more

Many thanks to developers:

Abhi Shake, Arnova8G2, BSG, back.rider, burial, cstark27, Eszdman, fu24, HomerSp, IDan, John Galt, Julian Tsependa, marcello, namok, overwhelmer, r0m10, san1ty, Savitar, tigr, TlnNeun, UltraM8, Wyroczen, Zoran and more.

For Zenfone 7/7 Pro, turn off framing hints to avoid flashing with flash is on

Download : GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.0